Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

I can't believe he lost his license! He was the best doctor I have seen! He walked me through hard times of my severe anxiety and depression. Really empathetic to my issues unlike the one I saw after Dr.Doyle! I wish you come back to your profession and I would the first patient to welcome you in your clinic!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2020

Dr Doyle helped me over many years. He got my diagnosis right, gave me the right meds. He was totally professional & knowledgeable. I don't agree with any finding of incompetence for dr Doyle

flag | Submitted December 14, 2019

Dr Doyle is very compassionate and caring physician. Great respect for his holistic approach.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2019

What is still perplexing is how the Cambridge Hospital dropped the ball on Doyle's patients. Personally, I received a phone call from admin that my appointment was cancelled and I couldn't re-book, like, ever --I had to go back to my family doctor and get in line for treatment all over again (it took me 6 months)... I found out from the News outlets that patient files were reviewed --maybe my own and without my permission?!? The hospital wouldn't even repeat to me what was public record from the College of Physicians. We should have all sued the Hospital and College. Vulnerable patients is what we were called in the evidence but no one followed up with me to assess my well-being? Doyle was also accused of poor record keeping so how did the administration decide against calling each patient in (or at least the female patients like myself) to do a face to face risk assessment so as to determine and support my state of mind upon finding out from the newspaper that my Doctor lost his licence due to inappropriate interactions with female patients. Having said that, I'm also not letting Doyle out of his responsibility. Of my many different psychiatrists that I've had (mainly due to moving between cities) I think I am in a position to judge that by comparison, yes, he exhibited immature personality attributes (omg how dare he!): he was happy-go-lucky and positive about life and our meetings-he also did this on purpose from what I read in my own file as a way to lesson my own anxiety and negative past experiences with emotionally absent doctors. He was the first doctor I have encountered that didn't make me feel like I was talking to a brick wall. But from the public record he did cross lines he shouldn't have and on repeated occasions. So, an excellent therapist (because that is all he is now) has his life implode just when he was on the cusp of a major breakthrough for patient treatment. Oh how I wish he could have remained professional with all of his patients! So, yes he broke rules that he vowed to uphold and got his punishment. HOWEVER, the College needs a MAJOR overhaul to its antiquated stick-in-the-mud approach for interactions with patients. The profession needs to stop treating us as incompetent and start respecting patients as intelligent individuals, who have unasked for disabilities and health issues which, by the way, is our Charter given right! Why are my doctors always surprised when I tell them I have a university degree or two? My experiences with most of the profession has been degrading and unhelpful aside from the prescription of the mood stabilizing drugs. I need to stress that the handing out prescriptions only, because medicating is not equal to addressing quality of life issues, is paramount to neglect and needs to change. Doyle embraced a holistic approach normally only found within non-medical therapy and accented it as necessary with prescriptions which made it unique in my experience. Doyle saw me as a person first, encouraged me so I started to believe that I might still find reasons to feel hopeful in life; while augmenting my dosages as required. Why shouldn't my doctor also be my cheerleader? It worked, I progressed, and then it all evaporated when Doyle was called incompetent. That statement was the personal equivalent of telling me that all of those months and all of my newly acquired hopefulness was illegitimate, unfounded. Followed by the damage done by professionals that just left me to defend for myself as the collateral damage from a man's indiscretions. The College and Hospital fixed a problem and then took no responsibility for the fallout from their decisions which goes against that little oath they all took, you know, the one about first, do no harm...

flag | Submitted April 23, 2019

simply the best. won't pump you full of medications like many of the other psychiatrists seem to do nowadays. empowers his patience to take control of their own recovery. This doctor is what other doctors should be striving to copy.

Submitted March 19, 2019

The best psychiatrist I have ever seen!!! always made progress with him.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2019

He is the best of the best with honours!!! He is the only doctor that was able to help me.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2018

His license has been revoked as of Aug. 2018. Why is he still on this site? Obviously his actions deemed him unfit to treat patients; thank goodness for disciplinary oversight.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2018

He saved my life 10 years ago💕 thank you! Iam saddened by this 😭 Stay strong. Dr Doyle!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2018

Dr Doyle is by far the most caring psychiatrist I have ever seen and this whole farce of suspending his license without a hearing for 8 months is ridiculous. How is someone supposed to live without being able to practice their profession that they have spent years studying for. Whatwvwr happen2d to the saying immocwnt until proven guilty.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018