Ratings for Dr. John L. Thayer

I have had several experiences with Dr. Thayer and his staff. I have found them consistently excellent. Dr. Thayer himself is very knowledgeable, providing me great information to allow me to decide what surgeries or procedures are best for me.. His manner and personality are very good as well. DJG.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

This is Dr John Thayer responding to 9/25/2012 review: I am sorry that you feel this way. I apologize if you felt my staff was rude or in a rush to handle scheduling of your appointment. Sometimes the office can be extremely busy with many lines ringing at once and others on hold. I will speak to my staff regarding your points. As far as paying half up front, insurance companies, unfortunately do not cover every procedure and surgeries can be quite expensive, and for some procedures, we ask that a deposit be made. We try to work with patients as much as possible and take proactive steps to make certain their account is current.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

The staff at the front desk was good, There was new people at the front desk so maybe that's why I had a different experience than other patients. They were punctual when we arrive but we did had to wait a while when calling by phone, they are very helpful once you get thru. Dr. Thayers PA has always been very nice and helpful and when it comes to Dr. Thayer three words AWSOME, CARING, PROFESSIONAL. The knowledge that he has is one of the best if not the best.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2013

Front office staff is ridiculous. Had to almost scream at someone on the phone to even get them to schedule the appointment for when Dr Thayer said he wanted it. Upon arrival they couldn't even find the appointment so made us wait 20 min to track down his PA. Waited another 30 min to be taken back to the room plus more in the room. We saw the doc almost 2 hours after we arrived. Dr. Thayer himself is very nice and reasonable in his approach. When later called office for prescription refill, waited several days for them to even return the call.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Wow, where do you even begin? How Proliance finds so many rude people to all work in one spot is beyond me. It started with making the appointment, I sat on hold for 30+ minutes just to schedule. The girl who answered the phone (Caitlin) talked so quickly and was in such a rush to get me off the phone that I should have known right then and there to find someone else. Girls on check in were miserable wenches who shouldn't have jobs. Dr. Thayer was fine. Needed surgery. Went to schedule was told I had to pay half up front. So much for health CARE. Cancelled my surgery and went somewhere else. Hope this business plan works out for whoever is running this looney bin!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2012

Regarding the front desk, is there a score less than 1? Just horrible! And I always felt they were all basically the same. Nope! The level of rudeness to the patients was stunning. Anybody who gives the front desk a high rating makes their whole review suspect, in my opinion. As for the doctor, he misdiagnosed me even though months of pain could've been avoided by doing a simple MRI. Worse, his behavior become unprofessional when I questioned him about it (he stopped listening to me and answering my questions). Very shocking. Worst experience I've ever had with a medical office.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Great doc, conservative, wants to do all non-surgical things first, tells it like it is, does not beat around the bush when you ask for a straight honest answer. He does not make it sound like it is horrible or the worst, but he is honest about what he believes the results will be with/for you. Very friendly, I live 45 minutes away and would not change to another doctor. He writes everything out for you so you can research what he has told you that is wrong, tells you what you need to do to get stronger before you choose surgery. Always has a smile for you when he walks in, and asks about the book you may be reading,if you have a book with you, or the music you may be listening to if you have an Ipod with you. Takes an interest in you not only as a patient but as a person.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2011

Dr. Thayer was great, he was very caring and made me feel comfortable. The office staff was also very nice. I was able to make an appointment right away and was seen right when I got to they're office.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Front desk is very rude. Dr Thayer misdiagnosed me and refused to admit it and put me through much physical pain and more damage to my knee. He was not honest with my situation. Was not there for me and was also rude. Had to find another doc to fix his mistake.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2009

Dr. John L. Thayer's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Top Hospitals in Bellevue, WA