Ratings for Dr. Clyde J. Bench

I was referred to him by my family practice doc for a flair in my RA, he did a very very thorough exam and modified my medications. My aches and stiffness are much better. He is now my go to doc for Ra.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Bench in 2010 from my orthopedic specialist who did tests and suspected rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Bench, I was told, had retired for a few years and then returned to work one day per week. Technology had apparently left him behind and I had in hand and understood more tests and results than he could even find (could not operate the "dang" computer). He even quoted me incorrect results from what he could find on the comnputer. He was not helpful nor professional. I hate to be so negative but he should no longer be working in my opinion. One MRI report showed I had sacroiliitis and when I asked him about it he seemed embarassed, couldn't find it and when I showed it to him he said "I dispute that."

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. I was referred to him to determine if I had lupus. He did not listen to me, and ridiculed me in front of an intern he was training -- snickering, and telling me there was nothing wrong with me that we don't all have. I'm sure that at his age he has a few complaints, but I was barely forty. I went to another rheumatologist who did one simple test, found that my thyroid was under attack, prescribed a supplement, and my symtoms improved dramatically. I regret that I allowed my insurance to process a payment to Dr. Bench, because he did not provide the service that was billed.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2008

He's a very caring and compassionate doctor. He listens, spends time, and tries his hardest to figure out what's wrong. Very willing to help in any way. Would refer anyone to him.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

Dr. Bench tells me to come back in 6 months to get my blood drawn again. I always come with new symptoms or concerns and never get an answer! Come back in 6 months is his only statement everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATING!!!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

helped cure my polymyalgia. Always asked good questions and answered all of mine. Great communication skills and knowledge.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2007

Dr. Bench's service varies from day to day (patient to patient?). He is currently accepting new patients but really shouldn't (in my opinion) because 1. he is retiring in 2008 2. it is so hard for existing patients to get in to see him. The other rheumatologist seems more through in her examination techniques and on my encounter with her was much nicer than Dr. Bench.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2007

Dr. Clyde J. Bench's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)