Ratings for Dr. John W. Nelson

I been with Dr. Nelson for a long time. I have had back problems for decades. Along the way I have seen a lot of things. Dr. Nelson is a great Dr. The problem is he works in the Pain Management area. There are alot of freaky patients and Dr. Nelson is a survivor. I could end the review here but let me say a few more things. The staff is Busy. I have seen them often days work without a lunch. The patients dont see this dedication, and Get mad because they are cranky sick people. so everyone just be aware you have to add two stars to Dr. Nelson, as he is helping people who only have a limited ability to appreciate what he does, day in and day out. some of the crazies below have delivered some cheap shots. Dr. Nelson is a highly skilled Dr. not a pill perscriber, or a creep. Please realize this as you read these comments. He is my Doctor of almost 8 years. Thanks for being there Dr. Nelson.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Dr. Nelson is so gruff and needlessly rude. He talks down to me as if I were street druggie. I am college educated, have had 4 major back auguries and have an appliance in my rt buttock. He and I have disagreed on his unwillingness to provide sedation when giving facet injections ! His belief is that they can be given in the office stone cold. I would not let him touch me with a 10 ft. Pole! One woman came out into the waiting room in tears saying she just had horrible injections with nothing for pain. He is mean spirited and has the worst personality. Finally, my PCP referred me to someone else!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

He's a creep. He made me put on a paper gown like i was going to the gynocologist and do these different movements then he made me bend over andtouch my toes facing away from him with nothing on under the gown. I was so grossed out when I left. I will never go back again. If this is normal for a pain management Dr then I am done with passion management.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Very rude staff.. Doctor nelson is always late for his appointment never ontime.. staff dont give a crap if they leave you in the waiting room for hours.. they just fill the next room. The space where he would take blood samples (which they try to do on a monthly basis just to pump you for more money) is the same room they take urine samples. high staff turn over.. very rude staff very unprofessional office. and the office itself is 9 floors up and very shabby. I do not suggest you go to see this guy.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

I've been a patient now for almost two years. In the beginning, I must admit, the office staff was dreadful and the turnover was high. The past six months there has been a constant and caring staff. As for Dr. Nelson, while his bedside manner may not be fantastic, I believe the man to be a genius. I think of him as a 'mad scientist'. Dr. Nelson is very conservative, but considering his specialty, he has to be if he wants to keep treating patients. Initially I was somewhat offended by the constant urine and blood tests. Once you've earned his trust he appears to be much more relaxed. He's actually got a great sense of humor. My case is fairly complex (and somewhat the result of medical negligence). I have been treated well and with compassion, and more importantly, I know Dr. Nelson will never harm me. I trust him completely to manage my pain in the safest and most innovative manner. I do admit he's often tardy, but I take a book or an IPad to occupy myself. He's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I have seen Dr Nelson for a number of years when I was living in Oklahoma City and after I moved to Chickasha I continued monthly making the 1 hour commute to see him and 1 hour back to home. He amazed me when he opened his Services in Chickasha once a week. surprisingly and unknowingly why he stopped coming to here. Yes I gave try with another Pain Service Doctor BUT he was completely different than Nelson. So I dropped him and am back to Dr. John Nelson+++

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

Dr. Nelson and his staff are very friendly and willing to help and listen to my needs as a patient. I would highly recommend him to family and friends and look forward to patient/physician relationship in the future.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

Has only made my health worst and does not seem to be sorry for all that he has put me and my husband through. I am not happy with his operations at all nor his medical treatment. I will not continue to pay any bills that his office sends. This all can be settled in court on the amount of damage he has caused.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

The staff is very rude and untruthful.And Mr nelson because hes not a Dr.but a licensen drug dealer should never be able to see patients

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

He put out a brochure saying he had previously practiced at Mayo in Rochester, Minnesota. Don't see mention of that. Do you know? He always acts like he is angry. If you're 5 mins. late, wants an extra $25. Never heard of that. I've waited on him for hrs. He never paid me or apologized. Not a good deal.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2012

Dr. John W. Nelson's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

HIP