Dr. Martha B. Boone

Ratings for Dr. Martha B. Boone

I was referred to dr Boone by my gynecologist. She did some ultrasound scans and asked several questions. I had to get some more tests done and return for a cystoscopy. Her nurse was so nice and explained everything in detail which put me a little more at ease. Dr Boone came in and was explaining what we were seeing on the monitor. I was so distracted. That I truly felt no discomfort at all. I had brought a list of questions that she gladly answered I felt very comfortable talking to her and her nurse. The rest of her staff I spoke with regarding insurance and appointments were all equally as nice. Wonderful practice.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Dr. Boone and her staff are exceptional. I have had multiple Urologists over my life time and I have to say Dr. Boone and her staff are the best. The staff is always friendly, helpful and easy to communicate with. Elizabeth, her nurse, is without a doubt one of the most caring nurses I have ever had the pleasure to know. She takes great care not to hurt you in any way, to explain what she is doing and will answer any question with a smile. Dr. Boone has literally been my lifeline. I was to the point of incontinence at a relatively young age and I had tried every medication available. Dr. Boone suggested Botox, explained all the pros and cons and I eagerly went ahead and tried it. It has worked great for me and I am eternally grateful! She stays on top of current trends in treatment and is knowledgable on the latest cutting edge additional options available. I recommend her to anyone and everyone I hear of who needs a Urologist. I have 3 family members seeing her now. We are all very pleased with her professionalism and quick wit. She and her staff are a joy to be around. There is always a smile or chuckle to be had and I feel as if I am visiting friends when I have to go. She is top-notch and held in high regard by not only her direct peers but by those on the periphery of her speciality. I can't think of anyone who I would recommend more favorably than Dr. Boone.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

I have had a phenomonal experience with Dr. Boone and her staff. If it's possible to say you have fun and enjoy going to a Urology office, than I will go ahead and say that about my time at Dr. Boone's office. I come from the medical industry, so I've been in literally thousands of offices and hospitals. Dr. Boone cares. She takes time to connect and discuss symptoms, and then reviews her impressions and recommendations at length. She truly wants you to understand your symptoms, the implications, and the next steps. The staff is organized and friendly managing the scheduling, tests, and follow-ups. I highly recommend and rate Dr. Boone as an exceptional Urologist!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

The rudest physician I ever met. She screamed at when I called to report I was having a severe allergic reaction to the Med she prescribed. She is a miserable person with no sympathy fur her patients.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Boone’s for about 10 years. Most of my visits have been to discuss or modify treatments for Interstitial Cystitis and to verify that none of the symptoms that we think are IC are masking anything more serious. She has always shown concern for this uncomfortable and difficult to treat condition. I have always spoken admirably of Dr. Boone to my friends but a recent experience with a kidney stone absolutely moved her to the top of My Best Doctors list. I had had a kidney stone about 8 years ago so instantly knew what the source of the pain was that woke me up at 5AM on Thanksgiving morning. A trip to the ER got the pain under control by later that morning. Moderately painful attacks continued for the next three days and then stopped. I had hoped that this meant that, despite my best efforts to catch the stone, it had passed without my noticing it. A visit to Dr. Boone later in the week indicated otherwise. The following Saturday, I was back in the ER in uncontrollable pain with a recommendation that a stent be inserted. Dr. Boone arrived at the hospital a short time later, explained the procedure in thorough detail to me and by late afternoon I was back home and functioning again. Lab reports provided to Dr. Boone a few days later unfortunately revealed that I had picked up a highly antibiotic resistant bacterial infection on my first visit to the ER and plans that had been in place to extract the stone had to be placed on hold until the infection could be cleared up. Dr. Boone and her staff were in nearly daily contact with me and providing me with both needed pain medications and emotional support while we waited for the infection to resolve. At the first sign that the infection was clearing Dr. Boone’s staff worked their negotiating magic to arrange an operating room for me despite this being only a couple days before Christmas. I went into the operating room completely confident in Dr. Boone’s ability having developed an open and honest doctor-patient relationship over the previous several weeks. I can’t say enough kind things about the nurses on Dr. Boone’s staff. They showed great compassion for me and went out of their way to make sure that all my needs and questions were addressed. The front office staff always greeted me with a smile and a true concern about my well-being. For the record, Dr. Boone is not in my insurance network but her fees were more than reasonable. Dr. Boone has definitely earned the distinction of one of Atlanta’s Top Doctors. Many thanks for your care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Horrible doctor and extremely rude person. Made me pay for office visit although insurance coverage was confirmed. Performed no treatment but ordered several scans. When the treatment plan was questioned, and a peer review was ordered by my insurance - she dropped me as a patient. She didn't inform me of this. I learned of her abandonment from my insurance company when i called about another matter. Terrible doctor and person

