Ratings for Dr. Youwen Zhou

I'd seen Dr. Zhou twice and both times I left feeling it was a waste of my time. Both times I had to wait for a long time and Dr. Zhou spent no more than 5 minutes in the room. Yesterday, my second visit, I waited for an hour. Dr. Zhou barely gave a quick glance at the problem area and without even examining it, immediately jumped into a dismissive diagnosis that was quite contradictory to my own family doctor's concerns (that's why I was referred to the specialist in the first place!). He insisted on it even when I pointed it out and tried to give him a bit more background. When I asked him what I can do about it, he just said absolutely nothing - which was the same answer he gave the first time I saw him for another problem - which he said would go away but it hadn't. He definitely didn't deserve whatever amount he's charging Medicare. As a matter of fact, I felt like I should charge him for the wait time. It would be unconscionable if due to his careless dismissive attitude in diagnosis, any more serious condition that I or some other patients possibly had was missed. I had seen bad doctors before, but none so bad that compelled me to submit an evaluation like this. People /other doctors should know.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

My experience with Dr. Zhou was very good and there was nothing in his manner to fault. I have had skin cancer and this was the reason for the consultation. He was kind and pleasant and very responsive to my questions. I felt I was in good hands with Dr. Zhou.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

WORST DR. visit EVER!!!!! Showed completely no interest in me as a patient, asked me no questions and wouldn't let me explain my situation. I had a cyst on my neckline for over a year. My family dr said I should get a biopsy. Dr Zhou. said no and that if I want it removed, it would be cosmetic and there would be a charge. I also had another cyst on my leg that I was worried about and he gave me no advice or information, wasn't helpful and made me feel embarrassed. Dr Zhou has ZERO communication skills, NO sensitivity and he should remain in a lab.....with lab rats! Although, I am very grateful he was such a jerk and made me leave quickly - there is NO WAY I would trust him with my skin. I will go back to my family dr and ask for another referral for someone else. I was very disappointed and upset as it takes a long time to get a dermatologist appointment. I would NEVER EVER recommend Dr Zhou. - I hope the BC Medical system looks into this guy, he is just AWFUL. I never write reviews but this experience just really upset me and I want others to know.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

This doctor has unfair reviews I was referred to him for melanoma and was actually scared after seeing the comments here. He was knowledgeable personable and friendly. He offered his email to communicate and was interested in my case. If you have a minor concern maybe he isn't the doctor for you but he was great with me.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016

This doctor is terrible. Doesn’t care about the patients at all. With mistake made by him, he even tries to shirk the responsibility by giving bad attitude. Don’t refer any one to the doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Zhou for acne and to get a skin differential. My skin had suddenly become incredibly dry and dehydrated and developed cystic acne after having clear skin my entire life. I waited for almost 2 hours to see him. When I did see him he barely said anything to me - and he then prescribed me a medication that I later found out from my pharmacist that I can't take due to a drug interaction - when all of my current medications were listed on the sheet. When I asked him about my current skin condition and the changes I've had and some of the issues he told me "welcome to the real world"... which wasn't particularly helpful. He had me make another appointment for 2 months in, but considering I can't take the medication he gave me, I can't imagine the appointment will go well. Considering I originally had to wait 10 months for this appointment and only got in after waiting 4 months due to a cancellation, I am very disappointed.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Staff is great at the front desk. Dr Zhou is a total ass clown. Dr Zhou is a scam to the medical system. I had a reaction to something which I thought was a result of something affecting my immune system. Dr Zhou told me to just take antihistamines and that seeing an immunologist would be a waste of my time. I saw an immunologist anyways and the immunologist told me I had a severe gluten sensitivity. I've been gluten free and 95% of the skin reactions are completely gone. DR ZHOU IS A PIECE OF SHIT.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

WORST doctor I have ever been to. Did not answer any of my questions regarding my scalp concerns and made it seem like it wasn't a problem. He did not even exam my scalp and when I told him about the medications I have taken, no questions were asked about that. He even sounded like he was insulting me when saying "you have very red skin and acne". There is a differnt way of approaching your patients and this was not it. Very disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

He was great with me! He made me feel at ease and was very knowledgeable about my condition.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

He is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen in my life. I don't think he said 20 words to me (how the heck would you be able to make a diagnosis?) and booted me out with a ointment that will supposedly cure my eczema. I waited almost an hour for this?

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015