Ratings for Dr. Kent L. Wellish

No wonder insurance is so high this doctor orders every test and also charges and charges beyond what insurance pays for. Keep looking waited 3 and one half hours for two minutes with the doctor

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Kent Wellish may be a good surgeon, I don't know and will never know. When I pay someone (doctor, lawyer, dentist, attorney,..whoever) they are now working for me. I spent about $1500 to $1600 on Wellish's taughted dry eye procedure. Which I'm sure every patient gets. Then the fun starts. The appointment for my cataracts and stigmatisms was the eye opener (no pun intended). The waiting rooms (he has 2 of them) were both full. I waited for an hour and got up just as another patient was going Postal about him waiting 2 hours and not being seen. So I left a note saying that if he too busy to do business with me, then maybe I should do business elsewhere and if he can't manage his time, and his time is managing him. Well maybe it's time for me to find someone else. I left and called my insurance and told them not to pay for a visit I did not receive. Do some on line research, as I am now, before you decide on an Opthalmologist.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Everyone says he is the leader but you go in and you wait and wait. You have every test they can possibly do on you and your insurance is used over and over. Then when it comes time to schedule your cataract they try to talk you into something that is much better than medicare will pay for so you listen and they sell you. Then you get the surgery and wonder why it is not good and Dr. Wellish says he does all these tests and even though the insurance says they are part of your exam he somehow charges you for them in the "super" surgery price. Bait and switch.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Save your time and money. This guy is only interested in the cataract surgery piece. He calls it "co-manage", which means you see an optometrist when you think you hired Wellish. You will not "see" him after for your surgery and he is never respectful of your time. Minimum wait time was 45 minutes. Last appt I booked, he was over an hour late without explanation and that was the last straw. About two months after his no-show for my appointment, I received a call from his sales guy saying "Dr. Wellish wanted me to ask how you are doing". Unbelievable! ophtalmologist;, technicians or he refers you to his colleagues, which increases the cost. I was referred to Wellish by my regular eye doctor because my case was complicated. What a waste of a year of agony and still had to find to a new ophthalmologist who finally takes direct care with his patients and could correct Wellish's work. Shop around and don't accept any referral without thoroughly checking out Wellish Eye Institute and who will be taking care of your vision.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

My experience with Dr. Wellish and his staff was nothing short of amazing. From the day I met for my consultation to the after surgery follow up appointments the staff and Dr. Wellish were as friendly as can be. Working in the customer service industry, I wish my staff were as nice and caring as Dr. Wellish and his staff are. When visiting Dr. Wellish's office I was always greeted with a hello and a smile and never had to wait longer than 5 minutes before being called to the back. Each and every employee I met was very helpful and kind. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Wellish to anyone considering LASIK.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

What an amazing experience! I have worn glasses for over 25 years and have wanted to have LASIK but have been terrified! Dr. Wellish is the only LASIK surgeon my eye doctor recommends. After meeting Dr. Wellish and his staff, I know why. I felt so comfortable that I was in the right hands and was glad I had waiting until I found him! I've never been to a medical office full of such kind and caring staff! THANK YOU, DR. WELLISH!!!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

AMAZING! Dr Wellish was the only eye surgeon my eye doctor recommended, and all my coworkers have also gone to him. He is very thorough in his pre-op exam and really cares about his patients. Post-op care was second to none and the entire staff is so friendly and helpful. I will be recommending them to everyone!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

Fabulous experience - Dr. Wellish is the only surgeon my eye doctor recommends, and I couldn't be happier. I was impressed with how thorough they were during the preop as well as the immediate follow up appointments to make sure that everything was healing properly. The surgery was painless and I was comfortable throughout the whole process. I would definitely recommend Wellish Institute to anyone!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Being an eye doctor myself, you can imagine the diligent research I did before deciding which surgeon I would trust with my own eyes. Dr. Kent Wellish is without a doubt, the most reputable and experienced refractive surgeon here in Las Vegas. Since he is an educator of eye care professionals from all over the country, you can imagine the level of competency Dr. Wellish possesses. His attention to the intricate details of the procedure far exceeds any other surgeon I have dealt with in my career as an optometrist. He is constantly learning the newest techniques and procedures in refractive surgery to better customize the procedures he performs for each of his individual patients. Unlike many other refractive surgeons who might rush eligible candidates into the procedure, Dr. Wellish wanted to ensure that my eyes were in optimal condition in order to yield the most successful post operative outcome. Weeks prior to the procedure, he required that I stay out of my contacts, used artificial tears aggressively each day, and even added a unique Bio Tears oral supplement to my regime to ensure that the health of my corneas was optimal for surgery. I must also commend Dr. Wellish for the excellent quality care I was given by every single member of his staff. As an eye care provider, I understand the importance of having a strong and efficient staff to best represent my practice. The quality of care that I received throughout my entire experience at Wellish Eye Institute was impeccable. I am beyond elated with my healthy new eyes and 20/15 (better than 20/20) vision. Thank you Dr. Wellish and everyone at Wellish Vision Institute for making my LASIK experience a very seamless and enjoyable one!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I had LASIK eye surgery with Dr. Wellish and it was a great experience overall considering what an unpleasant surgery it is to have. I would say it is a painless procedure (at no point was I thinking "ouch") but it was uncomfortable for periods. But with that being said, the length of time I was uncomfortable was worth it considering I woke up the next day with 20/20 vision. I would do it again in a heartbeat! But luckily I don't have to. All of the staff I encountered along the way was great. My questions were all answered. Everything went very smoothly throughout the whole process. I've had several friends go through Dr. Wellish for LASIK and they all had great things to say. I didn't even consider going anywhere else based on my friends' experiences, and I see what they were talking about! I've have zero complaints with my experience and zero complications with my procedure. So happy I took the plunge!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Kent L. Wellish's Credentials

• Univ Of Az Coll Of Med, Tucson Az 85724 (Grad. 1987)

Commercial Insurance Company