Ratings for Dr. Catherine Mancini

This woman is very incompetent. She lacks empathy, she is inconsiderate and has no concept of time. She was always late. She never wanted to listen to anything I had to say. Instead she would try to just rush me out the door. She would always look me up and down and thought she was superior to me. She was constantly annoyed and moody. She never knew what medications to prescribe, instead she would always ask me what dosage I would recommend for myself. She brushed my side effects off like they were nothing, giving me no advice on how to calm them instead moving me up and down on the same medications that were doing nothing to help me. She treats everyone she meets terribly. My parents and I were horrified at her behaviour. The staff that works for her is very unprofessional as well. In the end this woman has no compassion or empathy whatsoever. She views herself as superior to others, and does not care about the patient at all. I urge anybody who is considering her to please rethink your decision. This woman has no idea what she is doing, and cannot help anybody. By far the worst doctor I ever had!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

This Dr. is one of the most compassionate and professional I've ever met. She understood everything I told her and knew exactly what to do to help me through some very difficult times. Thank heavens for people like her.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Very compassionate and competent. Wish I had seen her years ago. Very occasionally late. Excellent staff

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

When I first saw Doctor Mancini in 1987 I had been diagnosed with 12 count then12 different problems. I was anorexic at 85 pounds, suffered from suicidal tendencies, has severe paranoia, severe obsessive compulsive disorder, sever post-traumatic stress to name just 5. On the first day of my appointments with her, which lasted for years, she asked me where I was in my life. I said"I am in a dark room with no light ,no hope and no way of getting out ,except by suicide. She and her nurse worked with me at my speed and helped me to find ways with which I could nullify the awful panic attacks. By the time my sessions with were over and I was transferred to another excellent phychiatrist I was living on my own and I was on the road to recovery. I was one of the first patients to take the original Prozac-and 27 years later I still take it and I am well. I just wanted y'all to know what she like then. I am sure that she is suffering from burn- out. Each of these can have up to or more than 500 patients. Thank Dr Mancini.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

I agree. She can be very moody, rude and careless at times. Maye she’s burnt out, but that’s not the patient’s fault.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Rude, not caring, not knowing, unprofessional Doctor.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Mancini is indecisive, incompetent & continues to be unprofessional & rude on continues basis! I think her bad behavior stems from the fact that she knows she can’t really help anyone. She definitely has changed for a lot worse in the past years!!!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

She is a terrible person and very unprofessional. I agree with all of the previous reviews about her treatment being ineffective. It amazes me that someone who is this rude and incompetent can even be employed at such a facility. She is an insult to anyone who is truely is desperate need of help. For anyone reading this, do not waste your time seeing her as she does not care for her patients as she is clearly overworked, miserable and treats everyone as disposable and unimportant. She is no doubt the worst doctor in hamilton.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

I found Dr Mancini to be very knowledgeable and helpful for my son. All staff was very polite. Dr Mancini asked myself and my husband about putting our son (15 years old 6 ft 2 230lbs) on medication, what our thought are in meds and what we are hoping to accomplish with our sons care. Every member of her team was very caring and thoughtful and always called to follow up. My son also felt very comfortable with her and her staff, where normally he's very shy and timid!!! I would and have referred others to Dr Mancini!!! Thanks to the whole Family Health Team!!!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

Excellent psychiatrist in the area of anxiety and depression. Very experienced, genuinely caring and does not give up. I had excellent results with her. Also follow-up is very good. I would not hesitate in recommending her, especially for difficult / complex cases that have not had good response in initial treatment attempts. N.B. She is actually at St. Joseph's hospital (Charleton / James St.) not McMaster as the listing says.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013