Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

This doctor doesn't hesitate to verbally attack and punish patients he does not like. I speak from personal experience when I was at CAMH under his care in 2002.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

Dr Doyle treated me while I was a patient at CVH in 2001. He is a dangerous man to see for those who are extremely vulnerable and impressionable. At that time I was both of those things- having experienced disassociation for the first time. While I was under his care he invited other patients into the office during our session for an introduction. Still unsure if he was trying to play matchmaker or just amused by the prospect of two of his patients interacting while he watched. Dr. Doyle went on to tell me personal details about about other patients in his care during our appointments. This man is the very definition of paternalistic. He seems to truly believe that mental illness is due to character flaws. Dr Doyle has proven that he does not respect boundaries and uses his power as a physician to act out his own issues. His own biases and disrespect towards those he attempts to help are sure to damage the self-esteem of any one who doesn't see themselves as a hapless victim. Avoid him if you can!

Submitted January 18, 2017

He is the best doctor that ever walked the face of the earth!!! He helped me for many years!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Was very disappointed to hear of his suspension and fine due to sexual misconduct. Hopefully he'll never do that again. There are plenty of people who he can date who are NOT former patients, for heavens sake!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I saw Dr. Doyle for the first time when he was fresh out of residency in the summer of 1998. He was the only psychiatrist available to take an emergency in the middle of the summer. For the next year, this doctor guided me to understand my mental condition. He diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and a tendency to develop psychotic episodes. He was fundamental in educating my husband on how to take care of me in a crisis, on teaching me how to ground myself in my surroundings when my mind seemed to take hold of me. Unfortunately, I left Canada in 2002, and never saw him again. When I was about to leave, he made contact with my future dr., and sent him a letter explaining my medical history, making sure I had a smooth transition to my new home. He was an excellent professional, caring for the entire person, not the 45 minutes client in front of him. I owe him my sanity, and the continuation of care I needed at the time. Most of what I learned from him, still carries me through in times of crisis. I wish him well, although I am too far away now to be his client again.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have been getting help by Dr.Doyle for years. I have had opportunity to change because of distance but l travel to keep him as my phyciatrist. He is truly caring about his patients. I couldn't imagine going to a different doctor. He knows how to help you and shows sincerity. I totally recommend him to anyone looking for a pysciatrist.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

C. Doyle is a genuinely talented doctor. The first psychiatrist I have ever been completely honest with. I am profoundly grateful to have acquired him as a specialist. He is a patient-centered physician, and a good person. Obviously beautifully educated and very accessible. jk

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Great doctor. Very easy to talk to and isn't a pill pusher. He's also very punctual.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have seen a lot of psychiatrists in my life and I have to say, Dr. Doyle is by far the best one. He seems to really care and takes his time to listen. He's always there when I need him, unlike most doctors I have been to. I also don't think I have ever had to wait longer than 5 minutes to see him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

All you nut cases that don't like him need to grow up! He is by far the only psychiatrist that is genuine, cares, and is not a pill pusher. Just because he had an affair with a patient means nothing. She was probably a nutcase looking for attention!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016