Ratings for Dr. Jim E. Speed

The most rude doctor I've ever been to! I can't believe I stayed for almost 10 years. I cried every time I left his office and the staff is very unprofessional. I have finally found a good doctor and will never be back to Dr. Speed or his office.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I love Dr Speed, he has been my OB since 1996. He delivered my last 2 children and sand happy birthday to them when they were born. He is very thorough and quick. I like the in and out when he is in my business. He does take time and answer all my questions when needed. The front staff needs a makeover and his new office space in not for the claustrophobic individuals. It is very closed in and no windows in the tiny waiting area. My only complaint about Dr Speed is that he is not to keen on C-sections. He prefers the vaginal delivery to a surgical one. It is better in the long run but I had (2) 9lb babies and wanted them out.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

I love Dr. Speed and his staff. He has been my ob/gyn for over 18 years and delivered 1 of my 3 children; he was out of town during the first two babies and I made him promise not to miss the birth of my son (my last), he made sure he was there. He always takes time to listen to any issues I have and even asks about my family. I honestly think he cares about my well being.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Very rude. Not helpful at all. I will not be back.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

The front staff is just RUDE! They act like they have better things to do than to help you with your needs. I have been a patient here for years and it has always been the same with the front desk staff.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

His staff is ok never gave me any issues. I remember waiting forever for him as usual. I will never go back to him ever again. I remember going in because i had some bumps in my private area. Dr. Speed just looked at them and assumed it was a STD didn't even check, swab, nothing! Just said you can go to your health department it would be cheaper. Knowing the health department doesn't check for ALL STDS!!!! He didn't want to do anything, he just said I know what it is. So i left there with my heartbroken and i couldnt take that for an answer so I went to another gyno who happily checked and swabbed my bumps and gave me a regular examination. GUESS WHAT?? IT WAS NEGATIVE! So Dr. Speed needs to check himself when giving his patients what he thinks or assumes what it is. Just because you've been a doctor so long you don't need to assume you know what everything is. I will never refer anyone to this man! and i refuse to go back to him! It was a waste of a copay!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I have had Dr. Speed as my OB/GYN for 18 years, he has delivered both of my children and I'm expecting my third. He is a great doctor and has great nurses. He listens and takes concerns seriously. His office staff is just okay. The receptionist is rather rude sometimes. However, the lady in billing is quiet and nice and has been there forever. Same with Jackie who I believe is an LPN and also works up front on the office a lot. They are both very helpful.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

Dr. Speed has been my ob/gyn for 22 years, delivered my two children (sang happy birthday to them as they were born), performed my hysterectomy, and performed other hernia surgery. He is by far the BEST doctor I have ever had..even family doctors. I feel comfortable with him and we have excellent dialog about any issue I may have. He is very professional yet very personable also. He talks straight and if I don't understand, he gladly takes the time to make sure I am fully aware of the facts. His staff are also professional and courteous. I hope he NEVER retires!! :-)

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

Dr. Speed has been my gynecologist for the past fifteen years, since I had started my period. Over the years he and his staff have become more rude, snooty, and distant. They would rather be doing anything than their jobs. If I have a concern I am not given the time a day to talk about it. I asked for blood work for STD's, they sent me to the health department (instead of me using my doc I have had since puberty) to discuss my problems with - clean bill of health by the way, thanks to the health department. I have recently moved away and he wont even refill my birth controll untill I come in for a visit! I have yet to find a gynecologist in my new location and am six hours away from Huntsville, I CANT get there for an appointment! Hands down, worst gyno on the face of the EARTH!!! you would think that after fifteen years, they could care a little more for their patients.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

I had a horrible rash spread over my body and he was the on call doctor that night. He would not help me at all, even after I went to the ER. He would not even come look at my condition to see what was going on. When I finally got my docotrs office the next business day they told me that I may ahave a liver disorder and may have to deliver my baby within 2 weeks. No thanks to Dr.Speed.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012

Dr. Jim E. Speed's Credentials

• University Of Iowa College Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)