Ratings for Dr. Yanny Lau

Have been going to Dr Yanny for several years and have had to change doctors as she is not helpful. I had a persistent, severe cough and saw her several times. Each time she told me to keep drinking water and it would go away. I had to go to another doctor who did some tests and found out I had whooping cough. Each time I have visited her she will not explain or go into any detail when asked a question. My consults have only ever been maximum 2 minutes as she is very brief and dismissive and does not bother to perform basic checks.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Although busy, Dr Yanny has been a great family doctor. She has a good memory and you don't need to re-introduce yourself to her every time you're there. Very to the point and practical, but empathetic at the same time. We've moved and still drive all the way back to see her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Staff are friendly, Dr Lau is punctual because no one wants to see her, I believe. She does not help, just hands out papers. Not sure giving a script for antibiotics is good when the doctor has not even checked you need them.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

The receptionist, Sally was great and helpful. Dr Yanny Lau's appointment was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. She got the problem solved after having a blood test and X-Ray report. Strongly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr Lau is the best family doctor. She is always punctual. She listens and explains things well. I don't feel like being rushed in the consultation.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2014

I find her really helpful and understanding and really spend enough time explaining everything in treating my mother with recent diagnosis of cancer.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

Empathic and understanding, calm and has a good bedside manner

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

I have found Doctor Lau to be very helpful in her advice in solving my medical problem with acid reflux which had become a major problem now I'm rather old.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2010

Does not go in detail and explain about symptons the patient experience. On further queries, the doctor gives the same answer and does not seem bother to explain more and gives the impression that the patients need to be 'processed' quickly.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007