Ratings for Dr. Jean Mellors

i just want to know if anyone knows where there files have been transfered to? was told we would get a call from the nurse in september for retesting at her new office. no calls yet.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr.Mellors has recently retired after helping so many patients over the past 46 years. She was a fantastic doctor and it is too bad that some patients were not able to see this. I wish her all the best on her retirement.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Horrible - stay away from this doc. Hardly saw her during appointment and she provided minimal comments about my allergies. Now that I can compare her to another doc, it is apparent that she is just in it for the money. She is not thorough at all and wants you to come back twice (and pay twice) for the same services provided by other docs. She told me to quit eating two types of food and to "see what happens", while the second doc I saw said I have no food allergies worth mentioning. Her office is disorganized and she has no interest in talking to you in detail about anything. Avoid, avoid, avoid!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

This doctor may have been good at one time, but she is getting old and is experiencing serious cognitive difficulties. She had another patients chart she was comparing my results with. When I pointed it out she got my chart, wrote down the results, decided it was too messy and got a new sheet and copied down the results and then compared them with the sheet she had just copied them from and told me there was no change since the last time I was there. I had to explain to her that I had not been tested before and that she was comparing the results she had just transferred to another sheet. She also went over and over my arms repeating herself like she wasn't sure she could remember long enough to write them down. It is time for her to retire.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2011

I have been dealing with my son's allergies for 2 years now( he is 3) and I find that I have got no were with Dr. Mellors. He has been tested numerous time's due to the fact that he has so many allergies. Wheat, nut's, milk, soy on and on. All she did was well nothing! Her nurse ( a very nice women) did all the testing, as said before by other raters she get's quite angry with your little one if not sitting still enough to read the results on his back, or if he is just crying. sorry my 3 year old just went through hell! Also she give's not advice, other than don't feed him what he's allergic to. I was expecting some pamphlets or phone numbers...to help me understand these allergies. Instead I found out the hard way, he tested positive to peanuts, but no one told me not to eat them and kiss him (I thought that was a myth) well it's not! he turned blue and could not breath! I will not go back to her, I am waiting for a referal to ACH for a pediatric allergist. I recommend you do the same

flag | Submitted October 13, 2010

although i found the doctor and staff plesant enough, i did not receive the testing i needed. my biggest food allergies (according to my own observations when i eat certain foods) are sulphites (from wine and processed meat) and MSG. halfway through thte testing the nurse told me that they no longer test for either of those items but she wasn't sure why. it seems rediculous to me that she didn;t test for common food additives. although i was told to avoid mixed flour, which has been somewhat helpful, i continue to react to certain foods that she didn't test for so continue to conduct my own experiments.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Very helpful and competent - went through a series of treatments for an allergy and was extremely pleased. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

She is a general practice doctor. She is not a specialist!!! Check with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. Unfortunately the doctors in this province are allowed to hang a shingle claiming specialty in an area when they have not done the advanced training. This woman is only interested in money. When a doctor will only use skin testing and refuses to do RAST testing for allergens that are known to be life threatening such as nuts is putting patients at risk. To me this shows the level of greed as she can charge for skin testing materials but RAST testing is free under Alberta Health Care.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I took my 3-year-old for allergy testing and was quite dissatisfied. I was basically told that she had a number of allergies (or intolerances), although she has eaten most of those foods with no problems. I felt the testing was not at all conclusive and Dr. Mellors had to consult the nurse to determine what was even being tested. I also did not find Dr. Mellors to be very competent with children. She complained that my 3-year-old, who had just had her back all scratched up, was not sitting still enough for her to read the testing; yet, she would not get off her chair to actually make it easier to read. I will be looking for another allergist to get a second opinion because I do not even feel confident with the results that I received.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2009

We have just returned from a visit with Dr Mellors and she was very good. She had some great advice for dealing with my son's allergies and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2008