Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Silverman

Stay away. Poor bedside manner and incompetent. Wasted a couple years with Dr. L Silverman. He concluded no problem with my son without ordering growth stimulant test or MRI. Pediatrician insisted my son's growth is abnormal. So we went to Weil Cornell. After series of test and MRI scan, it reveals abnormality of his pituitary gland. My son started treatment right away.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

This man is not a good doctor. He put my son on growth hormone without doing an MRI of his pituitary gland and shortly afterward when I brought my son in because he was peeing and drinking a lot he told me to get an humidifier, nothing is wrong with him, my home was just too warm. During this time my son had a malignant tumor on his pituitary gland. Three weeks after this visit I took my son to his pediatrician Dr. Fern Gotfried, and she diagnosed it in less than 5 minutes. Wish I had gone to her first. Condition called diabetes insipidus and in my son's case it was due to this malignancy on his pituitary gland. Shame on you, Dr. Silverman. This was endocrinology 101 and you dismissed me as an overprotective mom.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Good doctor, never had a problem with waiting like some others have stated. His bedside manner takes some getting used to, he kinda scares my son a little bit but he means well and just wants to get thru to him, he's a teen so he is stubborn sometimes. His staff is great, nurse Elaine is wonderful. We like him and we like to Goryeb Children's Hosp.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2009

Inconsiderate of patient's time, overbooked.Rude, poor communicator, would not politely discuss a protocol we inquired about. Not up to date on new treatments. Went to a diff doctor got 2 new treatment protocols. Advised the head of the practice.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2008

Dr. Silverman is very a very competent ped endo. I have not always agreed with him, but I can't argue with his results. The Atlantic Health Systems ped system is great. If your child ever needs a procedure, the Goryeb Children's Hospital in Morristown, NJ is wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

my son has been a pt for 10 yrs. We think he is a great doctor. The entire department is a pleasure to work with - very helpful always smiling!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

made us wait an hour after appt time. verbally unpleasant.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2007

Dr. Lawrence Silverman's Credentials

• Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch, New Brunswick Nj 08901 (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