Ratings for Dr. Paul Swingle

So hard to describe. My young husband had dementia and they treated him for stress.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I believe neurotherapy overall has fantastic potential, and the Swingle Clinic has something to offer some people. As well, I believe that they are doing valuable research in this field. I wish I could say I found the Swingle Clinic helped me or was truly worth the fees they are charging. It wasn’t, but I’m glad to read that that their therapy seems to help some others. I had spent 100s of dollars and many hours (and being told I needed to come in for another round of approx. 12 sessions, even though the original quote was for approx. only 8-10 sessions), until I finally ‘got it’ that there were no significant measurable results and I didn’t have the money to waste on this experiment. Also, I did not like how there was no professional follow-up by email or phone to see how I—as a client—was doing after nearly a year of not returning to continue the treatments. While I’ve no doubt the clinicians are very busy, that personal touch (if it’s genuinely caring) does make a difference.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
We are really sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at our Clinic or that you did not receive a call from us. We are committed to follow up with all clients that stop treatment and we are very sorry you did not hear from us. We want to assure you we are never too busy for our clients, and we really want to make it up to you. If you wish to contact Joanna, the Clinic's manager, we would love to speak with you about what we can do for you. You may reach her by phone or email at 604-608-0444 or admin@swingleclinic.com.Thank you for your honest feedback. We really appreciate it and we look forward to become even better at providing the best experience possible to our valued clients. Sincerely, the Swingle Clinic

Submitted July 9, 2015

We are so grateful for Dr. Swingle and his staff! Our experience has been nothing but positive. The front desk staff is very friendly, compassionate and knowledgeable. The technicians are efficient and make you feel at ease. Dr. Swingle and Dr. Doleschneider show great compassion while offering concise information and thought out direction.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I would like to invite Dr. Swingle's staff to list the places that show Dr. Swingle and his methods to be scientifically proven to be effective. None of the articles written by him are published. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Hello and thank you for your valid comment. To access the scientific information on the field of Neurotherapy we suggest that you go to the ISNR website (www.isnr.org) and access the bibliography prepared by Dr. Hammond. This is a very useful resource, organized by diagnostic category. Alternatively, you can access the National Institutes of Health website and search Neurofeedback, EEG Biofeedback, and Neurotherapy which will access over 1000 references. Dr. Swingle’s particular Neurotherapy methods can be studied by accessing his publications, but most efficiently from his books “Biofeedback for the Brain” Rutgers University Press (available online at http://www.soundhealthproducts.com/collections/books); and soon to be published (Spring 2015) “When the ADHD Diagnosis is Wrong…”, Praeger Press; and “Adding Neurotherapy to Your Practice”. The articles you refer to are those made available in our waiting room and on our website for clients. They are for client information and are not reprints of Dr. Swingle’s scientific publications which, again, can be accessed as described above. Thank you for pointing out that our waiting room/website informational articles may need to be augmented with directions for accessing the scientific articles.

Submitted February 13, 2015

My significant other had a traumatic brain injury, after a MVA, where her chev Silverado was thrown forty feet and turned 180 degrees. Her head took out the window. She saw dr. Swingle, and was treated by Michael Mariano to manage her tech appointments. She had thirty treatments, and because we travelled for this care it was over 11 thousand dollars out of pocket. ICBC, does not pay for this treatment. The neurologists seem frightened by it. Non-medical management. The lawyers also try to discredit Dr. Swingle. but.. what price is your health. I got my wife back. She was literally stunned, and for the better part of a year was non-functioning. Thank-you...Dr. Swingle. It would be nice to have the case references where you appeared in court. I am sure you did as an expert witness, but apparently they can't find you. in any event. You would take your significant other on a vacation for this money. So, go next year. Get healthy!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for sharing our experience! This is why we do what we do! If you would like to stay in touch and receive information please email reception@swingleclinic.com.

Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Swingle and, particularly, Michael Mariano, one of his team, have been invaluable to us and our son. He was diagnosed with ASD when he was 9 and we found Dr. Swingle when our son was 10. It was like our son was gradually awakening to the subtleties of life around him. We live about two hours drive away, so we didn't go every week, but I would say that we noticed a difference within weeks and a complete change in his abilities in school within months i.e. attention, handwriting, motivation, etc. Since the treatments are non invasive and don't involve medication, and the my son didn't mind going at all, why not give the clinic a try? You can really only gain in brain function and that's hard to put a price on. Our son is 18 now and learning to drive, graduating from high school in a regular distance ed program and probably couldn't get an ASD diagnosis today from an expert.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for your rating! Our mission is to provide the best client care we can. We are grateful to hear we were able to help your son. Congratulations on his graduation! Please do not hesitate to contact us should there be anything we can do for you or your family.

Submitted October 23, 2014

the site claims to provide two different treatments yet they refuse to answer my simple question regarding the differences. seems very shady.

Submitted October 8, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Hello, I am very sorry to hear you did not receive a satisfactory answer. I would love to personally answer your question. I am the Operations Manager and you can reach me at angie@swingleclinic.com or at 604.608.0444

Submitted October 23, 2014

Wonderful improvement in my 8 year old son. Academic levels up greatly, teacher is pleased with behaviour, needs to reduce stress and anxieties but has made great progress. Very pleased with the results. Staff seems professional. ,

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear we were able to help your son improve his academic levels.

Submitted October 23, 2014

It seems to be one of those modalities that work for some but not for others. I went there to deal with anxiety issues. Reception staff was hit and miss for friendliness and efficiency. Multiple billing errors. The psychologist I saw used a lot of EMDR (waving hands in front of eyes while you recall memories) again, very hit and miss. Much of the follow up research on this mode of therapy (EMDR) has not been overly promising. There are common brain EEG patterns for depression anxiety OCD etc and they try to repattern using computer software playing audio through headphones. Software at Swingle Clinic is VERY old and computers look like they were made in 1995. Went to Valentus Clinic in Victoria and had much better result - better receptionists, up to date psychologist and new computers and software. If I had a choice I would go with the newer technology, no question. Valentus is not available in Vancouver as yet as far as I know. I know that the Swingle office did little for me...

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Paul Swingle and his team are worth every penny, my memory was going, and it is now fully restored ( I am aged over 65)

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013