Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

He is the best doctor that ever walked the face of the earth!!! He helped me for many years!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Was very disappointed to hear of his suspension and fine due to sexual misconduct. Hopefully he'll never do that again. There are plenty of people who he can date who are NOT former patients, for heavens sake!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I saw Dr. Doyle for the first time when he was fresh out of residency in the summer of 1998. He was the only psychiatrist available to take an emergency in the middle of the summer. For the next year, this doctor guided me to understand my mental condition. He diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and a tendency to develop psychotic episodes. He was fundamental in educating my husband on how to take care of me in a crisis, on teaching me how to ground myself in my surroundings when my mind seemed to take hold of me. Unfortunately, I left Canada in 2002, and never saw him again. When I was about to leave, he made contact with my future dr., and sent him a letter explaining my medical history, making sure I had a smooth transition to my new home. He was an excellent professional, caring for the entire person, not the 45 minutes client in front of him. I owe him my sanity, and the continuation of care I needed at the time. Most of what I learned from him, still carries me through in times of crisis. I wish him well, although I am too far away now to be his client again.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

I have been getting help by Dr.Doyle for years. I have had opportunity to change because of distance but l travel to keep him as my phyciatrist. He is truly caring about his patients. I couldn't imagine going to a different doctor. He knows how to help you and shows sincerity. I totally recommend him to anyone looking for a pysciatrist.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

C. Doyle is a genuinely talented doctor. The first psychiatrist I have ever been completely honest with. I am profoundly grateful to have acquired him as a specialist. He is a patient-centered physician, and a good person. Obviously beautifully educated and very accessible. jk

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

Great doctor. Very easy to talk to and isn't a pill pusher. He's also very punctual.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I have seen a lot of psychiatrists in my life and I have to say, Dr. Doyle is by far the best one. He seems to really care and takes his time to listen. He's always there when I need him, unlike most doctors I have been to. I also don't think I have ever had to wait longer than 5 minutes to see him.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

All you nut cases that don't like him need to grow up! He is by far the only psychiatrist that is genuine, cares, and is not a pill pusher. Just because he had an affair with a patient means nothing. She was probably a nutcase looking for attention!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Was my doctor at CVH a nightmare. Misdiagnosed me with borderline personality disorder when I've had bipolar for 15 years. Terrible at prescribing medication. I would never recommend this doctor. Especially after hearing about the inappropriate misconduct

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I am thankful to have Dr. C Doyle as my psychiatrist. He has honestly provided me with excellent mental health care for about the past five years since a serious inpatient hospitalization in 2009. I have a brain injury in addition to several mental health disturbances and I cannot be an easy patient to help and have not found many psychiatrists and psychologists helpful whatsoever. So, thankfully I get to see Dr. Doyle, I hope he retires when he is 100 and that I still get to see him every month until that. I know with Dr. Doyle that I can completely trust him 100% to support me in maintaining the utmost excellent mental health possible. I have no real problems with this doctor and I am extremely critical of everything. The issue is that there is not enough of him to go around. I hope more young doctors can be as enlightened and unbiased and bracketed in the provision of health care as this angel. Dr. Doyle is not as punctual as someone who is mentally ill might expect. Remember this is only my experience and patients probably have the most insidious and pervasive biases. I am (almost) always at least 5 minutes early and am not impressed when I have to wait even ten minutes in the waiting room so fortunately that doesn't happen often and when it does it is very acceptable as his skills were obviously needed elsewhere and it was obviously more serious. Thanks to all the help along the way from Dr Doyle and my family I am able to maintain a healthy and fairly regular lifestyle which is a miracle considering where we began. Dr Doyle is not a magician, he is an excellent physician who can only help a patient who is willing to put in just as much effort into their own recovery and at times that may mean acting as your own advocate which is okay because it is a big ugly world out there that will eat you up and spit you out but all Dr. Doyle does is help you prepare yourself for that, he is not the enemy, he is not a friend either, there are clear boundaries with this doctor and that is something that I can tell he really works to maintain the integrity of. I would probably have killed myself if it was not for the help Dr. Doyle has provided me and it deeply pains me to admit that. Dr. Doyle provides life saving medical care and does it very well. He might improve by having more options (programs, groups, workshops, etc) for patients to do but (that is on the system as a whole) I appreciate that he has enough discretion not to throw me into a group that is not right for me. Hopefully he will offer more transitional care in the way of programs but still does an excellent job supporting healthy eating habits, exercise, healthy interpersonal friendships and relationships, hobbies, work life balance etc. I have noticed he is able to analyze my problems if needed and identify serious attachment/addiction/delusion/cognitive distortion etc and bring me back to earth much better than well paid psychologists and does that while assessing my affect and prescribing only the necessary medications. I have to say Dr. Doyle is not a pill pusher at all as I was actually over prescribed various types of sedatives/antipsychotics/and stimulants by other doctors previously and now take a very reasonable amount of medication that as a conscientious person I have no hesitations with. Compared to previous doctors, thankfully I actually find Dr Doyle doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut shell. I am thankful that he became a doctor and that I have been fortunate enough to see him, I can only wish that I get to see him for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016