Ratings for Dr. Susan S. Klimow

Dr. Klimow always listens to what I have to say, followups with appropriate tests. Its important to talk openly about any changes you notice in your condition and she follow ups. Dr with integrity and desire to help. Don't mess around with your pain contract. She holds a firm line and expects you to also. Easy to call and leave messages to her assistant and you usually get a response within an hour or 2. Be proactive and take responsibility for YOUR recovery makes for better communication with your doctors.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Yep, the worst pain specialist, (can She even be called this)? She has absolutely NO concept of chronic pain. The first day I saw Her She knew I hadn't taken any pain meds, and yet pushed forward with the physical exam, laying me flat on my back and telling me to lift my legs straight up off the table...(I have bulging discs, and one herniated in my lower back, severe spinal stenosis, osteoarthritis, psoriatic arthritis and a rotated sacrum. When I started crying because of the pain that I had no way to control...She got this funny look on Her face and THREW a box of tissues at me. This person has NO compassion and NO empathy!!!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Good doctor if you don't need opiate analgesics or strong pain killers.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2009

Dr. Klimow is one of my favorite doctors. I have many serious back problems and I have had the electric stimulus test from her it is just an uncomfortable test, Dr Klimow was very apoligetic about the discomfort while she did the test on me. I have always found her to be very knowledgable, and caring. Dr Klimow is very friendly, and always makes me feel like she remembers me, and seldom ever rushes my appointment.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2009

Susan Klimow is the most arrogant and non-helpful Doc. (I wont even call her a the full prestige of being known as a Doctor.) I have a fracture in my back and two severly herniated discs from lifting too much weight at work. Anyways, she did the nerve test and I felt VERY uncomfortable because she didn't even let me put the shorts on that they use for the test. She just walked in while I was changing and I said "WO" do you mind? Her reply was, "no". Then, she walked in and said just pull your pants down and lay down and we'll get started in a cold tone of voice. She started poking on me w/ all of these needles that it hurt ALOT. I kept telling her that she needs to hurry up and she just remained silent and would not even warn me when the needle was going in. I eventually told Dr. Chandler (The owner of AA Pain clinic) that if I was not seen by him instead of her that I would switch to a different pain clinic. If anyone in ANC reads this DO NOT go to Susan Klimow for anything

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

I was referred to Dr. Klimow after I suffered a brain injury. She was not a brain injury specialist, although she said she was. She prescribed 14 different medications for me, and when I became swollen and ill from the medications, would not answer my phone calls. On one visit she said my mobility was fine, when in fact I could hardly walk that day. She would never refer me to any specialists when I requested referrals. She gave me a nerve test where you are poked with a needle hundreds of times, and the setting was so high my arm repeatedly jerked high off the table.I was crying and sweating so much my gown was soaked, yet she continued on. When my husband entered the room 45 minutes later he saw what was happening and said the session was over. She didn't want to stop. He stood up and took a step towards her. She wrote in her report he hit her- NOT TRUE! I felt she was the most uncaring, unknowledgeable, impersonal, and arrogant doctor I'd ever been to.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2007

Dr. Susan S. Klimow's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)