Ratings for Dr. Martha B. Boone

I have been a patient of Dr. Boone’s for about 10 years. Most of my visits have been to discuss or modify treatments for Interstitial Cystitis and to verify that none of the symptoms that we think are IC are masking anything more serious. She has always shown concern for this uncomfortable and difficult to treat condition. I have always spoken admirably of Dr. Boone to my friends but a recent experience with a kidney stone absolutely moved her to the top of My Best Doctors list. I had had a kidney stone about 8 years ago so instantly knew what the source of the pain was that woke me up at 5AM on Thanksgiving morning. A trip to the ER got the pain under control by later that morning. Moderately painful attacks continued for the next three days and then stopped. I had hoped that this meant that, despite my best efforts to catch the stone, it had passed without my noticing it. A visit to Dr. Boone later in the week indicated otherwise. The following Saturday, I was back in the ER in uncontrollable pain with a recommendation that a stent be inserted. Dr. Boone arrived at the hospital a short time later, explained the procedure in thorough detail to me and by late afternoon I was back home and functioning again. Lab reports provided to Dr. Boone a few days later unfortunately revealed that I had picked up a highly antibiotic resistant bacterial infection on my first visit to the ER and plans that had been in place to extract the stone had to be placed on hold until the infection could be cleared up. Dr. Boone and her staff were in nearly daily contact with me and providing me with both needed pain medications and emotional support while we waited for the infection to resolve. At the first sign that the infection was clearing Dr. Boone’s staff worked their negotiating magic to arrange an operating room for me despite this being only a couple days before Christmas. I went into the operating room completely confident in Dr. Boone’s ability having developed an open and honest doctor-patient relationship over the previous several weeks. I can’t say enough kind things about the nurses on Dr. Boone’s staff. They showed great compassion for me and went out of their way to make sure that all my needs and questions were addressed. The front office staff always greeted me with a smile and a true concern about my well-being. For the record, Dr. Boone is not in my insurance network but her fees were more than reasonable. Dr. Boone has definitely earned the distinction of one of Atlanta’s Top Doctors. Many thanks for your care.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Horrible doctor and extremely rude person. Made me pay for office visit although insurance coverage was confirmed. Performed no treatment but ordered several scans. When the treatment plan was questioned, and a peer review was ordered by my insurance - she dropped me as a patient. She didn't inform me of this. I learned of her abandonment from my insurance company when i called about another matter. Terrible doctor and person

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Horrible experience. Very condescending and rude - asked if I regreted my life choices. Ordered several scans for a kidney stone and when insurance requested a peer review of her treatment plan she said I had to go to a different doctor. She or her office didn't inform me of this - I found out when I called my insurance with a different question. A horrible doctor and a worse person.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

I have found Dr. Boone to be a great blessing. She helped me immensely with what has been a chronic issue. I'd gone to several doctors and had not been able to find a solution. Dr. Boone has changed that! Best of all this is with little invasive and/or prescriptive care. I like the more natural solution. I like Dr. Boone and will be sticking with this practice for the foreseeable future.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Let me start off by I didn't even make it to meet this Dr. Boone at my appointment today but the overall management of the practice is poor. I made an appointment yesterday at 9:30am for today 1:40pm. This morning I woke up with a missed call and voicemail in regards of my "insurance". I called back and Julie the billing manager told me my insurance was terminated, which was strange considering I have my new insurance card in my hand and used it for doctor appointments 3 times in the last 2 weeks. I gave her my information again and she said "great, everything is in, all good and see you later." I printed out all the packet of paper you "HAVE" to fill out because they won't take you otherwise, one of which asks you to call and get every detail of your insurance stating you talked to a provider and reference number of the call. I did so. I get there, check in, and Julie calls me back and tells me AGAIN that it's terminated. I told her no and that I literally just talked to him but I'll call again confirm that it's not and get my insurance to give them a call. She tells me "well we already tried twice so we can keep your appointment but you can pay out of pocket." Um.... How about no. Why did she even wait till I got there? And told me 10:30am this morning that everything is now worked out. Not cool. I have one of the best insurance for a reason and one of those reasons is not to pay money out of pocket for money vampires. I went along with calling my insurance to confirm that my insurance wasn't terminated and they didn't know what Julie was talking about because everything is set to go and that their practice is in my network. I went back into the office to inform Julie because clearly she's confused, can't hear or doesn't know how to do her job. Front desk told me she's on the phone with someone else's insurance for the same reasons but she'll call me to reschedule. HA please, save your time and your breath. I called off work and hired a babysitter so I can come to this joke of an appointment. The two hours of this back and forth was a COMPLETE waste of my time and very unprofessional. First impressions are everything and if that is how I'm treated the first 30 minutes of stepping into the waiting room. No thanks. After reading the reviews is mind blowing to see this is all to familiar and unfortunately that this is how poorly they treat their patients. It's kind fucked up considering you're dealing with people's health and lives. You don't like for bad reviews? It's because people take it personally when you treat them like a rat. It comes hand and hand. Maybe turn things around, treat people with respect, you might have more pleasant reviews along with happy patients. Wow, what a crazy thought right? You're a doctor. That's what you do. I've never once have been in this situation with any doctors nor have they pushed me to pay out of pocket on the spot. It showed me how rude and desperate the doctor is for money. Maybe she should consider another profession if she's that thirsty for dollar signs. All in all, I won't be "rescheduling" just so her office can ask for me to pay out of pocket again. It's honestly pitiful. So, for all the people who got sucked into this awful chronicle of events with is poorly managed practice. I feel you. I'm glad to know it wasnt just me and this is how the office is run. Tsk tsk... Shame on you the " the overall practice of Dr. Boone".

