Ratings for Dr. Ananda Som

I am a new patient with Dr. Som beginning this year. I have seen him twice so far am I am quite pleased with him and his staff. Everyone is courteous and the wait time is brief. Also, they do blood draw right in the office on a walk-in basis, so it was quite easy for me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Following the death of our long-time primary physician we spent half a year looking for a new physician. Frankly we are hard to please. Our daughter had worked for our primary, he was a personal friend and a brilliant doctor. In our search we discovered just how fortunate we had been and were starting to believe we would have to settle for mediocrity and indifference. And then one day we saw an newspaper ad for Do Som and his credentials were impressive. The next day knowledgeable friends at church told us how delighted they were with their doctor. We asked his name and sure enough it was Ananda Som. We subsequently met him in the office and days later George saw him at hospital. George had permission to walk in the hall for exercise and was not in his room when he ran into Dr Som. After only one visit to the office, he recognized George by name. As they say today, Dr. Som is “the real deal.” Knowledgeable, an excellent communicator, and deeply concerned with the welfare of his patients. And it keeps getting better. We have found good doctors with staffs that were uncaring, even brusque and rude. Dr. Som leads an all star team. When we called to make an appointment, the young lady on the phones was busy (no surprise to me) and promptly got someone else to assist in making our appointment so were not tied up waiting on hold. At the office, Nurse Lori showed George to a room took the vitals and prepared for Dr. Som. Nurse Lori is a delight, excellent technical skills and outstanding dealing with people. If she were our ambassador to the United Nations, it would be a better world. We were surprised and delighted to find a team like this.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

I just had a great experience in Dr Som's office the other day. The all put me at ease and the Dr was great. I will recommend them highly. I will come back to them for all my healthcare needs.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr Som is a great Doctor. He saved my life several times. When he dropped my insurance due his IPA issue I made sure I pick up a plan which he accepts and I'm always a winner. Even the customer service of my insurance companies says he gets a lot of calls from customers to switch to Dr Som. I guess he and his staff are the best in town.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2014

Dr Som is a blessing and such a nice guy and a great and well educated doctor...and his entire staff are some of the best i have ever had the pleasure to care for me.....i am so blessed to have founf him...

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

Dr. Som is extremely intelligent, intuitive, & an excellent diagnostician. I would trust his medical expertise in any health situation, routine or critical. New to the area, I'm fortunate to have found such great physician!

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

There is much confusion in this office. Not run in an organized fashion.Probably due to lack of supervision,low pay,or poor training on the end of the staff. The Dr. also seems confused and overwhelmed. His personality is warm & very nice,but something is wrong here.HE NEEDS A MORE EXPERIENCED STAFF.....

Submitted September 13, 2012

Dr Som has a pleasant bedside manner. He takes the time to listen to you and he is very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

one word great/thats all i can say about him/if anything the time it takes for him to see you can add up/but that is probally just me/been a patient for 6years

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

Great Doctor and Staff . Loved them . Been with this Dr for 7 years and he has always taken care with compassion and Knowledge. If something bothers me he knows if it is the right time for me to know . I trust his judgement . 24 hours coverage . Live real person when you call the office . No extra number to punch to get to the office . Same day appointments available .You will love this group for sure . All my friends and neighbors goes there and love this practice . Dr is knowledgeable .

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Dr. Ananda Som's Credentials

• Maulana Azad Med Coll, Univ Of Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi, India (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Dunedin, FL