Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

He has had lots of inappropriate conduct (actions, words) towards his secretaries and multiple patients he brings into the room at the same time. I understand he has been counselled for previous misconduct against him. He has contributed towards lots of experiments conducted by Trillium Health Partners, which is why he is still in practice. His secretaries or him should at least notify patients of being disciplined before taking them on.

Submitted April 18, 2017

Dr. Doyle was often late with appointments, sometimes by 45 minutes. He did not address the root problem, and greatly oversimplified my issue. He knew one of my acquaintances that was in a story of mine, and made a comment about them that demonstrated that he was no longer acting impartial or unbiased. The therapist that I saw in between appointments at his office, as per his recommendation, was not licensed and did not have the proper medical background (therefore no insurance coverage). As I am seeing another doctor now, and have realized what professional care in this field looks like, I was compelled to write this review. Choosing a doctor is a very personal choice. I was not impressed with Dr. Doyle. He was also suspended in the past - this might be an issue for some, and might not for others. Had I had known, I probably would have requested another referral.

Submitted March 21, 2017

I am not sure why his past is still being called in to question. He was cleared and reinstated after his disciplinary action. I have seen nothing but professionalism from him the past couple of years I have been treated by him. He has stuck by me when others have given up.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Dr does not give up on you. Seems very up to date on latest diagnosises

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

This was my first time that I've had to swallow my pride and admit to someone that I am suffering from depression, and anger issues. I will admit that I was a HUGE skeptic about shrinks. How can somebody know what I was going throug?, how can they tell me what to do, etc, etc. Also Ive read a book call The-Rapists which is a word play on psychiatrist......anyways, enough of that. I swallowed my pride and walked in as scared as could be........lets just say that i will never prejudge anyone ever again... Not only did doctor doyle listen to my boring life story, but I tell by his gentle approch , warrented questions, and a whole list solutions, that this doctor was great at his job. He made feel so comfortable and he made 95% of the interview just about me. I will be going back for more visits soon for sure. Too bad there wasnt a 1000* rating because he would have it right beside his name. Great doctor and great caring human being!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Dr Doyle treated me while I was a patient at CVH in 2001. He is a dangerous man to see for those who are extremely vulnerable and impressionable. At that time I was both of those things- having experienced disassociation for the first time. While I was under his care he invited other patients into the office during our session for an introduction. Still unsure if he was trying to play matchmaker or just amused by the prospect of two of his patients interacting while he watched. Dr. Doyle went on to tell me personal details about about other patients in his care during our appointments. This man is the very definition of paternalistic. He seems to truly believe that mental illness is due to character flaws. Dr Doyle has proven that he does not respect boundaries and uses his power as a physician to act out his own issues. His own biases and disrespect towards those he attempts to help are sure to damage the self-esteem of any one who doesn't see themselves as a hapless victim. Avoid him if you can!

Submitted January 18, 2017

He is the best doctor that ever walked the face of the earth!!! He helped me for many years!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Was very disappointed to hear of his suspension and fine due to sexual misconduct. Hopefully he'll never do that again. There are plenty of people who he can date who are NOT former patients, for heavens sake!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I saw Dr. Doyle for the first time when he was fresh out of residency in the summer of 1998. He was the only psychiatrist available to take an emergency in the middle of the summer. For the next year, this doctor guided me to understand my mental condition. He diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and a tendency to develop psychotic episodes. He was fundamental in educating my husband on how to take care of me in a crisis, on teaching me how to ground myself in my surroundings when my mind seemed to take hold of me. Unfortunately, I left Canada in 2002, and never saw him again. When I was about to leave, he made contact with my future dr., and sent him a letter explaining my medical history, making sure I had a smooth transition to my new home. He was an excellent professional, caring for the entire person, not the 45 minutes client in front of him. I owe him my sanity, and the continuation of care I needed at the time. Most of what I learned from him, still carries me through in times of crisis. I wish him well, although I am too far away now to be his client again.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have been getting help by Dr.Doyle for years. I have had opportunity to change because of distance but l travel to keep him as my phyciatrist. He is truly caring about his patients. I couldn't imagine going to a different doctor. He knows how to help you and shows sincerity. I totally recommend him to anyone looking for a pysciatrist.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016