Ratings for Dr. Dawn I. Greenwald

I am terribly upset. I went several years ago to see her about a scar on my face that was new. She said it was a scar - no big deal. I pushed her on it and said I never had anything like that before. But, I have kept a watch. Now, 3 years or so later, I find out that I have a 5 year old basal cell cancer. I can not express how upset I am.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

My son and I went to her to have all of our moles checked and I had 1 that needed removed from my side and a spot on my face that she decided she wanted to remove. The mole on my side she put a shot in to numb and didn't wait not even 5 minutes to start sawing on it, it was so painful!!! And the place on my face same deal I was mortified then she called me later to tell me she sent it off for a biopsy and it was squamous cell and wanted me to go to a Mohs surgeon then I tried to call back to get my information and to answer a few questions and she never returned my call now the spot is coming back and I'm quite scared..... I won't be going back to her and the moles and freckles she didn't even check and she said they were fine.... Very disappointed .....

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Awful doctor. She was rude and is inaccurate in her diagnosis.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

The earlier comments sound like they have been written about an entirely different physician than the Dr. Greenwald I know. I observed Dr. Greenwald a number of years ago when I drove an elderly friend to an appointment. I really liked Dr. G., liked how friendly and kind she was with my friend, whom she saw regularly for treatment of pre-cancerous lesions. So I began going to Dr. Greenwald after I had a basal cell cancer removed. I find her knowledgeable, caring, and reassuring.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2013

While Dr. Greenwald may have many years of experience, we found her to be abrupt, unfriendly, and insensitive. I would not go to her again.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

Had an appointment but waited over an hour to see the doctor. During the I got to hear less than friendly office staff 'chatter'. I was already 20 minutes late for my appointment but the doctor made 10 minutes to see the drug rep who walked right in.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

I went to this dr. at the advice of my transplant dr. My transplant was failing & as a result was itching/bruising. She told me to go sit in a tanning bed & prescriped some cream. The cream made the itching worse. Made f/u appt. for a month. In meantime, had itching in scalp & underarms, called office. MD was out of town & another dr. called in another rx. It worked. Came back month later & she yelled at me about someone else in her office ordering rxs while she was out of the country. She left the room while I was still in a paper gown & never returned. I asked office staff if my visit was over. The staff was quiet but I did hear one of them on the phone with my pharmacy asking who called in the rxs for me which I thought was very unprofessional. I received a bill & told them I wasn't paying for a rude md who never examined me. She told me there was an office note but it was everything I told her; platelets dropped which causes severe itching and bruising. Never go to her!

flag | Submitted June 23, 2010

I went to Dr. Greenwald 3 years ago because I had seen another Dr in the office that had left the practice. I assumed I would be getting superior service based on the other doc; was I misled! Going in for acne, instead Dr. Greenwald removed two of my moles that my previous Dr said were fine. Since she did such a horrible job removing them, she sent me on a referral to plastic surgeon to fix the job that she did. I had to go twice to get the holes fixed. With 4 months before my wedding, I was horrified of what the scars would look like. Luckily I could hide them under my hair. I have been horrified to go to a dermatologist since.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

I am pleased to have the opportunity to share my experience with Dr. Dawn Greenwald. I waited 9 months for an appointment. Her approach was brusque and impertinent. She was impossibly rude and condescending. I was stunned into silence by her abrupt manner, and when I did find my voice, I suggested that perhaps we had misunderstood one another and should begin again - to which she repeated that I make a selection of cream to use and be done with it, she would see me in a month. I left, upset, angry, insulted and certain I would never return. Dr. Greenwald should be reported to the American Medical Association. Unprofessional, unkind, appalling behavior!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

Dr. Dawn I. Greenwald's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1979)