Ratings for Dr. Matthew Kilmurry

He has a cold bedside manner, and was very quick to brush off our family doctors diagnosis of a hernia. Denied that it was a hernia, agreed to exploratory surgery and found...a hernia. Our first apt with him he was almost 2 hour's late, then took us into his office while in his cell phone discussing another patients illness. If it weren't for long wait times we would have seen a different surgeon.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Dr. Kilmurray told me just before the surgery that he would take good care of me. I believed him, I kinda had to, anyway. He never came to see me before I went home 6 hrs later disappointing. But I did call for him just after I awoke from surgery and he said here I am. I hurt alot for 2 weeks later and had to go to emerg 2 times in those 2 weeks. Once they thought I had a blood clot in my lung, severe chest pain. Then a week later I needed help again. I was nausious and sick but emerg the 1st time treated me very well and gave me ultra antibiotics. Turns out I had pnemonia in one lung. I am thankful and I was also given anti blood clot stuff in my belly. When I called his office knowing that his surgery was causing my breathing problems he said it had nothing to do with him and to go to my GP. I knew it did so I went to emerg. Thats fine. I lost 3 days of my life that I cant get back. Anyway overall I felt safe in his care. No ones perfect. I certainly didnt expect him to be but he did his job and I feel better now going into 4 weeks later I had my gallbladder removed lapriscopically. Thank u Doctor. Julie

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Having diverticulitis problems the worst one he performed two surgeris on me in four months and a colonoscopy, so basically he saved my life. explained everything and taking care of me all the time. thank you.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Don't ever get any kind of surgery done by Kilmurry or at St. Mary's hospital. Not only was the surgery done wrong then covered up, but the staff at St. Mary's hospital was a complete joke. They told my grandfather that the extreme pain in his legs were from "arthritis" when he was having a serious heart attack which then lead to his kidneys failing, which then lead to his death. Everything that could possibly go wrong after surgery went wrong and I am certain this never would have happened if he never got his lung surgery done by Killmurry. My grandfather would have lived for another fifteen years or more if his life wasn't cut short by Dr. Kilmurry. I wouldn't wish the amount of pain and suffering me and my family have endured on anyone. Complete butcher. Dr. Kilmurry ruins lives.

Submitted October 17, 2017

My surgery wasn't 100% successful however I would still highly recommend Dr.Kilmurry. He informed me of the entire procedure to my stomach surgery, so I was well aware of all the benifits and risks. He was patient and also listened to what I had to say. While in hospital, he dropped in daily to see how I was doing, even if for a moment to see if I needed anything and how my pain was. I was very impressed by this! My surgery helped quite a bit, however I think I may need a little touch up to complete the job. I phoned in to let them know I had further problems, and I was booked back in right away. His receptionist is amazing.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Our son had emergency appendectomy.....he explained it all with patience to us and him (kid is only 11) and followed up. We felt confident and well taken care of throughout the process. Thank you !

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I wish that we newer went in his office. He is the reason why is our life stressful for the last 7 years. If I have to go to him for any reason or die I'll chose death.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

Had hernia surgery done by Dr. Kilmurry. He is friendly, answers any questions you have, and is great at what he does. Thanks doc.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

My husband has been with Dr Kilmurry for 2 years now and had his 2nd recurrence of cancer and had surgery on dec 16/16. There was a few complications which can happen to anyone in surgery. My husband had major surgery and was in st marys for 66 days. Dr Kilmurry is the reason my husband is still here. The whole experience was scarey but every day I left the hospital knowing he had the best doctor and the best care with all the nurses , the RT staff, the ICU staff. My husband is still here because of the care from Dr Kilmurry! . Thank you to all at St Marys.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I had a very good experience with appendix removal by Dr. Kilmurry

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017