Ratings for Dr. Mark K. Dodson

I felt the doctor was very condescending. His exam was rough and he was rough. Waited over 2 hours for appointment then waited in room for another hour. I would not go to him again.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

He Is the best there is he's is very knowledgable, answers questions in a simple way I can understand. I highly recommend him. You won't find anybody better than Dr Dodson

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

My mother was a patient of his when he was a new doctor at the UofU. Initially she was given less than a 30% chance of survival. Her ovarian cancer miraculously went into remission for 10 years. It came back, went into remission and then came back again and she passed away. Dr. Dodson did several intense surgeries (hours long) that were potentially fatal through the years. Even other doctors reported to us how impressed they were with his success in such high risk surgeries. He is the BEST - hands down! We have been to his office many times over a 15 year period (beat that!). Any wait is worth it. He is highly skilled and compassionate. We received a very kind message on our phone the day she passed away. I couldn't recommend anyone higher if you or a loved one is facing cancer. My family and I will be forever grateful to Mark Dodson for extending our mother's life!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2013

I've only seen Dr. Dodson once so far, but it was a positive experience. I was a bit concerned after reading the reviews here. The staff was very friendly and nice. I waited in the exam room for a little while before seeing the Dr., but it was not an excessive amount of time. Dr. Dodson came across as very friendly and personable, primarily at the beginning of the appointment. Towards the end he was a bit more down to business, but still nice. He spent plenty of time with me and explained things very thoroughly and answered all my questions. I did not feel rushed. Dr. Dodson definitely comes across as very confident, maybe a little too much at times, but I want a confident doctor and I trust him to perform my upcoming surgery. I will update this review after further visits with him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

Absolute rude and condescending. What a total ass. My wait to see him was reasonable but once in the office with my scheduled appointment it was three hours later. Very rude staff. Please women find a female doctor as I did and it made the world of difference to me.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

I've been to Dr. Dodson several times and its always the same. He books his patients so tight that you wait forever and only get 5 minutes with him. There is never time to ask questions and I always felt so confused about what the next course of action was. I'm not asking for tons of time with him, but its like he just shuffles you out the door in a hurry.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

I have been in Dr. Dodson's office thrice and I paid cash for both visits, one of them involving surgery in his office. I was trained in the area of pharmacy back in The Kingdom of Lesotho. Dr. Dodson is a highly skilled professional. I have not doubted his knowledge in any of my visits with his office. I am proficient in medical language and feel that he leaves no questions unanswered. The office staff is disappointing. They never returned my phone calls. Maybe this is something to discuss with the doctor in my next visit. The staff let me know when they reschedule. Dr. Dodson services are very highly in demand and I am only happy that I can be part of the crowd that waits for him. I would rather wait than give it a shot with a frozen speculum! Doctor Dodson's office recently jumped on an abnormality in my tests: phone calls and notices in the mail. BRAVO Dr. Dodson! Victoria.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

I did wait to get an appointment and it took months after being referred by my MD because of an abnormal Pap. Dr. Dodson performed a Biopsy and was very assuring all was ok and would reschedule in 6 mos. At my 6 mo appt. I waited in his office for 1 ½ hours and another ½ in the exam room. He was short with me and in a huge hurry. I felt very frustrated and left with lots of unanswered questions like, “What are we waiting for? It to turn to full cancer?” To which I never received an answer, also I had a rash which he said is just “razor burns” it was vaginal warts. Diagnosed by another wonderful Woman Dr/OB. Now it’s over a year and I’m going in again next month to see what’s next… wish me luck!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2008

Dr. Dodson was very professional and knowledgable. While I did have a small wait he was well worth it. The knowledge he shared and the way he discussed it in terms I could understand was very helpful. He was also very sympathtic and understanding of my concerns. I would recommend him in a heartbeat!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

I was referred to him 8 months ago following an abnormal pap smear and subseuqent abnormal pathology from a LEAP (i.e potential cancer). At one appointment he kept me waiting over an hour with my pants off. His staff was repeatedly rude and disrepectful (once making comments, when they thought I was on hold, about my insurance). FOUR MONTHS AGO, he ordered a LEAP (to make sure all the abnormal cells were removed). A LEAP has to be scheduled by a nurse & they have to call you. I still haven't had one! Reception would not transfer me directly to the nurse and the nurse didn't return my calls!! I became so frustrated I called with an IHC advocate. Each time being told a nurse would call me - never did! I think it borders on negligence. Pre-cancer does become cancer, pre-cancer (cancer) confined to the cervix can spread to the bladder and lymph nodes, it just takes time. While, it has been more about his staff than him per se his staff is a reflection of him. I NEED MORE THAN 1,000 Characters

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Dr. Mark K. Dodson's Credentials

• East Tennessee State University, Quillen-Dishner College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)