Ratings for Dr. Marc J. Grella

He can be very impatient and rude, depending on his mood. His moods are too unpredictable. When I interviewed him to be my ped when I was pg he was nice. But after delivery, when I bought in my 36 week old preemie twins, he was so rude and complained that we did not book the appointment for 2 babies and he "didn't have enough time to see 2 babies"!! At this visit he was very impatient when asking me whether my milk had come in..as a first time mom on painkillers post C section I admit my mind was foggy, but I got no compassion from him. Despite this, we continued to see him until we couldn't take it any more. I recall a time when I brought in my son to have a blemish on his face checked, Dr. Grella did not so much as glance or say hello to my other two children, including a newborn who was also his patient! There is definitely a human-connection element missing in the way he interacts with people, it is just too unpredictable every time we went. Now we see someone else.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Dr. Grella is wonderful with children. Always takes the time to answer questions and is very respectful. The kids are never afraid to go to the Dr. He always explains anything he needs to do in a way that reassures the children. Love him!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Do not go to this Dr. He over inflates everything, does nor listen to what you are saying to him, forgot to give us a prescription and on another occasion forgot to order a test that we had just discussed which tells me he is forgetful. To add to this, he once rushed us because we had too many questions and unlike another posting never offered for us to contact him via email. It hit so bad that my husband and I would fight after each checkup and we are so glad we switched peds. His secretary is also rude and inappropriate. She had newspaper clippings on her desk that are highly inappropriate for a peds office. Bottom line - if you are looking for a good long term ped this is NOT the guy to go to!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Unlike a previous rating, we have had no issues with Dr. Grella. He has been our children's ped. since birth. We find him to be very pleasant and knowledgeable. He's always good about answering questions via email or during visits. Is always patient, and never rushes us through our visit, no matter how far behind his schedule may be. We also have never had a problem getting our children in for sick visits.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

On a follow up visit with him, this doctor told us a wrong result a day before the result even came out. I don't know why he would do that. He could just tell us the result hasn't come out yet and send us result later. But he chose to tell a phony one. He either checked test result on a wrong date or lied about test result. Either way, he is not a responsible doctor for doing that.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2007

Dr. Marc J. Grella's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1993)