Dr. David Jayakar

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David Jayakar

I rated Dr. Jayakar 4 1/2 years ago and wanted to follow up on my review because I am so grateful for Dr. Jayakar! Dr. Jayakar, with God's help, saved my life, and I am still doing really well! Dr. Jayakar met with me the day I found out I needed surgery (Friday), and his nurse called on Monday and scheduled the surgery for Wednesday. Right after he started the surgery my aneurysm burst and I coded. Even with all of that, and a stroke two days later, I was only in the hospital 10 days and back at work in 6 weeks! Prior to meeting with Dr. Jayakar, my husband and I were frantically calling Dallas, Houston and Shreveport to find the best surgeon. No one would even do a pre-op visit sooner than two or three weeks from then - which would have been too late. After meeting with Dr. Jayakar, looking him up on the computer and my cardiologist telling me that Dr. Jayakar was "THE best", I felt very at peace that I was exactly where I needed to be! I am so grateful that Dr. Jayakar moved to East Texas - he is truly a gift from God, and it is a miracle that I am here today!!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2019

Dr Jayakar preformed my triple bypass, my progress was excellent and was discharged from the hospital in 4 days and back to work in two weeks. He did the beating heart procedure and that spared me a longer recovery. I would highly recommend Dr Jayakar, Dr Leatherman and the cardiac team at Longview Regional Medical Center.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Dr. Jayakar is a wonderful caring physician. I have recovered remarkably well. Honestly I never suffered any pain from my heart surgery; only some discomfort with my arm where they had to harvest a vein (I believe). I was the patient in the recovery room who told them to take me back to surgery because I had no pain so I thought I hadn't had surgery. I would like to have seen Dr. Jayakar more often in the hospital but was told I didn't see him very much because I was doing so well which was a good reason not to see him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

Has been a blessing to East Texas. So many of us stay here now for heart surgery.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

An excellent experience all round. The doctor, and his staff, were very informative throughout the bypass process.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Excellent Surgeon, great bedside manners and with a great staff. The best in any cardiac surgery. Speaking to the staff they all recommend him as the best.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Best heart surgeon in East Texas. Really knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

he may be a good surgion but his bed side matters are not good. If you have an office visit follow up he does not give you time of day. He does his surgery and is done with you.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. David Jayakar

Dr. David Jayakar's response
I do apologize for not being there for you. The only time this happens is if there is an emergency at the time that needs my attention. Once again, my apologies and hope to make it up to you on a followup visit. Sincerely, DJ.

Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr j is more than a dr. I feel he his my brother. He has saved my life and a blessing to have I can call him anytime and he is always there as well as his staff!! He is a christain man and it carries with him. He is always a Radiant of sunshine. He had to replace my heart valve after 11 months of replacing it with a human donor valve and did an amazing job was with me the whole time checking up on me I would highly recommend this wonderful doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr.David JAYAKAR saved my life too! Miracle Day started on May 21, 2014, when over the next 24 hours, Dr. Jayakar repaired 5 1/2 inches of ascending aorta and replaced my aortic valve with a cow valve. While in cardio ICU, I went Code Blue. Here is where his selected Code Blue Team came into action----All were super. Dr. Jayakar performed a Triple bypass and back to Cardio ICU. The next morning a leak was detected and Dr. Jayakar went back in and fixed it.Dr. David Jayakar is a Christain and he carries his Faith into the operation room.When you meet him you will see that he radiates confidence. To truthfully rate Dr. Jayakar, we need more stars than just Five, many more. Thank you, Dr. Jayakar

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. David Jayakar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. DJ and his team are proud of their history of innovative techniques, tradition of quality patient care and unparalleled experience in heart bypass and valve surgery. Whether you are a patient, family member or medical professional, we want you to benefit from their knowledge and work. They specialize on: Beating heart surgery or off-pump surgery (OPCABG), Minimally invasive heart surgery, Aortic valve surgery, Mitral valve repair, Pacemakers, Heart Failure surgery, Heart Reconstruction surgery, Vascular surgery, Thoracic surgery, Minimally invasive lung surgery and Esophageal surgery.

• English

• University of Arizona (Grad. 1999)
  • State University Of New York (Grad. 1997)
  • Madras Medical College (Grad. 1985)

• Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
  • Abdominal aortic aneurysm
  • Mitral valve stenosis
  • Mitral valve prolapse
  • Mitral valve regurgitation
  • Arteriovenous fistula

• Please visit www.newsurgery.net for further award list, publications and research
  • Valedictory Award, Surgery, 1991
  • Valedictory Award, 1989
  • Johnstone Gold Medal, 1987
  • Cardiovascular Care named top 50 in the nation by Truven Health Analytics 2017, 2018, 2019

Top Urgent Care Centers in Longview, TX