Ratings for Dr. Paul Swingle

I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Swingle twice, not as in two visits - two rounds of treatment. I can't recall how many times I came in nor how many times I had treatments, however, the result has been nothing short of a miracle in my life. I am sure Dr. Swingle is unaware of how I feel, but I continue to talk about him and the effect he and his treatment has had on my life and my family. I can not say enough about him. I do recall wondering what all the treatments were for and how this could possibly help me - but I continued and I have to tell you that the effects have been long lasting and amazing.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

I note a pattern to the reviews. I've only begun seeing Dr Swingle so I am not going to comment on my treatment. But I note that everyone who had their child treated gave very positive rating, most of those who had kept up their treatments to the end gave positive reviews, while most of those who quit after a few treatments gave poor reviews. Overall this indicates Swingle's treatments are robust. So it makes sense that children's growing brain will be much more responsive to treatment. Older patients should lesson their expectation in proportion to their ages and expect longer treatment periods, Negative reviews may be more reflective of the mindset of patients who have not been patient enough to persist. Then again, people differ and some may not respond to the treatments.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Avoid wasting your time and money going to this clinic, after 5 treatments, they were not able to answer my simple question from day one. Just pushing to continue and doing the nonsense treatments. The Technicians have unprofessional and have no idea what is going on and just recording same data over and over.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I went to the clinic because l've been experiencing multiple symptoms, e.g. constant fatigue, lack of sleep and focus, muscles strain...etc. The initial consultation costs $200. After I finished the brain wave scan, l met with a doctor (not Swingle). She explained the report very carefully and in great details. What she failed (or had no idea how) to do was confirming or eliminating any diagnosis! At one point I shared what l believe might be the problem. She kinda agreed with whatever l said, but again, without any confirmation. Finally, she recommended 20 sessions minimum, because "biofeedback could be good for anybody"! I was amazed that l need that many sessions even though my brain is way above "very good" in terms of functionality according to the report. It seems they want to get the money whether or not it's needed and in absence of any diagnosis. Not going back there. I wasn't impressed of how old the equipment are!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

So hard to describe. My young husband had dementia and they treated him for stress.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I believe neurotherapy overall has fantastic potential, and the Swingle Clinic has something to offer some people. As well, I believe that they are doing valuable research in this field. I wish I could say I found the Swingle Clinic helped me or was truly worth the fees they are charging. It wasn’t, but I’m glad to read that that their therapy seems to help some others. I had spent 100s of dollars and many hours (and being told I needed to come in for another round of approx. 12 sessions, even though the original quote was for approx. only 8-10 sessions), until I finally ‘got it’ that there were no significant measurable results and I didn’t have the money to waste on this experiment. Also, I did not like how there was no professional follow-up by email or phone to see how I—as a client—was doing after nearly a year of not returning to continue the treatments. While I’ve no doubt the clinicians are very busy, that personal touch (if it’s genuinely caring) does make a difference.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
We are really sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience at our Clinic or that you did not receive a call from us. We are committed to follow up with all clients that stop treatment and we are very sorry you did not hear from us. We want to assure you we are never too busy for our clients, and we really want to make it up to you. If you wish to contact Joanna, the Clinic's manager, we would love to speak with you about what we can do for you. You may reach her by phone or email at 604-608-0444 or admin@swingleclinic.com.Thank you for your honest feedback. We really appreciate it and we look forward to become even better at providing the best experience possible to our valued clients. Sincerely, the Swingle Clinic

Submitted July 9, 2015

We are so grateful for Dr. Swingle and his staff! Our experience has been nothing but positive. The front desk staff is very friendly, compassionate and knowledgeable. The technicians are efficient and make you feel at ease. Dr. Swingle and Dr. Doleschneider show great compassion while offering concise information and thought out direction.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I would like to invite Dr. Swingle's staff to list the places that show Dr. Swingle and his methods to be scientifically proven to be effective. None of the articles written by him are published. Thank you.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Hello and thank you for your valid comment. To access the scientific information on the field of Neurotherapy we suggest that you go to the ISNR website (www.isnr.org) and access the bibliography prepared by Dr. Hammond. This is a very useful resource, organized by diagnostic category. Alternatively, you can access the National Institutes of Health website and search Neurofeedback, EEG Biofeedback, and Neurotherapy which will access over 1000 references. Dr. Swingle’s particular Neurotherapy methods can be studied by accessing his publications, but most efficiently from his books “Biofeedback for the Brain” Rutgers University Press (available online at http://www.soundhealthproducts.com/collections/books); and soon to be published (Spring 2015) “When the ADHD Diagnosis is Wrong…”, Praeger Press; and “Adding Neurotherapy to Your Practice”. The articles you refer to are those made available in our waiting room and on our website for clients. They are for client information and are not reprints of Dr. Swingle’s scientific publications which, again, can be accessed as described above. Thank you for pointing out that our waiting room/website informational articles may need to be augmented with directions for accessing the scientific articles.

Submitted February 13, 2015

My significant other had a traumatic brain injury, after a MVA, where her chev Silverado was thrown forty feet and turned 180 degrees. Her head took out the window. She saw dr. Swingle, and was treated by Michael Mariano to manage her tech appointments. She had thirty treatments, and because we travelled for this care it was over 11 thousand dollars out of pocket. ICBC, does not pay for this treatment. The neurologists seem frightened by it. Non-medical management. The lawyers also try to discredit Dr. Swingle. but.. what price is your health. I got my wife back. She was literally stunned, and for the better part of a year was non-functioning. Thank-you...Dr. Swingle. It would be nice to have the case references where you appeared in court. I am sure you did as an expert witness, but apparently they can't find you. in any event. You would take your significant other on a vacation for this money. So, go next year. Get healthy!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for sharing our experience! This is why we do what we do! If you would like to stay in touch and receive information please email reception@swingleclinic.com.

Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Swingle and, particularly, Michael Mariano, one of his team, have been invaluable to us and our son. He was diagnosed with ASD when he was 9 and we found Dr. Swingle when our son was 10. It was like our son was gradually awakening to the subtleties of life around him. We live about two hours drive away, so we didn't go every week, but I would say that we noticed a difference within weeks and a complete change in his abilities in school within months i.e. attention, handwriting, motivation, etc. Since the treatments are non invasive and don't involve medication, and the my son didn't mind going at all, why not give the clinic a try? You can really only gain in brain function and that's hard to put a price on. Our son is 18 now and learning to drive, graduating from high school in a regular distance ed program and probably couldn't get an ASD diagnosis today from an expert.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Paul Swingle's response
Thank you for your rating! Our mission is to provide the best client care we can. We are grateful to hear we were able to help your son. Congratulations on his graduation! Please do not hesitate to contact us should there be anything we can do for you or your family.

Submitted October 23, 2014