Ratings for Dr. Arthur Suffin

Love, love,love this well qualified compassionate physician

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Its a VERY busy office, so sometimes (if I call with questions) I feel like I'm annoying nurses/office staff and they aren't so nice. But Dr. Suffin himself is a great doctor. I'm currently trying to conceive and it's not always a fun or easy process but he keeps my spirits up and has been very helpful.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

He is a wonderful doctor, the staff sometimes leave something to be desired and he will say "call such and such, the rest of them are acting kooky" but only doctor that I walk in the building and get a kiss on the cheek. He saved my life in my opinion and twice.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2013

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Suffin for years. One of the few GYNs who listened to my female complaints. Performed a hysterectomy 11 yrs ago and I am now happy, healthy and free of debilitating pain.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Went to him for years- Was pregnant w/2nd child. I was 2 weeks over due and he tried to induce. Did not work. I saw a covering Dr in the hosp for a stress test and I mentioned I had not had an ultra sound at 40 weeks. went back to the office to do so and Suffin saw me there and said What the hell are you doing here. I told him Dr -- told me to get an ultra, he rolled his eyes. Upon completion of ultra my baby was found to be huge...she was 10.5 pounds when born. He should have know something was up when I did not go into labor after being induced. Thankfully I had a C- and not natural. Me or the baby could have had real problems. After that I left the practice.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I used to like him very much...then he got really angry and said to me.."ARE YOU CRAZY?"...when I told him I wanted another opinion on his findings of possible precancerous cells. I was done with him. I continued to see Sharon (the PA) who was wonderful..and then finally left the practice after 13 years. I think you are treated like cattle there. I was fine in the end, thankfully...but his reaction cost him a client.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I've been going to Dr. Suffin for years, and I love him. It is his god-awful staff that made me change doctors. You can sit on hold forever. They are rude and disrespectful. They have no regard or respect whatsoever for the patients who visit and pay big to come into that office. I think if the doctors in that practice knew what really went on, they would fire them all - rightfully so.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

He was my doctor for years, until I moved several years ago. In hindsight, I'm not a big fan. I had precancerous cells on my cervix, and he did a biopsy in his office, and apparently I wouldn't stop bleeding, and HE GOT UPSET WITH ME! As if it were my fault my cervix was bleeding after he removed a piece from it. I felt like I was supposed to apologize, which was stupid. After that, I pretty much just saw their wonderful Physican's Assistant, Sharon, until I moved away.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

Just another old doctor who is covering his butt and doesn't want to be sued. He totally botched my case and treated me disrespectfully. His answer to women going through menopause is psychiatry. Too bad I waited until after my appointment to review his history. Oh please retire already!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2006

Dr. Arthur Suffin's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1968)