Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Soter

Excellent doctor. Very knowledgeable. He knows his field very well and that's why he doesn't need to spend tons of time diagnosing and treating. I came from a dermatologist who spent lots of time with me but did not know how to treat my condition . He should not be judged as other reviews have by the amount of time he spends. He is sharp and knowledge. He is the only one who knew about my rare disorder that no one else could treat.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Waited several months to get an appointment. Paid $400+ for him to spend 5 minutes in the room and tell me to take more antihistamines. Complete waste of money. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Only doctor you can see to get phototherapy treatment at NYU. Exam is less than 2 minutes long, and consists of 2 questions. Examines patients from 3 feet away. TERRIBLE DOCTOR. He should retire already.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2015

Obviously an informed,kind and superb doctor. focussed and eminent. I liked him very much indeed. from Jean Rosenthal+

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Soter for 5 years. He correctly diagnosed me when 6 other doctors failed. Dr. Soter figured it out and placed me on medication and my life has changed for the better. He gave me my life back!! He has always been prompt with appointments, kind & compassionate. He gives me whatever time I need and answers all of my questions. If I have questions after I leave I just called the office and speak with his nurse and she speaks with him for me. Dr. Soter is very busy and only has three half day a week office hours. The rest of the time he is head of Dermatology for Langone, a profession and a researcher. His reputation is impeccable. I cannot understand such bad reviews but I'm not going to figure it out. All I know is I feel he is one of the brightest and best doctors in the country.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

July was my first and last visit to him. His examination took less than 3 minutes and his lack of interest was profound. He had a resident trailing him who looked confused as they left. Perhaps it was Soter's lack of professionalism. Not a way to train new doctors.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

This doctor simply does not care about patients. He lacks social intelligence, empathy, and an ability to effectively listen to the symptom presentation and needs of the person sitting in front of him. He literally spent two minutes with me and suggested that I try over-the-counter medications that I had previously tried and failed to listen when I told him clearly that they were unhelpful. He literally walked out of the consultation room while I was in the middle of a sentence.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

$400 for a short consultation! Prescribed over-the-counter medicine that, in my opinion, had nothing to do with my condition. Got billed for a blood test from a lab although I had no blood test. I decided not to return for a second visit. Called his office several times getting the promise of a return call, with no result. Wrote a letter to him about the blood test and finally got a call from Dr. Soter. He seemed unwilling to discuss the blood test. Kept asking me over and over how I felt, in spite me telling him that the call was not about how I felt, but why I got a bill from the lab. Could it be that he (or his staff) sent someone else's specimen to the lab under my name. I expected an apology, or explanation. A generally wierd telephone conversation. He seemed out of touch.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr Sotor saw me 3x. He's counting days until retirement. Complex and challenging derma issues annoy him and interrupt his afternoon tea breaks. FAIL.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2011

Dr. Nicholas Soter's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1965)