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

My OBGYN referred me to her, and I am so happy he did. Dr. Boone diagnosed and treated my bladder cancer that turned out to be complicated. She consulted with experts on my behalf and offered options. I ultimately went to MD Anderson where my doctor there confirmed that Dr. Boone's treatment was exactly what he would've done. I am now back to Dr. Boone for life-long follow-ups. I feel cared-for at this practice and am confident I am in good hands. Dr. Boone has treated me a couple of times at Northside, and the health care professionals I encountered along the way all spoke very highly of Dr. Boone, as does her staff. I've never had an intolerable wait, and I've never felt rushed. Most importantly, she knows her stuff. I highly recommend Dr. Boone.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

flag | Submitted January 6, 2015

The patient care at Dr. Boone's office is unmatched. I have treated with her office for 13 years and have never considered another urologist. The nurses are amazing and take the time to help you. Dr. Boone is very attentive, helpful and caring. Excellent patient care has resulted in Dr. Boone rated the top urologist in Atlanta.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Office kept calling about bill my insurrance was to pay. The office would make appointments when the "Doctor" was not in, which seemed to be most of all my appointments. So they could not order tests or medicine for me. MAKE SURE THE DOCTOR IS IN WHEN YOU MAKE APPOINTMENTS. My foot doctor diagnosed what she could not and put me on the medicine that cured it! I agree with below first appoint she seemed to take lots of time., she is nice, but after that never saw her again, and her staff cant be doctors! Wonder why she moved from down here in Sandy Springs?

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Martha B. Boone's Credentials

• University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Boone’s for about 10 years. Most of my visits have been to discuss or modify treatments for Interstitial Cystitis and to verify tha..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible doctor and extremely rude person. Made me pay for office visit although insurance coverage was confirmed. Performed no treatment but ordered several sc..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience. Very condescending and rude - asked if I regreted my life choices. Ordered several scans for a kidney stone and when insurance requested a ..."

August 27, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have found Dr. Boone to be a great blessing. She helped me immensely with what has been a chronic issue. I'd gone to several doctors and had not been able t..."

June 20, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Sounds like she was looking for an office that did not require payment! Hard to find these days."

June 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Let me start off by I didn't even make it to meet this Dr. Boone at my appointment today but the overall management of the practice is poor. I made an appointme..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My OBGYN referred me to her, and I am so happy he did. Dr. Boone diagnosed and treated my bladder cancer that turned out to be complicated. She consulted wit..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Nurse as very nice and carrying. Doctor extremely rude and acted as if there was no solution."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The patient care at Dr. Boone's office is unmatched. I have treated with her office for 13 years and have never considered another urologist. The nurses are a..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Office kept calling about bill my insurrance was to pay. The office would make appointments when the "Doctor" was not in, which seemed to be most of all my app..."

September 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I first saw DR Boone last Winter when I needed a series of tests done. Her office made every effort to squeeze me in so that I could get the appointment in bef..."

September 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=111255'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.4

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Martha" to "Martha B."

October 20, 2013