Ratings for Dr. T. SCOTT Royster

Dr. Royster is a kind human being who has given me some good life advice over the years and is perfectly capable of treating minor health complaints, but I do not think he is very thorough. It can be hard to make prompt appointments with him, he has a habit of prescribing medications over the phone without seeing the patient at all, and the office is very negligent about follow-up appointments. I would think twice about trusting him to treat anything beyond basic colds and allergies.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

I see some negativity in the comments which I don't understand maybe you didn't hear what you wanted to hear or something. But I've been going to Dr. Royster for 20 yrs. and he has always helped me if he don't know what's wrong he will find out if it means sending me for test or sending me to a Dr. who specializes in that field. He is a kind and caring person.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Doctor Royster should have had his license revoked years ago.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015

I have been seeing dr Scott. For years and would not think of wanting to see anyone else's!! He gives you all his attention is a great doctor and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr. Royster is a phenomenal doctor. I was 27, active and seeing an asthma specialist for shortness of breath, bloody sputum, rapid heart rate and intense chest pain for roughly a month. I went in to see doctor royster (my family MD) rather than the specialist due to her being out of town, and he immediately ran a d-dimer blood test on me after asking if I was still on a certain birth control medication and knowing that it was a large blood clot risk. They kept the office open until the results came back that night at which point he immediately sent me for a ct-scan. They were easily able to diagnose me with multiple bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms. I ended up being friends with the radiologist, and he stated that had Dr. Royster not known what he did and sent me that day, that I likely wouldn't have made it another night. Dr. Royster had limited information on my current state that day, and was able to diagnose a deadly condition based on obscure facts from me.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Really don’t want to blame the good reviewers below and i don’t usually write review but in this case i was totally disappointed in this person. I had a good Family physician but due to distance i want to change and i got my first appointment with him. 1) The office is neat but record maintenance or other thing, still they are stuck in 1980 2) Front staffs really don’t have much knowledge on the current insurance trends/rude/just trying to please their doctor where he has to move and sit etc. 3) Coming to the doctor. Wow ! i expected a good knowledge and explain things to my problem. All he did is write (record in 1980 style) about my issues on a paper and just said will get an appointment to the specialist, and asked any other issues ? Kidding me? - I can ask my friend to write that notes why a doctor ? 4) He may be good for general fever and cold but sure not more than that. 5) The fun part is his insurance claim, he is 2-3 times more than any best doctor charges (even more than specialist).Spoke to my insurance and even they were surprised on his charges but they said the code he claimed is what make the difference. Wondering taking notes can cost so much ? I am glad i dint transfer my record from my previous physician (he is best doctor and I am glad dint loose him for distance)

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

To the negative's Dr. Royster is a doctor not God! I have been seeing him for years and have never had a problem getting an appointment, What I like most about him is he takes the time to listen to what you are saying and has never had a problem sending me to a specialist when he felt it was needed, so many doctors will try to treat it there self. He is a very compassionate doctor! I have never had a problem with any of his staff as a matter of fact this is unusual , my husband see's many doctors and as a rule there is always on rude person, but I have not found this at Dr Roysters office. The greatest quality a doctor can have is listening to a patient and not hesitating to send them to a specialist when he or she feels it necessary. Dr. Royster has both ! I would recommend him to any one and trust him with anyone in my family. Thanks Dr. Royster and Staff.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Very good Doctor, but hard to get appointment and someone on the phone. Staff can be rude and does not call back quickly (sometimes not even same day). The staff also requires you to pay a co-pay when you do not have one.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2012

I am going to go to another doctor. The staff is rude and arrogant. They don't treat you well. I stuck with these folks for over 10 years, but after my visit and ill treatment by the front office in Sep 2011, I won't go back. I have very good insurance, and I always pay anything and everything without question. But they charged me twice on the same day, and some outlandish things like 100 bucks for pulling a file out of a cabinet. I am most disappointed and alas, now looking for a quality family health care office.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr. T. SCOTT Royster's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1986)

Kaiser-Permanente