Ratings for Dr. Nan R. Monahan

I have gone to this practice since the 1990s, I also have been seeing Julie Tocci for the past 2 years, she is extremely efficient, sweet and helpful. I have never had an issue with Dr. Monahan or this office and my calls are returned and of course if you have a computer log into their site on MY CHART to send messages,etc. I moved 40 miles away and still go there.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

Poorly managed office and staff. Rude nurses also with a nurse that seemed more like a nurse trainee. Bad followup on prescriptions, Went to her because she followed long term Doctor who retired. Have moved on to top internist at Piedmont...night and day.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

Really poorly managed office. Horrible feedback, bad followup. Switched to one of best Piedmont internists, huge difference. Only stayed as long as I did because of her legacy doctor's practice.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. She has been my mom's doctor for years and I had a concern because my mom was not making any sense when she talked to me. Since stroke runs in the family, I called her doctor only to be told that she was old and not to be concerned. I insisted on a brain scan and was refused. When mom got lost driving around Atlanta ( the City she was born in and lived in for 80 years) I was told that the roads change. I again insisted on a brain scan and was told they would do it but wouldn't find anything. Well they did find a cancerous tumor that had metastized from her lung. When I asked about previous chest X-rays I was told she had never had one in the 14 years she had been going to Nan Monahan. I fired this doctor immediately and in my opinion shouldn't be allowed to practice. The tumor has been removed by an amazing team at Piedmont neuro oncology. I would never recommend this practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

The worst doctor office operation I've experienced, phone calls not returned. Major health concerns are minor to Dr. Monahan. Amount of time spent with patients minimal compared to competitive doctors. Never runs on-time or respects patient's time. Horrible phone system always have to leave a message. I will not return.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

She is a great physician. She takes the time to answer your questions.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

The office has no follow up and does not return phone call. Just needed to get a routine prescription refilled. My pharmicist made numerous attempts to contact the office as did I. Neither of us received a phone call to explain why they were not refilling the medicine. Consequently, I became very sick when I was unable to continue with my daily meds. Will be changing doctors ASAP. Do they not know the side effects of not taking med? Thought that was why it said to take daily.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

She is a good friendly Doctor, but if you could see her in a more timely manner it would be nice. The wait time in her office almost always is one to two hours befor you see her and never under 45 minutes. If you need to go to work or have another plan for the day, forget going here.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

I have been going to this practice for several years and switched to Dr. Monahan when Dr. Drummond left. She has made mistakes with my prescriptions, no one returns phone calls, she is unsympathetic and unresponsive. I am trying to change to another doctor as quickly as possible.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2011

Dr. Monahan, of the Buckhead Internal Medicine, took over this practice several years ago from a beloved doctor when he retired. The office staff was terrible even then, but people stayed because they loved Dr. Harrison. I decided to stay with Dr. Monahan because I like Dr. Monahan and find her to be personable. A few weeks ago I left a message asking someone to call me about a problem I had. Over a period of 7 days, I left 3 messages and received NO return phone call. There are good doctors out there who operate a professional office, and I intend to find one.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Dr. Nan R. Monahan's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Oxford