You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Christopher Doyle

I am thankful to have Dr. C Doyle as my psychiatrist. He has honestly provided me with excellent mental health care for about the past five years since a serious inpatient hospitalization in 2009. I have a brain injury in addition to several mental health disturbances and I cannot be an easy patient to help and have not found many psychiatrists and psychologists helpful whatsoever. So, thankfully I get to see Dr. Doyle, I hope he retires when he is 100 and that I still get to see him every month until that. I know with Dr. Doyle that I can completely trust him 100% to support me in maintaining the utmost excellent mental health possible. I have no real problems with this doctor and I am extremely critical of everything. The issue is that there is not enough of him to go around. I hope more young doctors can be as enlightened and unbiased and bracketed in the provision of health care as this angel. Dr. Doyle is not as punctual as someone who is mentally ill might expect. Remember this is only my experience and patients probably have the most insidious and pervasive biases. I am (almost) always at least 5 minutes early and am not impressed when I have to wait even ten minutes in the waiting room so fortunately that doesn't happen often and when it does it is very acceptable as his skills were obviously needed elsewhere and it was obviously more serious. Thanks to all the help along the way from Dr Doyle and my family I am able to maintain a healthy and fairly regular lifestyle which is a miracle considering where we began. Dr Doyle is not a magician, he is an excellent physician who can only help a patient who is willing to put in just as much effort into their own recovery and at times that may mean acting as your own advocate which is okay because it is a big ugly world out there that will eat you up and spit you out but all Dr. Doyle does is help you prepare yourself for that, he is not the enemy, he is not a friend either, there are clear boundaries with this doctor and that is something that I can tell he really works to maintain the integrity of. I would probably have killed myself if it was not for the help Dr. Doyle has provided me and it deeply pains me to admit that. Dr. Doyle provides life saving medical care and does it very well. He might improve by having more options (programs, groups, workshops, etc) for patients to do but (that is on the system as a whole) I appreciate that he has enough discretion not to throw me into a group that is not right for me. Hopefully he will offer more transitional care in the way of programs but still does an excellent job supporting healthy eating habits, exercise, healthy interpersonal friendships and relationships, hobbies, work life balance etc. I have noticed he is able to analyze my problems if needed and identify serious attachment/addiction/delusion/cognitive distortion etc and bring me back to earth much better than well paid psychologists and does that while assessing my affect and prescribing only the necessary medications. I have to say Dr. Doyle is not a pill pusher at all as I was actually over prescribed various types of sedatives/antipsychotics/and stimulants by other doctors previously and now take a very reasonable amount of medication that as a conscientious person I have no hesitations with. Compared to previous doctors, thankfully I actually find Dr Doyle doesn't use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut shell. I am thankful that he became a doctor and that I have been fortunate enough to see him, I can only wish that I get to see him for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

He has been a life saver/changer for me. I see him from cmh and has stayed late or come early to fit me in when I've needed to see him sooner than scheduled appointment.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Doyle has been nothing but patient and real with me. He is very genuine when speaking with me. He listens carefully and does not just throw medication my way. He makes you feel comfortable and at ease with which you are and what you're dealing with. Never did I feel rushed. He takes his time.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2015

Submitted November 22, 2015

flag | Submitted November 16, 2015

Yes, sexual involvement female patient. see http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mississauga-psychiatrist-suspended-for-misconduct-1.448564 No more at Credit Valley Hospital. Perhaps, had to 'get out of Dodge? Chief of Staff of Cambridge Hospital, "confident" Doyle's fine??? Is Chief with him all the time? Can Chief read minds too? Might be worth while to read the facts & comments below carefully. What is known and not known? Paid $10K (chicken feed for doc) for her "counselling"? "Counselling" is covered by OHIP? It speaks volumes. I'd pass Dr. D" bye". My opinion based on facts. It's not rocket science. Everyone is free to choose, but I like to make choices based on accurate info.. . Lots of education? It didn't prevent damaging & inappropriate behaviour. Cost him $10K because of his behaviour. Appearances don't appear to be what they seem. And what about his clinic? www.iimh.ca... Steven C...why no last name stated...and why no PhD? only a Master's degree... Maybe they have something to offer male clients? Why seek the marginalized population - those on disability?

