Ratings for Dr. Beverley Cassidy

I have been seeing Dr. Cassidy for quite a few years with many problens and issues. I went initially because of my OCD and anxiety and depression. She has been very professional, up-front, knowledgeable, accessible, kind, caring and is always genuine and very in tune with what's happening in my life. She helps me with medications, she gives great advice, she walks me through processes that have a more positive outcome, she allows me to vent and talk about different topics. I have struggled with mental illness for my entire adult life and also have physi cal medical issues which can make life difficult. I have had work related issues, family issues relationship issues and she has always made me feel respected and appreciated. She is very calming to be in the presence of as well. Initially, I had to wait a period of time to get in to see her, I can honestly say... "She was well worth the wait!" Thank you, Dr. Cassidy for helping me understand who I am and being comfortable with that!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I was referred to Dr Cassidy by a phisician because I couldn't afford a psychologist. I went to see Dr Cassidy at least 10 times. I was struggling with severe anxiety. She prescribed medication that helped but counseling was on a very low level. It was more of a friendly advice than professional help. She didn't seem to care about helping me beyond medication. Later in life when I could afford a psychologist I could see tremendous difference in counselling.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

Excellent doctor. She helped my depression so much. Thank you!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

Dr. Cassidy appears to be her own staff, i.e., answers the phone, etc. She helped me get off a long-time addiction to Valium after taking only one a night over a period of 14-15 years for a neck problem. I attempted to stop taking Valium without medical advice, but ended up with rapid heart beat, and a host of internal and mental miseries. Over a period of months, with her expertise and patience, I am now totally free of it. I sleep much better, am relaxed normally, and am not suffering the odd minor delusion as previously. Thank you, Dr. Beverley Cassidy!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

I went to Dr Cassidy in regards to being trans male. She helped me through the first few steps to get me in the right direction. The only reason I had stopped going was because of work obligations. I would recommend her to anyone that is looking for someone that cares about their patients.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2013

Great doctor. She has helped me so much with my OCD and I am really grateful for her help.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2013

I started seeing Dr Cassidy about 8 months ago. I had been unable to find a Psyciatrist in the Valley area whom I trusted and felt comfortable with, since my move back to the Valley from Ottawa. I have struggled with Chronic Depression & Anxiety for half of my life. This lady is, in my opinion, an awesome Psychiatrist. Dr Cassidy has me on the right track to gaining back the happiness in life which has been missing for many years. She is kind, very knowledgeable, and is a master of the medication/therapy combination required to fight mental health issues. I cannot thank her enough for her sincere interest and understanding. Anyone seeking help with Mental Health issues will flourish with this Doctor's wealth of knowledge as long as they themselves are honest, sincere, and are trult wanting to improve or beat their Mental Health issues. Kudoos to Dr Beverley Cassidy. DF - New Minas, NS

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

I went to this lady a few times and then decided not to go back. I went for depression following my job loss. I found her uninterested in my point of view on my issues. She told me to leave my boyfriend. She was unresponsive when I brought up my recovery in a 12 step program. She made it clear that I would be billed over $100 dollars if I did not cancel an appointment on time. She was professional in manner, but cold and unresponsive. She gave my recommendations that my mother could have done. She didn't try to see who I really was.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2013

Not to be to snarky to those with a negative opinion of Dr. Cassidy but, I am sincerely glad you are seeking treatment. Your viewpoint is your own but I must strongly disagree. I have been seeing Dr.Cassidy for a number of years and I am not only better but I am changing and growing with her advice and medications. If she had been all fluffy and all over me in the first few visits I'd have walked out the door. She waited for me to work at trusting her and letting my guard down. She has always returned my calls, worked appointments to my schedule and has gone out of her way to see me through other physical illnesses I am battling. She has called me at home to see how I am doing andI have never had that courtesy from any doctor of any kind. She is fnny, brilliant, patient,kind and lets me be free to be who I really am in front of her. I couldn't manage without her and I appreciate her more than she knows...Thanks Dr. Cassidy.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Awesome doc. Really helped me with my panic disorder. Wish I'd seen her years ago. Also very kind. Can't say enough good about this doc,

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012