Ratings for Dr. Michael Hirt

The problem with Dr Michael Hirt is that he think he is god and cares about making money. The staff are rude as well. 6 months waiting list for new patients, you need to keep calling and calling. Doctor is too busy with little time.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Years ago was terrfic but now it is weeks to get apointments or get lab results even though he was an owner of the lab. He pushes his own brand of suppliments and orders tests that insurance rarely pays for, often because the science does't support the need. The wait isusually over an hour. He is personable.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

If you want a doctor who runs too many tests, misdiagnoses you and then tries to sell you hundreds of dollars of supplements then this is the doctor for you. After 2 years with him I feel like it was one giant Ponzi Scheme.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Very unsatisfied with my experience. Felt more like a cattle call than a Dr whom wanted to take time with me:( Also, very experience tests and that I felt were unnecessary. If you go, prepared to open your wallet wide because it feels like that is all he wants to do is charge up the A** for products, tests, and supplements!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Some people are obviously looking for a quick fix to a problem that took a long time to get there in the first place - mostly through neglect or denial! Dr. Hirt uses both western meds as well as supplements and vitamins when needed to boost the immune system or treat the whole body. I had a blood disorder and within weeks brought my blood count up to safe levels and other related problems are completely gone. I highly recommend Dr. Hirt for all levels of Internal Medicine and family practice.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

When you have Dr. Hirt's attention it is undivided and I think he's one of the inately smartest doctors I have ever had. His assessments are incredible and he caught my cancer while other doctors had ignored the lab results. (The cancer was successfully treated.) He suggests the supplements. Buying them is not required. It is also true that the follow up is not always what it should be. Too much turnover in his staff...they could be better trained, perhaps. But Kim and Lorinda are tops.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

best Md. i've ever had. my beverly hills md. can't even come close to hirt.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Hirt was not thorough. He failed to diagnose my hypothyroidism, a condition that a holistic doctor should be very familiar with and capable of treating. His interest is to sell herbs and other supplements....That's probably where he makes most of his money.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

I feel like this office is a cattle call, while Dr. Hirt may be a good doctor, I do not feel like he really cares or follows up with you. Last time I went I complained about heart he suggested I get an echo, someone in his office was suppose to call me to schedule, it has been 6 weeks and I am still waiting. He has a back room with a dozen chairs and people were all hooked up to an IV, seemed weird to me.The girl that takes your money when you are finised is extremely cold and rude. She told me I needed to pay my deductable for labs and I told her my insurance pays for all labs, she was very rude. While I like Dr. Hirts intergrative medicine beliefs, I think he needs more people skills and better staff. I waited over 6 months for an appointment and my physical was billed to my insurance company for $8,000. ridiculus. Not so sure I want to go back to him, not because I don't think he is a good doctor, just feel like a a number with good insurance.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2011

Dr. Michael Hirt's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1993)

Amerigroup
Champ Va
Commercial Insurance Company
Healthnet
Multiplan

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "The problem with Dr Michael Hirt is that he think he is god and cares about making money. The staff are rude as well. 6 months waiting list for new patients, ..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Years ago was terrfic but now it is weeks to get apointments or get lab results even though he was an owner of the lab. He pushes his own brand of suppliments a..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "If you want a doctor who runs too many tests, misdiagnoses you and then tries to sell you hundreds of dollars of supplements then this is the doctor for you. A..."

October 1, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=112141'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.5

February 5, 2014