Ratings for Dr. Joe D. McClinton

Dr. McClinton has been my gyn. doctor since I moved to Montgomery in 1993. He is the most excellent, caring doctor I have ever known. He has performed 2 surgeries on me and is the only doctor who has ever prayed with me before a surgery. I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Joe D. McClinton!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2018

Dr. McClinton is a very professional, caring Christian doctor. It means so much when a doctor ask, " do you mind if I pray for you" before a surgical procedure. God Bless you, Dr. McClinton.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Dr. Mcclinton is the most careing professional man I know. He has always asked if I need anything and has always prayed for me after an appointment or before surgery. I wish ALL doctors were as careing as him. He lives his Christianity and his staff is just as wonderful as he is.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

He is a wonderful Dr. Takes the time to answer any questions that you may have and most importantly understandable. A great staff who is very patient with you.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I have been a patient for about 25 years. He is an excellent doctor. He always takes the time to answer my questions, whether it be OBGYN or not.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr McClinton has been my gynecologist for almost 30 years. In fact he is the only gynecologist I have ever had. He has been both but kind, caring, and good ro me through some of my darkest hours. I am grateful to have him and his staff. With this said, I need to make an appointment :)

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

He is most caring doctor I have ever had.. He is so sweet very professional doctor..I love him so much..

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I had gone to this doctor for several years with no problems, but the last time I went to him, he was in a very bad mood. He was angry that his partner was out and he had to see/take care of her patients. I was waiting for a room in the area after the waiting room and I heard him tell a nurse that one of his partner's patients definitely needs to stay on her psychotropic medications post surgery because if she didn't she would be crazier than what she already was. He even said her name which is against confidentiality. Well, it was my turn. We had our visit, then he started talking about my weight, which I did not mind at first, because I was wanting his input. I was telling him that I have been continuing to cut back calories and fat, but nothing was happening. At the time I was eating 1,000 calorie/day and 10 grams of fat. He looked at me and asked me if I had ever seen an overweight person come out of a concentration camp from the Holocaust. You just wouldn't believe how shocked and flabbergasted I was when he said that. He answered himself by saying he never did. At this point in time , he offered me Xenical which would cut out 10% of your fat from your diet with loose stools, so I did the math and explained to him that at 10 grams of fat each day, that would take it down to 9 grams each day which I could do without the help of Xenical. Needless to say, I never went back to him and feel very disappointed in him as a human being.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

He is a GREAT Godly man who was always caring and helpful. After I went to a bad doctor who almost killed me by ignoring my symptoms of tubal pregnancy, I was very scared and hurt, Dr. McClinton answered any questions I had and prayed with me. Two years later, I am pregnant again and he did everything possible to make sure everything was okay and the pregnancy was not tubal. I'm just sad that he no longer does pregnancies. :'(

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I love this man! He loves God. He is an EXCELLENT doctor. He has compassion, he is knowledgeable, he is thorough, takes time with his patients, he is comforting. He truly puts God first. A good christian man who recognizes God in his practice.His staff is AWESOME. Dr. McClinton is a praying physician. I trust Dr. McClinton with my health. May God continue to bless him and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

Dr. Joe D. McClinton's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)