Ratings for Dr. Jan S. Lukac

Do not use Dr Lukac unless you obtain a second opinion. My optometrist advised me 2 years ago that I had the start of cataracts but they wouldn't be 'ripe' for some years. Thought it was time to obtain a surgeons view. Dr Lukac said both eyes were ready for surgery and drew me a picture indicating damage all around both eyes. Advised staff to start the process for removing my lens. I declined saying I wanted a second opinion and he began backing off his original statements. The next surgeon agreed with my optometrist saying they were both still tiny and I wouldn't need surgery for years! He couldn't see any damage yet, the drawing Dr Lukac made was completely wrong. Whole thing very suspect.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I have been a patient since 08/1987 & have had 3 detached retinas, 2 cataracts as well as Glaucoma. I have also had a growth on my right eye....Dr Lukac did surgery or referred me to another specialist as needed. I am VERY well pleased except for the long wait in his office to see him. I highly recommend him to everyone! The wait is well worth it! I have been to both offices several times.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2012

Not recommended! His equipment and furniture looks like it's from 1950. Seriously. Could be used for a movie scene. Chose him randomly from the internet because I needed to see an ophthalmologist quickly due to eye pain. Waited for almost 2 hours and he finally saw me after I was about to leave. Looked at my eyes with his ancient tools and weird breathing and mumbles and said I was fine. He charged the insurance $375 for a 3 minute check-up, and I had to fork out $40. Luckily I have great insurance or I'd raise hell!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Dr. Jan S. Lukac's Credentials

• Czech

• Univ Komenskeho, Lekarska Fak, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia (Grad. 1968)