Ratings for Dr. Yong S. Kim

Dr Kim can come off as very nice as long as you don't catch him in a mood or challenge his plan. When he is in a mood, he is very passive aggressive to down right nasty and condescending. He contradicts himself every other visit giving opposite information than previously then flip flopping. When you present studies to support your view point he gets very defensive and nasty. He has made 2 of my family members cry and feel worthless. He has shared confidential information about my health with another patient. A clear violation of HIPPA. He has only examined me twice in a decade. He rarely will examine a person during a visit. He just sits down with up you and gives you prescription after prescription. If you complain about side effects, he talks to you like you are crazy and imagining it then offers you several additional prescriptions to cover the side effects of the first medications. I know of one patient who died of cancer that spread through her body. He could have caught it early if he had just examined her once in 3 years. Please avoid him! He's not safe and he needs therapeutic counseling. He can put on a friendly face, but give a different opinion of his plan and Mr Hyde comes out. He has a fragile ego.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Can be overly personal with you. He does over medicate for sure. He always says the same thing every visit. I can't understand how someone can trust a doctor when he prescribes many different meds at once.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

Love, love Dr. Kim! Best doctor I've had in years. I liked that he is not quick to repeat tests that I've had a dozens of time just for the sake of putting money in the pocket of other doctors. Always nice during the visits and he LISTEN to what I'm saying is wrong. I feel that I collaborate with him on aspects of my treatment and that I am actually a participant in my care. I think all doctors should try this approach more often. They might find that patients are more willing to comply with a treatment plan that they had a part in making.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr Kim is the best Dr ive ever had and I have had my fair share. He is the most personal and friendly Dr ive ever met. He is a very compassionate person and cares about his patients. I have friends and family that see him and just like me think he is a great Dr. I came across this site and had to comment because whenever I speak of him, I speak very highly. Thank your Dr. Kim for all you do!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2011

He has a tremendous holier than thou attitude and treats his patients with disrepect if they just question anything pertaining to his "instructions". Pushes medicines before determining cause of illness.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

Steer clear of Dr. Kim, he is nasty, rude and unprofessional. He is very quick to medicate rather then getting to the root of the problem

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Dr. Kim is the best doctor I've ever had!! And I'm very, very picky and have had many doctors. He takes time with you, he is very knowledgeable and thinks of things you never even thought of. You are always better after seeing him - both physically and mentally. What a great asset to the medical field! I wish all doctors were like him! My husband goes to him too and he loves him. And he is pickier than I am!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2008

Amazingly personable yet very professional. Hands down, the best primary care physician in the Atlanta area.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2008

Really knowledgeable yet personable

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007

Dr. Yong S. Kim's Credentials

• Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Atlanta Ga 30322 (Grad. 1997)

HealthFirst