Ratings for Dr. Christa Beverley

Dr Beverley is great. IRIS is not. The reviews below are 100% accurate. Be prepared for a Sales pitch every time you go. At our last visit, the staff tried to push Maui Jims on my 12 year old daughter. Ridiculous! Took me 40 minutes to extract myself from the Sales people last visit because I needed a copy of my son's prescription. Dr Beverley is great and knows her stuff but ask her for your prescription in her examining room and be prepared to be blunt with the Sales team. It's honestly gotten to the point that we are considering switching optometrists.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

I also have been a patient of Dr. Beverley's since she took over from Dr. Bentley. I was just in her office yesterday and records show that was 20 years ago!! I had an issue several years back that I was unaware of, resulting in a trip to Toronto to see a surgeon. He was very impressed that Dr. Beverley had found the issue, and stated that most wouldn't have noticed it. I am truly thankful for that. Who knows what would have happened if she hadn't!! I have sent many family members and friends to see her. She is very knowledgeable and caring. I have always been treated very well by the staff, although I do miss seeing Diane - she had been there for many years as well. By the way, I should mention that I live about 70km from her office, but continue to drive past dozens of optometrists on my way to see her. I have no intentions of going to someone else.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I, too have been a patient of Dr. Beverly's since she starting practicing in Barrie. The practice is now operating by IRIS and although she is still the same optometrist, the entire experience has changed negatively. No longer do you feel like a patient: you feel like a wallet. They push tests, eye glasses and accessories which given, some you need but if you shop around, their prices are outrageous and service is atrocious. If you do not buy from them, they really make you feel like second-class patients. My advice: swerve this sales-driven practice and go for a doctor/practice that makes you feel like you valued for more then your bank balance.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Beverly for several years. I find her to be knowledgable and caring. She is rarely right on-time (usually 10-15 min behind) so plan accordingly. I do find that they press for additional tests that are chargable but if you research these tests they are all valid and recommended. I do NOT like the new IRIS partnership as they push their glasses shamelessly and are very expensive. The environment and Dr. Beverley are very "sales orienteed" so you will need to be prepared to decline extra tests if you don't want to pay the fee and to be escorted into the glasses area if you need percription glasses. Also, Dr. Beverley only works one day a week in the summer so book in advance if you need an appointment during this time of year. In honesty, Dr. Beverley's knowledge and experience and the location are the only things that keep me from seeking another eye doctor.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I waited 30 minutes for my 2pm appointment to start which to my knowledge is the first appointment in the afternoon. I then felt very rushed through the appointment and felt pressured by dr beverley to have extra tests and to buy prescription sunglasses. I will be trying another doctor in this office next time.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

Doctor Beverley is a very patient, kind and understanding person, who is extremely knowledgable in her field. We recommend her to everyone we know.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2007