Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

Great doctor. Very easy to talk to and isn't a pill pusher. He's also very punctual.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have seen a lot of psychiatrists in my life and I have to say, Dr. Doyle is by far the best one. He seems to really care and takes his time to listen. He's always there when I need him, unlike most doctors I have been to. I also don't think I have ever had to wait longer than 5 minutes to see him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

All you nut cases that don't like him need to grow up! He is by far the only psychiatrist that is genuine, cares, and is not a pill pusher. Just because he had an affair with a patient means nothing. She was probably a nutcase looking for attention!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Was my doctor at CVH a nightmare. Misdiagnosed me with borderline personality disorder when I've had bipolar for 15 years. Terrible at prescribing medication. I would never recommend this doctor. Especially after hearing about the inappropriate misconduct

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I am thankful to have Dr. C Doyle as my psychiatrist. He has honestly provided me with excellent mental health care for about the past five years since a serious inpatient hospitalization in 2009. I have a brain injury in addition to several mental health disturbances and I cannot be an easy patient to help and have not found many psychiatrists and psychologists helpful whatsoever. So, thankfully I get to see Dr. Doyle, I hope he retires when he is 100 and that I still get to see him every month until that. I know with Dr. Doyle that I can completely trust him 100% to support me in maintaining the utmost excellent mental health possible. I have no real problems with this doctor and I am extremely critical of everything. The issue is that there is not enough of him to go around. I hope more young doctors can be as enlightened and unbiased and bracketed in the provision of health care as this angel. Dr. Doyle is not as punctual as someone who is mentally ill might expect. Remember this is only my experience and patients probably have the most insidious and pervasive biases. I am (almost) always at least 5 minutes early and am not impressed when I have to wait even ten minutes in the waiting room so fortunately that doesn't happen often and when it does it is very acceptable as his skills were obviously needed elsewhere and it was obviously more serious. Thanks to all the help along the way from Dr Doyle and my family I am able to maintain a healthy and fairly regular lifestyle which is a miracle considering where we began. Dr Doyle is not a magician, he is an excellent physician who can only help a patient who is willing to put in just as much effort into their own recovery and at times that may mean acting as your own advocate which is okay because it is a big ugly world out there that will eat you up and spit you out but all Dr. Doyle does is help you prepare yourself for that, he is not the enemy, he is not a friend either, there are clear boundaries with this doctor and that is something that I can tell he really works to maintain the integrity of. I would probably have killed myself if it was not for the help Dr. Doyle has provided me and it deeply pains me to admit that. Dr. Doyle provides life saving medical care and does it very well. He might improve by having more options (programs, groups, workshops, etc) for patients to do but (that is on the system as a whole) I appreciate that he has enough discretion not to throw me into a group that is not right for me. Hopefully he will offer more transitional care in the way of programs but still does an excellent job supporting healthy eating habits, exercise, healthy interpersonal friendships and relationships, hobbies, work life balance etc. I have noticed he is able to analyze my problems if needed and identify serious attachment/addiction/delusion/cognitive distortion etc and bring me back to earth much better than well paid psychologists and does that while assessing my affect and prescribing only the necessary medications. I have to say Dr. Doyle is not a pill pusher at all as I was actually over prescribed various types of sedatives/antipsychotics/and stimulants by other doctors previously and now take a very reasonable amount of medication that as a conscientious person I have no hesitations with. Compared to previous doctors, thankfully I actually find Dr Doyle doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut shell. I am thankful that he became a doctor and that I have been fortunate enough to see him, I can only wish that I get to see him for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Simply the best doctor ever. Has saved my life and helped me get over my addictions.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

He has been a life saver/changer for me. I see him from cmh and has stayed late or come early to fit me in when I've needed to see him sooner than scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Good Doc overall. A bit unprofessional but in a good way. Funny Doc takes his time and seems to enjoy talking about your personal life.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Doyle has been nothing but patient and real with me. He is very genuine when speaking with me. He listens carefully and does not just throw medication my way. He makes you feel comfortable and at ease with which you are and what you're dealing with. Never did I feel rushed. He takes his time.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Shows no signs of genuinely caring about his patients. Only there for a paycheque.

Submitted November 22, 2015