You may also like

Rate Dr. Matthew Kilmurry

Dr. Matthew Kilmurry's Ratings

I had lung surgery performed by this individual. He mixed up my X-rays before the surgery which should have been a warning to me. During the surgery which went very long he put a hole in my heart. Thank god there were other doctors in the hospital who were able to save my life. To to it all off he did not even completely remove my lung cancer. I have had to have another surgery performed in Toronto and I was told it was too late. I am very upset by my experience and would wish that no one suffers the way I have had to!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2890049].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry is a chief at the local hospitals. He covers up his mistakes and his colleague's errors. This is well known to the administration at the hospitals including Dr. Ashok Sharma who recently was disciplined by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario for deceptive misleading behaviors (http://www.canlii.org/en/on/onhparb/doc/2014/2014canlii77324/2014canlii77324.html). Dr. Kilmurry has numerous complications especially in lung and esophageal surgeries which he has difficulty performing. Patients have bleeds, leaks, prolonged hospital stays, repeat surgeries and death. In some of the cases, he performs inadequate surgery and fails to remove all of the cancer condemning the patient to a painful death. He is sloppy, technically weak, indecisive and with extreme anxiety. He attempts operations which he is not capable of performing which put patients at great risk. Some nurses and anesthetists are afraid to work with him and his colleagues. Dr. Kilmurry should be able to realize his limitations and do the right thing for the community by sending the patients out of town..

Kilmurry needs to be reported to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario to assess his competency.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2883461].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry lacks judgement and insight into his own skills. I had surgey on my swallowing tube performed by him. What a disaster. I had every complication possible. He cut a blood vessel during the surgery and I almost died. I was in the intensive care for weeks with leaks and infections. Eventually I was sent to another hospital to fix his mistakes. I am still suffering to this day. If I had known about him, I would never have had my surgery in Kitchener.. I am considering my options so this does not happen to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2869704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

The worst doctor I have ever met. He was putting a feeding tube in my husband and punctured his lung. He never even apologized and tried to cover up his mistake. I have been told he has many complications by the staff who looked after my husband. Stay away from Dr. Kilmurry. Would not recommend.

Was this rating useful? 7 [[ userState['ratings'][2868330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

A really good doctor. We are lucky to have him here.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2860700].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry is arrogant and very rude. My daughter was admitted to Grand River Hospital in Kitchener. He saw her for 2 minutes and we were told there was nothing wrong with her. She became worse and had surgery perfumed by another doctor. Her appendices had burst. We were told this may affect her ability to have children in the future. When we complained to the hospital chief, Dr. Ashok Sharma we were given the run around. Apparently, Dr. sharma recently resigned from the hospitals in disgrace. Dr. Kilmurry did not even come and apologize. He must think he is better than others because he is also a chief at the hospitals. Before he starts suing others for liable, he should look at himself in the mirror. Maybe if he did sue, then the truth about him would come out.

Was this rating useful? 9 [[ userState['ratings'][2851183].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Dr Kilmurry is an excellent, compassionate, conscientious and dedicated Surgeon. It seems clear that the person who has written the 2 below posts has a grudge to bear. Most likely they have been either demoted or looked over for a position and they feel the need to slander others for their own lack of skills. Shame on them if they do indeed work at the Hospital to take it upon themselves to slander a fine Surgeon and the Thoracic program in Kitchener. Please ignore these posts as they are full of untruths and Ratemd`s should really be pulling these down or risk a law-suit for libel.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2845360].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Kilmurry saw me the day I had a potential complication from surgery...His staff is friendly, helpful and he is, without doubt, amazing

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I was diagnosed in October with lung cancer , Dr. Kilmurry acted quickly with setting up biopsies & pet scan to determine if this cancer had spread. Once all the test were performed he booked my surgery within a week.with great success. Dr. Kilmurry removed a tumor that was 3.7 cm in size and the top lobe of my lung on Dec. 1st and no treatments required. My recovery is a little slow as I have emphysema too but getting better each day. I want to send a special thank to Dr. Kilmurry for saving my life, you will always be my hero. Also thanks to his
assistant Joanne, always very friendly and helpful to me thru my journey. Barbara |Nemetchek

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2716798].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I couldn't be happier with the results of the surgery Dr. Kilmurry performed. He is
a caring and very skilled doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634509].votes_count ]]