Ratings for Dr. David Craig

I know others may disagree and they have the right, but Dr. Craig has been very helpful to me. He encourages me to take care of myself and live a normal life despite the pathology.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

This man should have been removed from practice years ago. He has no empathy for his patients and believes his medical degree is a permit to disregard any patient input or perceptions in favour of his own middle-class WASP suburban values.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

after 20 minutes of not much of anything he told me no pill would help , nothing was wrong with me , I was not depressed just needed some purpose and I tried to ask questions in which he responded , I am not arguing with you and I said , no , I am not arguing either , just asking questions, I did not know it was the dr who prides himself in taking away medication for people at the pen but it makes so much sense wi5h my experience,. , I needed a purpose anmd was not depressed . NO , SIR, YOU DON'T SAY, people need purpose.. did the dr suffering from depression , who thought was a manipulative liar not have enough purpose and that is why she killed herself. I am so disturbed by all of this and my experience was classic dr. Craig dismissive and rude., there really is something wrong with the Dr . Craig. but he would never take medicine for it, I guess.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Terrible, terrible excuse for a doctor. He doesn't prescribe meds and stops any your on making you suffer, saying let's take it one day at a time...

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Submitted November 5, 2012

Dr Craig has seen my wife and she found him to be the bset kind. I would certainly recomend him regardless of the other comments on this web site Thanks

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

ive met MANY doctors over the years. i think he is deffinitly one of the worst if not the worst. very ignorant, full of him self...pretty much thinks hes god. he's right and everyone else is wrong. i honestly have no idea how he still has a job. terribleterrribleterrible. i have never heard one good thing said about him. he did an assessment of me when i was only 16 years old. it was the only time he ever met me he spoke to me very briefly, was very cold and rude, full of himself. he only asked me a few stupid question which told him pretty much nothing. he then left and did a report saying that he didn't think i shoould stay in hospital because was hopeless, there was nothing anyone could do to help me, and said it didnt matter how long they kept me or what they did for me i would just end up killing myself anyway... well im not 16 anymore i am still alive and doing the best i ever had...thanks to doctors who actually know what they are at

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

My daughter was a family doctor who for years lived through bouts of depression but with the help of medications led an otherwise normal life. In 2004 she became very depressed again and with her psychiatrist away checked herself into the HSC where she was placed under the care of Dr. Craig. He took her off her medications - she suffered greatly but did so with the understanding that once she was cleared she would start on a new treatment plan. She found Dr. Craig arrogant and hostile. After 10 days Dr. Craig discharged her without a conclusive diagnosis, medications, or discussing the situation with her family or her own doctor, and with no planned follow-up. This despite the fact that the pschologist on his team had determined, by way of a lengthy test, that she was at high risk for suicide. Dr. Craig said that he did not belive the results of the test, my daughter could have faked it. When she was discharged she went home and killed herself that afternoon.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2012

My daughter was a local family doctor who for years lived through bouts of anxiety and depression but with the help of medication was able to function normally. In 2004 she became very depressed again and with her psychiatrist away checked herself into the Health Sciences Center, under the care of Dr. Craig. Dr. Craig took her off her medications - she suffered greatly but did so with the understanding that once she was cleared she would start on a new treatment plan. She found Dr. Craig arrogant and sometimes hostile. After about 10 days Dr. Craig discharged her without a conclusive diagnosis, without medication or discussing her situation with us or her own doctor, and with no planned follow-up. This despite the fact that the psychologist on his team had determined - by way of a lengthy test - that she was at a high risk for suicide. We were told Dr. Craig did not believe the results of the test, my daughter could have faked it. When she was discharged she killed herself at home.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2012

Dr. Craig is a psychiatrist, who absolutely KNOWS medications, how to administer them, and their effect. He has taken me from being extremely ill to a point where I am employed in a very good job, have control of my mental illness and am happy for the first time in a while. It has taken a while to get here, but I definitely would not have been able to do so without him! Thanks Dr. Craig!!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

Dr. David Craig's Credentials

• University of Alberta (Grad. 1982)