Ratings for Dr. Maha Dutil

Dr Dutil is simply the BEST. She is thoughtful, knowledgable and respectufl. She has been our dermatologist for over 20 years and we trust in her care completely.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Dutil after I showed my doctor an unusual mole I had noticed. Dr. Dutil did her due diligence and followed procedure; she had me get a biopsy that day. However, I was clearly nervous about the possibility of melanoma and her phrasing during our brief appointment made me much more nervous than I had been before meeting with her. She went on about all of the signs that pointed to a bad outcome, before finally saying "or there IS another possibility; it could be fine" and when I asked her for her opinion on the prognosis she would say only that she didn't know and only the lab could tell us. The prognosis ended up being negative; it was a regular mole, but as an anxious patient her manner had me in a very worried state waiting for results. Just a word of warning to any future patients; her manner seems to be a bit detached and clinical and not reassuring, but that doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad prognosis.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

This was my first time at this dermatology center. After reading the reviews, I was resigned to the likelihood that the staff would be rude, the wait would be long and that Dr. Dutil would have no time to speak to me. I have just returned home from my 9:00 appointment this morning (which I was very lucky to get, due to a cancellation yesterday). And, I feel moved to write this review because my experience was excellent in every way. The staff was wonderful. No complaints at all. The wait was reasonably short, possibly because it was an early morning appointment; the office was already filling at 8:45. I had brought a book and three magazines and barely got to read ten pages. And Dr. Dutil was fantastic. I have no clue why anyone would write her a bad review. I was surprised that I was not initially told to don the nightgown with the tie in the back; Dr. Dutil explained that on a first appointment, people generally prefer to meet the doctor clothed. I found this so thoughtful. Sure enough, after I had met with the doctor, she stepped out briefly so I could change. The doctor answered those few questions I had (I did try to condense as much as possible, to be fair to other patients); she was chatty and not the least abrupt. The examination was quick but thorough. I felt I was in very competent hands. I am no relation to anyone in the office. I was quite impressed, moreso given my low expectations. And it is not so easy to impress me.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

Saw her at Albany Clinic for sebaceous keratosis removal. Expensive, but thorough and knowledgeable. Would probably return to her for further work on other areas.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Dr. Dutil is the best. Extremely well-trained. Knows her stuff. She is often late, but that's the price you pay for seeing the best in the public health care system. And when she is late she always apologizes. Usually, some emergency has come up and she deals with it. I consider myself very lucky to have her as my doctor. I have had a lot of skin damage as a child and she is monitoring me for skin cancer. So far so good.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Well worth waiting to see her. She has a very quick mind and is perhaps a bit too fast for some people, but her dermatological knowledge is superb. Regrettably, the staff could be more cordial. A fine doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

great doctor, my son loved her she is cool! to the point and with very much compassion! polite and with lots of class!! calm and nice!! thank you!!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Amazing dermatologist and great recommendations for skin rejuvenation

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Wonderful dermatologist I saw at Toronto Dermatology Centre. Knowledgeable, thorough and empathetic. Thank you for fixing my skin!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Dutil has been my dermatologist for a number of years. I am virtually covered in nevi (more than 200 moles) and she has a tough task keeping track of all of them. She is brief and to the point. Her aim is to diagnose what needs to be done and get on with the job of treating her patient. Bear in mind she works in a public health system and has thousands of us needing her attention. Highly competent dermatologist.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017