Ratings for Dr. Alison R. Holloway

Made an appointment with Dr Alison Holloway 11:00 am 2/18/16. Scheduling office sent me to the wrong building, this caused me to be 15 minutes late. Upon arrival I was turned away due to being late. I had a 102.7 fever and walking pneumonia. I could bearly stand and this heartless group of women sent me away because I was late. They told the patient ahead of me that they were running 30 minutes late! I was 15 minutes late and turned away, very ill. What kind of doctors office does that. One that clearly does not care about people in general. I will never set foot in that place again and send warning to all others: see a Doctor who cares not one that will turn you away in your hour of need!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

dr holloway had me addicted to powerful psychological drugs that almost ruined my life. I only stopped taking them when I got pregnant & it was so hard to wean myself off the medications. The straw that broke the camels back was when she told me to let my infant cry it out & not nurse him at night. If I stayed on the meds she prescribed I probably would have died. My baby saved my life & I will do whatever it takes to give him the comfort & love he needs.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

My family & I have been going for years, no more. The office staff is not very nice, always rushed. The doctor is always on the computer & not with the patient. My son's physical was about 3 minutes with all his clothes on, terrible. She just prescribes drugs! I leave with 5 new prescriptions I don't need. Terrible, I would not recommend!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Hollway has been our family physician for over 15 years. She is pleasant, approachable, knowledgeable, and I have followed her to each of her new locations. She is fantastic!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

She is wonderful! Listens and takes her time with you with each and every visit. :)

flag | Submitted March 17, 2011

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

I have been with Dr. Holloway for years, before she moved her practice to Grayslake. Her office staff is untimely, her reception is rude and un-informed. Expect to wait! Over time, my tolerance with her practice has diminished. Especially with my latest health issues. She usually has to pull out her "little black book" to find a prescription or correct dosage, which I find odd. Expect to be told to come back frequently for a follow up, to be charged for an unnecessary visit. Lastly, a recent pull of a my medical history report showed that I had two unknown diseases... All of which were un-beknown to me. I think I would know if I had Aphasia! Overall, stay away.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

Her staff made all the pain I was in worse. I was falsely informed by her receptionist, they are not compassionate and her follow up is horrible. Her staff no the dr. seem to have no understanding of needs. They were unhelpful and did not want to spend time getting to know their patients like they should. Holloway just takes her time coming into the room a half hour later and sees you for only five minutes. Once I am done dealing with my current medical situation I will be getting her and her ungracious staff out of my life

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Although her staff can be a bit harried, not outgoing (shy it seems) and can put you on hold for a long time, Dr Holloway is fabulous. We trust her to her family medicine confidently. She listens, has great compassion and has expertly treated every issue professionally and efficiently. She also answers questions online.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Best Doctor I've every had. She really sits and listens to me as well as takes the time to explain things to me.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Alison R. Holloway's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1991)

AHC