Ratings for Dr. Jonathan R. Kurtis

Dr. Kurtis was verbally abusive, refused treatment and made excuses for sloppy medical care. He was hostile, unkempt, unprofessional and entirely inappropriate with me. He shouted at me when i said i needed to recover full use of my hands, "I don't know about musicians and athletes! I have plenty of patients who 'get by' with hammer finger and other problems!" Half of his practice's name is "Sports Medicine." I'm sorry, but i need and am entitled to full medical care, which includes treatment that leads to full recovery of functional ability. My injuries are not major. I don't know if Kurtis was being ugly toward me out of racism or if he's just a bad doctor, but either way, it's completely unacceptable. I waited forever to see a Dr. I was treated by people with no more than associate's and bachelor's degrees. I was verbally abused by Kurtis who tried to refuse me basic treatment. He reluctantly referred me for physical therapy when i insisted. I am person reaching senior status and have experience as a patient in orthopedics. The way i was treated by Dr. Kurtis was unlike any experience i've had with a Dr. before - just horrible and inexcusable.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2019

I needed this doctor for three problems Arthritis-He referred me to a specialist in arthritis/reumotology. The second problem was a broken right leg which he set and after 3 days in the hospital set again and after 7 months of cast changes the leg was well. The third problem was a left knee replacement which had a problematic recovery, which he managed, but today, I walk with a cane and my back has several problems.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2007

Dr. Jonathan R. Kurtis's Credentials

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1972)