You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew Kilmurry

Dr. Kilmurry has been my surgeon for 8 years. He's been a blessing to me. Because of him I've lived 8 years longer than expected. Joanne, his assistant is the kindess women I've might. So professional + helpful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Cindy

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I read the reviews and almost cancelled my surgery. I was mortified at what I read. I decided to go and see for myself and cancel after first visit. In the meantime I went to the shouldice clinic to compare. Much to my surprise, the clinic was not for me as it didnt feel right. My appointment with Dr. Kilmurry went perfect despite the fact I was going to cancel. I analysed everything and looked for evidence of what was posted about him and his office. Not only did I not find any, I actually liked him and his staff. He was professional, kind and left me the great impression. I cancelled the clinic surgery and booked with Dr Kilmurry on Nov 4,2015. The experience at ST Marys was fabulous. I was up the next day and moving around. My scar was almost invisible within 3 weeks. I would rate this experience 10 out of 10. I had to come out and post this because I was scared through the whole process because of these bad reviews. Truth here is for it was excellent and I booked to see him again in a year for regular colonoscopy. Thank you Dr. Kilmurry!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

I had lung surgery performed by this individual. He mixed up my X-rays before the surgery which should have been a warning to me. During the surgery which went very long he put a hole in my heart. Thank god there were other doctors in the hospital who were able to save my life. To to it all off he did not even completely remove my lung cancer. I have had to have another surgery performed in Toronto and I was told it was too late. I am very upset by my experience and would wish that no one suffers the way I have had to!!!!! ,

Submitted August 9, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry lacks judgement and insight into his own skills. I had surgey on my swallowing tube performed by him. What a disaster. I had every complication possible. He cut a blood vessel during the surgery and I almost died. I was in the intensive care for weeks with leaks and infections. Eventually I was sent to another hospital to fix his mistakes. I am still suffering to this day. If I had known about him, I would never have had my surgery in Kitchener.. I am considering my options so this does not happen to anyone else.

Submitted July 18, 2015

The worst doctor I have ever met. He was putting a feeding tube in my husband and punctured his lung. He never even apologized and tried to cover up his mistake. I have been told he has many complications by the staff who looked after my husband. Stay away from Dr. Kilmurry. Would not recommend.

Submitted July 16, 2015

A really good doctor. We are lucky to have him here.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry is arrogant and very rude. My daughter was admitted to Grand River Hospital in Kitchener. He saw her for 2 minutes and we were told there was nothing wrong with her. She became worse and had surgery perfumed by another doctor. Her appendices had burst. We were told this may affect her ability to have children in the future. When we complained to the hospital chief, Dr. Ashok Sharma we were given the run around. Apparently, Dr. sharma recently resigned from the hospitals in disgrace. Dr. Kilmurry did not even come and apologize. He must think he is better than others because he is also a chief at the hospitals. Before he starts suing others for liable, he should look at himself in the mirror. Maybe if he did sue, then the truth about him would come out.

Submitted June 28, 2015

Dr Kilmurry is an excellent, compassionate, conscientious and dedicated Surgeon. It seems clear that the person who has written the 2 below posts has a grudge to bear. Most likely they have been either demoted or looked over for a position and they feel the need to slander others for their own lack of skills. Shame on them if they do indeed work at the Hospital to take it upon themselves to slander a fine Surgeon and the Thoracic program in Kitchener. Please ignore these posts as they are full of untruths and Ratemd`s should really be pulling these down or risk a law-suit for libel.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

I was diagnosed in October with lung cancer , Dr. Kilmurry acted quickly with setting up biopsies & pet scan to determine if this cancer had spread. Once all the test were performed he booked my surgery within a week.with great success. Dr. Kilmurry removed a tumor that was 3.7 cm in size and the top lobe of my lung on Dec. 1st and no treatments required. My recovery is a little slow as I have emphysema too but getting better each day. I want to send a special thank to Dr. Kilmurry for saving my life, you will always be my hero. Also thanks to his assistant Joanne, always very friendly and helpful to me thru my journey. Barbara |Nemetchek

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Matthew Kilmurry's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kilmurry has been my surgeon for 8 years. He's been a blessing to me. Because of him I've lived 8 years longer than expected. Joanne, his assistant is the k..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I read the reviews and almost cancelled my surgery. I was mortified at what I read. I decided to go and see for myself and cancel after first visit. In the m..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had lung surgery performed by this individual. He mixed up my X-rays before the surgery which should have been a warning to me. During the surgery which went ..."

August 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Kilmurry is a chief at the local hospitals. He covers up his mistakes and his colleague's errors. This is well known to the administration at the hospital..."

August 1, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kilmurry lacks judgement and insight into his own skills. I had surgey on my swallowing tube performed by him. What a disaster. I had every complication po..."

July 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst doctor I have ever met. He was putting a feeding tube in my husband and punctured his lung. He never even apologized and tried to cover up his mistake..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "A really good doctor. We are lucky to have him here. "

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Matthew Kilmurry, Dr. Bogdan Paun, Dr. Michael Saunders are orchestrating a high tech lynching at the local hospitals encouraged Dr. Ashok Sharma. Dr. Sharm..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had a loved one harmed by Dr. Kilmurry. I have not been “demoted or looked over for a position”. He operated on my husband when he had never done the o..."

July 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kilmurry is arrogant and very rude. My daughter was admitted to Grand River Hospital in Kitchener. He saw her for 2 minutes and we were told there was not..."

June 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a nurse who works at the local hospitals. I have not been "demoted or looked over for a position". I am trying to be an advocate for patients and their fa..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It appears Dr. Kilmurry has written the last rating. He is very complimentary to himself. He lacks insight. He does not realize that he is harming patients ..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kilmurry is an excellent, compassionate, conscientious and dedicated Surgeon. It seems clear that the person who has written the 2 below posts has a grudge..."

June 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kilmurry is a chief at the local hospitals. He covers up his mistakes and his colleague's errors. This is well know to the administration at the hospitals i..."

June 20, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "N2A1" to "N2G 1E4". Address has been updated from "None" to "749 King Street West". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15197426696".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I work at Grand River and St. Mary's Hospitals in Kitchener. Kilmurry is very dangerous. He has one of the highest complication rates for thoracic surgery in t..."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kilmurry saw me the day I had a potential complication from surgery...His staff is friendly, helpful and he is, without doubt, amazing"

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed in October with lung cancer , Dr. Kilmurry acted quickly with setting up biopsies & pet scan to determine if this cancer had spread. Once all th..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I couldn't be happier with the results of the surgery Dr. Kilmurry performed. He is a caring and very skilled doctor."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr killmurray is everything you'd like from an efficient cost effective health care service. He disagreed with a diagnosis that took me months to get - and one ..."

October 16, 2014