Ratings for Dr. Carlos M. Cespedes

We absolutely love Dr Cespedes and cannot recommend him highly enough. Knowledgeable and personable.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

100% covered physical exam turned into hours of wasted time and over $100 in charges. I gave up trying to fight it as it was no longer worth the money. All over bad coding which he tried to cover for with vague statements about wanting more tests due to elevated levels. Impossible since both tests were at once and he had no way to review the levels before the second accidentally ordered (or badly coded) test. To top it off, he refused to speak directly to me about it even after a solid dozen calls to his office speaking with his staff. They seemed nice but got a terrible rank here due to the fact it was all a waste of time. Never again.

Submitted August 2, 2016

This guy is a total disaster. He gave my wife my blood results. He told her I had severe heart disease. She came home crying her eyes out. Reason for this, my cholesterol was low 200s. He had her believing I was dying. He told my wife that he can't believe she was married to me because she was much too pretty. There was several reasons. My wife changed doctors and he was totally pissed about it. When I left, I put in a complaint about him for numerous reasons. They told me to put it in writing. Then I get a letter back that I was banned from using all Elmhurst hospital. What goes around comes around. I know for a fact I stopped at least 4 patients from seeing him. Probably a lot more. He brought one of his offices to Addison, Il. where I am highly respected, with a lot of clout.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

These reviews are infuriating. Dr. Cespedes is an EXCELLENT doctor. I give him SO much credit for getting us on the road to my sons autism diagnosis, helping us find the best ways to heal some of the underlying gut issues, not just shoving antibiotics down a young boys throat. Sure, he is direct. If you want sugar coating, glitter and unicorns, he may not be the doctor for you but if you want results and a doctor who actually CARES, a staff that cares...then he's the best. I work for another (competing) big medical group and I won't take my son to anyone else. Dr. Cespedes; you changed our lives! THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

He is so invested in his patients. He spends as much time with you as you need and always follows up. Best doc I've ever seen by far!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

Very Rude Doctor. I don't think he treats his staff very well, otherwise they might be more friendly. I don't usually write reviews like this, but maybe will help him be more courteous. I would never go back.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2010

I too have mixed reviews about Doc Cespedes. I am not his patient, I am the caregiver of his patient who attends all visits. The "dude" thing can be calming when there is nothing serious going on. When a serious medical issue is presented he seems to falter. He covers his ass by misleading the patient with a possible diagnosis. A report may say "rule out" but he behaves as if the report is giving an accurate diagnosis. He freaks out the patient and then the specialist he refers you to calms you down when he/she states the "rule out" thing is only to cover ones ass. Another thing that bothers me about Carlos is he doesn't acknowledge the caregiver. He acts like he is the only one taking care of the patient. He sees the patient for a maximum of 5 minutes. The Caregiver, 24/7. I've been physically harmed by the patient when Doc Carlos failed to recognize serious symptoms the patient was presenting. I called the office to report this and of course was ignored.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I have had a distrust for doctors since the early 90's when a doctor Hinojosa cut my facial nerve TWICE in removing a tumor from my ear. I found Dr. Cespedes about 7 years ago and would AND HAVE trusted him with my life. He helped me recover quickly from a stroke and I would never consider finding a different doc. His manner might not be for everyone but his skills and support staff (medically) are second to none.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

Watch out. This doctor gave me some bad health news (which ultimately on 2nd & 3rd opinions from other doctors turned out to be WRONG NEWS), then had the NERVE to get upset with ME for getting upset about the bad news he had just delivered. Unbeleivable and unacceptable behavior from a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2008

I have had mixed experiences on different visits to Dr. Cespedes. I do not think I will return, because during each of my last three visits, Dr. Cespedes seemed to be in a hurry, and made me feel uncomfortable for asking questions.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Carlos M. Cespedes's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Health Alliance