Ratings for Dr. Robert T. Ferraro

In my estimation Dr. Robert T. Ferraro is the cruelest doctor I've ever encountered. Others may feel otherwise. I'm expressing an opinion only. If I wrote an earlier review on this or any other site I apologize. It's just that he so negatively impacted my life at the time that I feel compelled to write today when my husband received notice from Lovelace Medical Group that "Dr. Ferraro will be leaving Albuquerque that beginning August of 2017 he will be practicing at Artesia General Hospital as Director of the Diabetes Center. Please note that I was never his patient. He was my husband's who had cancer at the time. I accompanied my husband to his every appointment with Dr. Ferraro. In today's letter it states that he'll be replaced by a new doctor, Lisa Ereifel, MD. In the letter it states that Dr. Ferraro is "excited about this new opportunity to care for...the underserved." Too bad he demonstrated little to no compassion for my husband. and me . During W's first appointment I politely intervened to point out an inaccuracy in his statement His response was to scream at me at my intervention and call me "Mommy." What I pointed out at the time was later confirmed but never credited to me by a followup email . I cried over his verbal abuse when we arrived home. On another occasion he asked me during a visit why I was so quiet. Clearly it was because I was intimidated by him. What I accurately told him was that I couldn't hear him as I suffer from hearing loss and inadvertently left my hearing aids at home. His solution was to bend down and shout directly into my ear canal to talk to me. I feared at the time that the elevated volume level would contribute to further hearing loss. In hindsight I believe my fear was inaccurate but my fears justifiable at the time. My fervent hope is that he was terminated. What delicious revenge for my opinion is a vengeful person.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

The staff is rude the doctor is an arrogant rude old man. My wife and went to see him. Waited six weeks. First appointment went in and the receptionist were uninterested I seeing anyone. The nurse was a very rude unhappy person. When she asked for my wife's medical records we did not have them. Dr. Ferraro came in and wanted an explanation why. Then said this would be a waisted appointment so we left and demanded our copay refunded. While whey were refunding the copay we asked for any and medical information they had on my wife. Ferraro came out handed it to us. Turns out it was all the paperwork they asked us for, and they already had it for three weeks prior to the appointment. It's obvious he never even looked at it prior to our appointment. I expect him to be prepared and read the medical information he requested prior to the appointment. I don't know if he is a good doctor or not. But I'm sure he is arrogant, rude, unhappy, and unprepared to see his patients.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

I have seen Dr. Ferraro for years! He has been the absolute BEST doctor! I vehemently disagree with the opinions posted here. I refer people with thyroid issues to him all the time. He has gone above and beyond to deliver fantastic care. Yeah he can be a little more on the blunt side, but I get it. I'm usually in a hurry anyways. I like his "to the point" style. Don't believe all that you see here. They've been a great staff for me!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

Dr Ferraro is impatient, and rude. His staff is unhappy and it reflects on the care given to the patients.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I have been going to SW Endocrinology for 6 years. For most of my treatment I was seeing another provider, Liesha Bevoni, who was awesome. Sadly she moved, so I was then moved to Dr. Ferraro. After having to wait nearly an hour after my initial appointment time, Dr. Ferraro came into the room on his cell phone with an insurance company on hold. He started to ask me about myself, as he said "he didn't know me from atom". As I started to explain myself and my diabetes history, he began to snap his fingers in my face, indicating I should hurry up. It was evident that he did not read my chart before coming in to see me, as he had to ask what I was there for "diabetes or weight management" "type 1 or type 2". I had to tell him that they had conducted a continuous glucose study and I was there for my results. Dr. Ferraro continued to talk over me and berate me through the entire appointment. As I was leaving he told me that "Dr.Patel is a much nicer doctor and that I should see her"

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Ferraro's nurse was very unfriendly. . the staff at the front desk was ok. I went to see him about my thyroid problems. I was on Synthroid 75 mc. because I have low thyroid and was losing my hair. He lowered my thyroid med & I asked him why & he started to say something & then said "well you wouldn't understand anyway"! I stayed on 50 until I was almost bald on top, went to the pharmacist & told him I still had a bottle of 75 mcg I he told me to start taking it again.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

Absolutely the worst doctor and staff I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

I called Southwest Endocrinology five weeks ago to ask about their services for men who have hormone issues. They told me they'd set me up with their best doctor. Five weeks later, my appointment arrived, and I presented both my hormone panels, as well as some information on a very rare condition I'm dealing with...a condition that, quite likely, is related to hormone imbalances. It was not 30 seconds into my meeting with Ferraro that he told me he could not help me. He alleged that the condition of which I spoke had no medical validity. Furthermore, he told me he had no real suggestions for dealing with my sugar cravings. I found these comments rather odd coming from an endocrinologist at a center that specializes in diabetes and weight loss. Dr. Ferraro was rude to me, in a hurry, and charged me and my insurance even though he admitted he could not help me. Perhaps you can find better help from another of their doctors; but my experience with Ferraro was far from acceptable.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Dr. Robert T. Ferraro's Credentials

• Univ Di Padova, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Padova, Italy (Grad. 1984)