Ratings for Dr. Sammy Chan

I don't know how anyone could have anything negative to say about Dr. Chan. He has been my cardiologist for almost 20 years and I have found him to be one of the best in the field. He is very knowledgeable, very approachable, and very caring. He also has a fine sense of humour. A pox on those who would rate him at anything less than 8/10. If you don't like this man, you probably don't like yourself.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Chan has been my cardiologist for 10 years. I have found him to be unfailingly knowledgeable, courteous and practical in his demeanour and advice. He is easy to talk with; I always feel respected as a patient, never taken lightly -- although he does have quite a delightful sense of humour. In short: I have seen no trace of the negative aspects reported by some others on this website and would highly recommend his services.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012

this "cardiologist" is out of his mind or try to kill me ? tell me to stop taking my blood thinner - well documented as far back 2008 that CVD patients at high risk of death if stopping blood thinner abruptly. - what kind of MD we have in BC ! He seems good at beginning - now don't care whatever you tell him. He just agree to whatever you say OMG - what's the point of seeing him if his intention is to kill me ?

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

I am very appreciative, respectful and thankful for the good care that Dr. Sammy Chan has given me over the last 2 1/2 years. He is very punctual and goes out of his way to fit in a much needed appt.; seemed to give up his lunch break on several occasions; worked late without any signs of stress or resentment of giving up this time; easy to contact through his receptionist or the case manager at the Healthy Heart Program. I felt that he was caring and open to discussion; asked for my input and thoughts on several occasions, and at the end of every appt. he asked if I had any more questions.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Poor communicator. He is not compassionate, and showed no empathy.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2008

Very unhelpul and uncommunicative, in fact was rude and totally lacking in compassion when asked to clarify what was going on with my daughter's condition. Did not appear to care and acted as if he found our questions irritating and annoying. Agree to meet and talk with us at certain time and then walked right by without giving us a second glance. When we called him back to speak with us, he rolled his eyes and exhibited other signs of impatience and disinterest. This man was totally lacking in humanity.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

Practical, empathetic,incisive, extremely knowledgeable, focused, and sets out the situation and options quietly completely and invites your input. A fine man and an exceptional cardiac specialist.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2007