flag | Submitted November 11, 2015

So yeah I highly doubt dr Doyle messaged anyone's head. He is a great doctor, easy to talk to and takes his time with you instead of rushing like most psychiatrists I've seen in the past. The longest I've waited to see him was 10 minutes, and I've been seeing him regularly for 3 or more years. He isn't a pill pusher but he isn't anti-medication either. He is young which is good, so I hope to see him for a long time to come.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

Not at all a good doctor. He likes to hear more about my private life than my illness. Very manipulative and sitting in his office is incredibly uncomfortable. Offered me a head massage, disgusting.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Christopher Doyle's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am thankful to have Dr. C Doyle as my psychiatrist. He has honestly provided me with excellent mental health care for about the past five years since a seriou..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the best doctor ever. Has saved my life and helped me get over my addictions. "

January 22, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He has been a life saver/changer for me. I see him from cmh and has stayed late or come early to fit me in when I've needed to see him sooner than scheduled ap..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Good Doc overall. A bit unprofessional but in a good way. Funny Doc takes his time and seems to enjoy talking about your personal life."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm disgusted this doctor continues to treat patients, when he was already disciplined for sexual misconduct involving a woman by the College of Physicians of S..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Doyle has been nothing but patient and real with me. He is very genuine when speaking with me. He listens carefully and does not just throw medication my wa..."

December 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Extremely fake and condescending. Would give zero's..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Shows no signs of genuinely caring about his patients. Only there for a paycheque."

November 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Arr you speaking of the patient relationship " after" he treated her? That story? Just curious"

November 16, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Yes, sexual involvement female patient. see http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mississauga-psychiatrist-suspended-for-misconduct-1.448564 No more at Credit Valley..."

November 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "So yeah I highly doubt dr Doyle messaged anyone's head. He is a great doctor, easy to talk to and takes his time with you instead of rushing like most psychiatr..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Not at all a good doctor. He likes to hear more about my private life than my illness. Very manipulative and sitting in his office is incredibly uncomfortable. ..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Doyle is a very kind, helpful & generous person, always, welcoming & good & quick at making find what is the issue at hand-he is good at asking questions th..."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have getting help from Dr.Doyle for about 10 years now. It took me a really long time to start openening up really talk to him. But that was my issue. He didn..."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a young adult female who has been going for treatment with Dr. Doyle for almost two years now. I will proudly say that he has assisted me though some very ..."

June 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hmm that's a surprising amount of negativity, it's quite irritating to see it on here. Just a few fyi's. Dr Doyle, may in fact be the only person to date who ha..."

June 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Doyle has been my Psychiatrist for a few years now and he is fantastic! I am female by the way! Never had an issue with him! He listens and then helps! Amazi..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "So for those of you who said this dr gave you a creepy feeling, your assessment skills are VERY good, look him up on the College of Physicians and Surgeons unde..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Will not see him again. Very creepy feeling in his presence. Very manipulative."

April 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Prior to Dr. Doyle, I never had a good experience with psychiatrists. I found them to be cold and unwilling to listen. Their focus seemed to lie only in admin..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Doyle is by far the best psychiatrist i have ever seen. He is always compassionate and professional. He's helped me through some very dark times. The be..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Christopher Doyle has been treating me for a few years now. He is a truly wonderful Psychiatrist. Caring, respectful and nurturing at all times. He has h..."

March 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Doyle. He is great to talk to and is always there when you need him."

January 29, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I really liked Dr. Doyle when I first started seeing him. But then as time went on he started to get really creepy and I felt very uncomfortable around him so I..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Doyle is the most amazing doctor ever. I too am very surprised to see negative comments about him. I have been a patient for many years and hopefully for ma..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Doyle is nice, knowledgeable and helpful. I appreciate all the help I've received over the years."

December 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Doyle. He's very helpful and easy to talk to. I highly recommend him."

December 17, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Doyle is the best doctor that ever walked the face of the earth!! He helped Me beat drug addictions years ago and he actually saved my life. I'm very su..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "The comments below echo my sentiments and perceptions. Thank you for validating my thoughts! Because he is so manipulative and has the ability to "massage" the ..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I would avoid seeing this doctor. The experience I have had with him and what I have witnessed in other patients he sees, is that they get worse, not better. Dr..."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient with Doctor Doyle when I was 18. He diagnosed me with a behavioural disorder and basically told my father to give up hope on me. When I was swit..."

September 30, 2014