Ratings for Dr. Julie A. Gilbertson

Not just a MD but a caring and smart woman. Staff is great and friendly. Dr. Is complete and concerned and follow ups with phone calls. Consider her a friend also.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

You would hardpressed to find a better doctor then Dr. Gilbertson. I hope I never have to look for another doctor again. She really takes the time and asked all the right questions when trying to make a diagnosis. The most compassionate doctor I have ever known. And unfortunately, I've known many!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

I wish all doctors were as kind and caring as Dr. Gilbertson. I can't say enough about her. Anyone who takes her as their doctor will be very pleased and always well taken care of.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2010

The front desk staff was very friendly and Dr. G was helpful and kind!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2010

I would never go back to see this doctor. I went in for severe back pain, and she was more interested in pushing drugs than finding out why I was in pain. When I told her that I wanted to treat the problem and not just the symptom, she said, "Well this is what we do. We just treat the symptom." I was absolutely floored. She also kept trying to push prescription strength Ibuprofen on me despite me telling her that even over-the-counter strength upsets my stomach to the point of being debilitating. She is also trying to push the HPV vaccine and a pap smear, even though I am a virgin and both are unnecessary. She doesn't listen. When I told her that I take 800 mg of a medicine, she later said, "oh, I heard you say 200." What? 800 sounds nothing like 200. On top of that, she insulted my primary care physician, and had the attitude of, "he doesn't know what he's talking about." I only went to her because my insurance changed, but I'm looking for another doctor. I won't go back to her.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I had a terrible experience with Dr. Gilbertson. Whenever I made an appointment I would see her medical assistant, not her. I had a MRSA and it took her and her assistant 4 visits for them to finally take a culture. I had to ask them to do it on top of that. I now have terrible scars and have to pay out of pocket to have them removed. She told me it was a spider bite. After a month of the MRSA going untreated another sore started next to the first one. I no longer go to Dr. Gilbertson! She showed no concern when I saw her.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2009

Dr. Julie Gilbertson is the BEST. She really does care about her patients and really listens to you. The staff could be better but that does not reflect on her. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2008

Dr. Gilbertson is one of the sweetest, compassionate primary care physicians I've had. Her staff could be a little more cordial, but that's not a reflection of her bedside manner.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2007

Dr. Gilberston is a breath of fesh air. She is one of those incredible doctors that actually listens to patients. She also remembers me and is interested in all aspects of my life not just my presenting discomfort.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2007

Dr. Julie A. Gilbertson's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Mount Prospect, IL