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Horrible experience. Very condescending and rude - asked if I regreted my life choices. Ordered several scans for a kidney stone and when insurance requested a peer review of her treatment plan she said I had to go to a different doctor. She or her office didn't inform me of this - I found out when I called my insurance with a different question. A horrible doctor and a worse person.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I have found Dr. Boone to be a great blessing. She helped me immensely with what has been a chronic issue. I'd gone to several doctors and had not been able to find a solution. Dr. Boone has changed that! Best of all this is with little invasive and/or prescriptive care. I like the more natural solution. I like Dr. Boone and will be sticking with this practice for the foreseeable future.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

Sounds like she was looking for an office that did not require payment! Hard to find these days.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Let me start off by I didn't even make it to meet this Dr. Boone at my appointment today but the overall management of the practice is poor. I made an appointment yesterday at 9:30am for today 1:40pm. This morning I woke up with a missed call and voicemail in regards of my "insurance". I called back and Julie the billing manager told me my insurance was terminated, which was strange considering I have my new insurance card in my hand and used it for doctor appointments 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I gave her my information again and she said "great, everything is in, all good and see you later." I printed out all the packet of paper you "HAVE" to fill out because they won't take you otherwise, one of which asks you to call and get every detail of your insurance stating you talked to a provider and reference number of the call. I did so. I get there, check in, and Julie calls me back and tells me AGAIN that it's terminated. I told her no and that I literally just talked to him but I'll call again confirm that it's not and get my insurance to give them a call. She tells me "well we already tried twice so we can keep your appointment but you can pay out of pocket." Um.... How about no. Why did she even wait till I got there? And told me 10:30am this morning that everything is now worked out. Not cool. I have one of the best insurance for a reason and one of those reasons is not to pay money out of pocket for money vampires. I went along with calling my insurance to confirm that my insurance wasn't terminated and they didn't know what Julie was talking about because everything is set to go and that their practice is in my network. I went back into the office to inform Julie because clearly she's confused, can't hear or doesn't know how to do her job. Front desk told me she's on the phone with someone else's insurance for the same reasons but she'll call me to reschedule. HA please, save your time and your breath. I called off work and hired a babysitter so I can come to this joke of an appointment. The two hours of this back and forth was a COMPLETE waste of my time and very unprofessional. First impressions are everything and if that is how I'm treated the first 30 minutes of stepping into the waiting room. No thanks. After reading the reviews is mind blowing to see this is all to familiar and unfortunately that this is how poorly they treat their patients. It's kind fucked up considering you're dealing with people's health and lives. You don't like for bad reviews? It's because people take it personally when you treat them like a rat. It comes hand and hand. Maybe turn things around, treat people with respect, you might have more pleasant reviews along with happy patients. Wow, what a crazy thought right? You're a doctor. That's what you do. I've never once have been in this situation with any doctors nor have they pushed me to pay out of pocket on the spot. It showed me how rude and desperate the doctor is for money. Maybe she should consider another profession if she's that thirsty for dollar signs. All in all, I won't be "rescheduling" just so her office can ask for me to pay out of pocket again. It's honestly pitiful. So, for all the people who got sucked into this awful chronicle of events with is poorly managed practice. I feel you. I'm glad to know it wasnt just me and this is how the office is run. Tsk tsk... Shame on you the " the overall practice of Dr. Boone".

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Martha B. Boone's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)