Ratings for Dr. Karen Tsin

Dr. Tsin has been my doctor for over 15 years. I agree with most reviews that the wait time can be long sometimes. However, I feel that Karen truly cares about he patients and would rather do more tests to make sure she gives the right diagnosis than to brush off your symptoms. For those who do not like detailed-oriented doctors, please go to another family doctor and not take up the spot.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

She was my family doctor. Most of the revuews were accurate. Not punctual, order a whole bunch of tests all the time, charges lots for photocopying , shots. Worst of all, horrible receptionist who hang up on you and scream at you. Peggy could be the worst receptionist I have cross path with in the GTA area.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Karen Tsin for over fifteen years. Most of the reviews are quite accurate in that the staff can sometimes be very blunt but they don't mean any harm they are just efficient in what they do. As for Dr. Tsin, she is very thorough and patient when it comes to diagnoses. She sends you to see specialists because she is so careful. I'd much rather take the time to follow up with a specialist than have a doctor brush off my symptoms. Afterall, it's my life and my health. No one else will look out for me. As much as she sends patients to do tests etc. keep in mind she also uses her evenings to read every single one returned back to her. She is very careful about double checking results and making notes during appointments and she is surprisingly good at remembering past medical history. With so many patients I don't know how she does it. I think people need to understand how much goes into being a doctor and honestly I wouldn't trade her for anyone else. She's got a long waiting list so if you don't appreciate her, let someone else see her and stop taking up the spot.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

Dr. Tsin's medical knowledge is very poor and she is horrible at following-up. I went for a Pap smear and didn't hear anything about it. I went back the next year for my annual and she rudely asked "Why didn't you come back after your Pap? We didn't get enough sample to test." I told her that I never received a call or any follow-up. She said "I trust that my staff definitely followed up" and was clearly blaming me. Why on earth would I have not come back if I was told there wasn't enough sample? And why was I the one who scheduled my annual check up if they were trying to contact me? Her front desk woman has a horrible attitude and is very unprofessional. All these negative experiences made me want to run far far away.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

I don't know what to say just one work poor.very poorly running practise

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Tsin is lucky that we are in great demand of female physician. I've been with her for years, but all she did was to write up her notes, order unnecessary tests, and refer patient to specialist. Whatever problem I went with, never got resolved with her. The only time she actually wrote me a prescription, it took her whole 5 minutes to write it, all the while referring to a thick reference book - some kind of medical bible I guess. How she managed to get license to practise medicine is beyond me!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Tsin makes an effort to be thorough most of the time, but she lacks compassion and is often unwilling to resolve problems in one appointment, always making you make more and more appointments for all the tiniest stuff. For example, I complained of occasional pains of which meds don't seem to help. She merely says the appointment time is up and dismisses you before anything is resolved... and saying that I should just go to the emergency room if anything. She also doesn't like to give any expertise and always just refers you to a specialist for everything (which appointments take forever). I've resolved to walk-in clinics and changed my primary doctor... this for now seems to work out better and takes less time. She also charges more than other doctors for many things (e.g. photocopying, documents, shots). Overall, she's not very helpful if you have health concerns or want a punctual doctor, but she is thorough if you are willing to make 5+ appointments for something.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

This doctor is extremely thorough, and on my first visit already saved my life. She suspected I had Appendicitis and referred me to the emergency room. The surgeon who performed on me said any later I could have died as it was a severe case of a ruptured appendix. Dr. Tsin is now working on getting me up to optimal health so I can become a mom one day.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

I wonder how she could become a doctor as her knowledge base is so low. Can't even check blood pressure properly. All she knows is to refer patients to others. She is rude and never listens to your complaint as she seemed to have more important things to do, i.e. write up notes. Have seen many incompetent doctors before but this one beats the lot. Orders unnecessary tests and makes unnecessary referrals. Definitely wasting OHIP resources.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

Only allows 1 issue per visit and refers to too many specialists and orders way too many tests for minor reasons. Peggy (rec.) is rude and unhelpful . Karen uses the patient's valuable 15 minutes to read the patient's medical history file and any recent lab reports.usually no available appointment if less than 2 or 3 weeks notification. line always busy.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011