Ratings for Dr. Richard Mizuguchi

I've meet Dr Mizuguchi and scheduled a follow up. The day of my appointement I was sick and had to call and reschedule. They called me back and left a message to say the appointment could not work and to call back to reschedule or to go at the appointment I had that day. I had stomach flu, that wasn't an option. I called her back, she said she would have to check for an other availability. She called me and left a message to tell me it would be at X date WITHOUT checking if i was available. When I called her back to say I was traveling that week, she said it was the third time I CANCELLED or NOT SHOW UP I would need to do a deposit to book my next appointment !!!!!! I try very hard to stay polite event if I considered her tone and manners very inappropriate. I gently ask to speak to the Dr. She said he will call me back. She called back and said the doctor would reschedule without deposit. I had no intention to book any appointment. I wanted Dr Mizuguchi to know how BAD his staff his!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Laughed and said "oh I know why you're here" before he even crossed the threshold of the door. Barely even looked at my skin. I guess my acne was just that terrible and visible. Immediately began writing me prescriptions without any discussion or examination. I had to ask if it was for benzoyl peroxide, which I have terrible reactions to. That's exactly what the prescription was for and when I said my skin couldn't tolerate it, he sighed and said something about me having to be difficult. I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but the whole experience left me feeling pretty terrible and like I couldn't even discuss my concerns with him.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

Very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain current and future medical options.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

This is the first (and hopefully last) dermatologist I will encounter that doesn't feel the need to look at my skin. I couldn't believe it when I was told to go home and take pictures of my own back and to come back if I see changes. Next time, I guess I'll pay myself for this so-called medical help.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2010

Dr. Mizuguchi was kind, helpful, and caring.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2010

Dr. Richard Mizuguchi's Credentials

• Greek

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1995)

Ameritas