Dr. Michael Connelly

Ratings for Dr. Michael Connelly

Nurse Lori is fantastic, clinic amazingly helpful and collaborative. Dr Connelly is great, very professional. Will continue travelling from two provinces away to see him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He got a little too close to chest during a PE. Would feel comfortable in his care as a result of this.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I have quite a bit of experience with doctors and cardiologists in particular, having had 2 open heart surgeries and multiple procedures. My experience with Dr. Connelly has been very positive. He is a very thoughtful person and very interested in obtaining real data through various tests before he makes recommendations for additional treatment. I appreciate this. We have only one heart to deal with and we cannot let emotion play a part in our treatment or we risk irreparable damage. I happy to have Dr. Connelly working on my case and am very satisfied with his level of communication especially. He is a willing listener when I put forward thoughts and ideas about potential treatments, and he certainly allows me input as to what I am comfortable with in terms of tests and treatments. I love his consultative approach. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Connelly recommended I take a conservative approach and not fix a defect that had been found in my heart , even though he himself said that most reputable medical centres ( including the Mayo Clinic ) choose to fix this type of problem whether it's causing any issues or not. He convinced me that even though my heart was enlarging "slightly" and I was at a "slightly" higher risk of stroke due to this defect , that surgery was an unnecessary risk. Took his advice , and ended up having a stroke , which I believe would have been avoided if he had prescribed a daily blood thinner (baby aspirin) knowing I was at a higher risk. I will always maintain that his recommendation for me to forgo having surgery had more to do with me not meeting certain "criteria" ...... criteria that shouldn't have even been a factor , rather than taking the same course of action that other reputable medical facilities take .... which is , fixing the issue immediately. After having the stroke , I said I wanted the surgery to prevent another , and he still tried to steer me away ! Had the surgery anyway regardless of his opinion and glad that I did. He also mislead me by telling me that if I lived with the defect for the time being and had surgery when I got older , the "acceptable" enlargement of my heart would reverse itself .... After I had the surgery and confirmed that would be the case , he changed his story and said that only ONE side of my heart would return to normal size !

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

doctor connelly is a very good cardiolgist i was very nerves about my 1st doctor apponitment with him but i think he is very nice

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

Dr. Connelly has been my cardiologist for a few years now (I am in my twenties and have a congenital heart condition). I think he is okay as a doctor, but he kind of gives me the creeps. He stands too close and asks questions that are too personal (nothing to do with my heart). I think if your a young female, you should be careful. I said I felt uncomfortable to one of the nurses and she kind of admitted that he is sometimes inappropriate to female patients. I did hear he had an affair with a patient, I don't know how some doctors keep their licence after that. As a doctor he is okay, though, if you don't mind being hit on.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2016

Excellent cardiologist and very knowledgeable. Excellent staff and Dr. Connelly has very good bed side manners which a lot of doctors lack. His staff is very professional and helpful. Have been seeing him for a few years and would never trade him for another cardiologist.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

Very professional, courteous, knowledgeable. Front end staff and nurse lovely. Great experience and very happy with the congenital heart clinic. Dr Connellys very good.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

i was very worry about having my 1st doctor apponitment with doctor connelly but i thought he was a very good doctor he was a very nice doctor too

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I want to try and be fair as much as possible. Dr. Connelly did do a variety of test including an MRI back a couple years ago when I was experiencing odd heart symptoms including extreme fatigue and exercise intolerance. His conclusion however was that "it's not your heart". I ended up going to the Mayo clinic in Arizona where within 24 hours of seeing the cardiologist they had correctly diagnosed my problem. I was able to have the needed open heart surgery at the excellent Mazenkowshi Heart Institute in Edmonton, which significantly improved my symptoms. Dr. Connelly was not curious enough or good enough at diagnosis to figure out my rare condition, and his lack of interest may have possibly caused permanent damage to my heart. I would recommend going elsewhere if it's not a straight forward problem. Also his staff is not particularly polite. Or is polite in a very condescending way.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015