Dr. Michael Connelly

Ratings for Dr. Michael Connelly

I think this Dr is great in all aspects and totally respect him

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

Great doctor, takes time to answer any and all questions.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

He's an amazing dr and wonderful staff. I e been seeing him for 25 years. He has a way of being straight to the point and calming at the same time. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Dr. Connelly is a very thoughtful and intuitive DR.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Dr Connelly was really inappropriate with me during a consult. If you are a female patient, always have a third party (nurse or family member) in the room with you. Or just request a differnet cardiologist...

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Nurse Lori is fantastic, clinic amazingly helpful and collaborative. Dr Connelly is great, very professional. Will continue travelling from two provinces away to see him.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He got a little too close to chest during a PE. Would feel comfortable in his care as a result of this.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I have quite a bit of experience with doctors and cardiologists in particular, having had 2 open heart surgeries and multiple procedures. My experience with Dr. Connelly has been very positive. He is a very thoughtful person and very interested in obtaining real data through various tests before he makes recommendations for additional treatment. I appreciate this. We have only one heart to deal with and we cannot let emotion play a part in our treatment or we risk irreparable damage. I happy to have Dr. Connelly working on my case and am very satisfied with his level of communication especially. He is a willing listener when I put forward thoughts and ideas about potential treatments, and he certainly allows me input as to what I am comfortable with in terms of tests and treatments. I love his consultative approach. Great doctor.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

Dr Connelly recommended I take a conservative approach and not fix a defect that had been found in my heart , even though he himself said that most reputable medical centres ( including the Mayo Clinic ) choose to fix this type of problem whether it's causing any issues or not. He convinced me that even though my heart was enlarging "slightly" and I was at a "slightly" higher risk of stroke due to this defect , that surgery was an unnecessary risk. Took his advice , and ended up having a stroke , which I believe would have been avoided if he had prescribed a daily blood thinner (baby aspirin) knowing I was at a higher risk. I will always maintain that his recommendation for me to forgo having surgery had more to do with me not meeting certain "criteria" ...... criteria that shouldn't have even been a factor , rather than taking the same course of action that other reputable medical facilities take .... which is , fixing the issue immediately. After having the stroke , I said I wanted the surgery to prevent another , and he still tried to steer me away ! Had the surgery anyway regardless of his opinion and glad that I did. He also mislead me by telling me that if I lived with the defect for the time being and had surgery when I got older , the "acceptable" enlargement of my heart would reverse itself .... After I had the surgery and confirmed that would be the case , he changed his story and said that only ONE side of my heart would return to normal size !

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

doctor connelly is a very good cardiolgist i was very nerves about my 1st doctor apponitment with him but i think he is very nice

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016