Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sheldon H. Marks

Highly recommended! What an incredible experience- Dr. Marks and his staff are incredibly helpful and thoughtful. We were walked through every step of the process and had an overall wonderful experience. We couldn’t be happier! Dr. Marks has impressive reversal rates and his expertise is obvious when you visit him at the clinic. When you see consistent 5 star ratings of a doctor and his staff, there’s a reason. Everyone at ICVR makes the process personal. From the moment you walk in the door, you feel valued and that your journey is special. They really do care! The Dr. does one procedure a day to ensure that the patient gets 100% of his and the staff’s attention. They provide a room for family to wait in fully equipped with drinks, snacks, movies and even activities for children if you decide to bring them along. During the procedure I was given constant updates and even shown slides in the lab of what they were finding. The Dr. and staff followed up daily during the recovery prcess to make sure my husband was following their directions! Love it! My husband had his reversal 5 years after his vasectomy and we conceived only a few months after the procedure! We couldn’t be happier! What an amazing gift!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Marks and his staff were wonderful. My husband had a reversal done last week and it was the best medical care we have ever gotten. When we arrived, Suzy greeted us and went through the paperwork with us. Suzy was so friendly and positive - that helped a lot. We were later introduced to Dawn, Andrea, Dr Marks and Matt. While my husband was going through the surgery, I waited in the waiting room and the waiting room was equipped with TV, coffee machine, snacks and drinks. I received phone calls in the room with updates from the surgery and Matt took me to his office space and show me some samples they've gotten from the surgery. My husband is recovering well now. He didnt need any single Tylenol. Thank you Dr Marks and team for being so kind and pleasant to us.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

Dr. Marks is wonderful! He takes a special interest in his patient's lives & families. He made us feel very comfortable & confident with the procedure. We would highly recommend him! We were also impressed with the staff. They were so kind & helpful. Our experience was so positive! Thank you!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Thank you so much Dr. Marks! I can't believe after meeting you 5 years ago, we finally pulled the trigger. I was pretty nervous at first but you folks made this experience stress-free and took care of everything my wife and I needed prior to, as well as post-surgery. We look forward to sharing photos as soon as we can!!! Thanks again to the entire staff...

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I can't speak highly enough about ICVR! They took such good care of us and made us feel like family. It's only been a few days since my fiance's surgery but we are already thrilled with the outcome. Everyone in the office made us feel so comfortable. Dr Marks is the best doctor we've ever worked with. I'm really happy we didn't even look into going anywhere else!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
Family is exactly what we are all about. Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are so excited to have been able to play our small role in the magic.

Submitted February 14, 2017

Can't say enough about this staff! We are so happy to able to have our baby boy Sebastian born 12/6/2016 thank you dr marks!!! After 10 yrs of my original vesactomy dr marks performed the reversal and 2 yrs later we had our "miracle " boy Again we couldn't be more happy !! Thank you to his staff!!!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
So exciting! There is nothing better than to receive baby announcements, updates and photos. After all, that we why we are all here - to be Making Men Dads Again.

Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr Marks and his staff are top notch! Right from my first consultation with him on the phone, he was personable, answered all my questions and even gave me his own cell phone number to call again with any future questions. He did an excellent job w/ my reversal. I barely felt any pain, he followed up with me the next day right at my hotel. Just excellent care all around! I had post vasectomy pain and after 1yr since my reversal, my fertility has been fully restored and pain completely gone.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
Thank you for your kind words. We all strive to give every patient the very best care, the old fashioned way.

Submitted August 29, 2016

Dr. Marks and his ENTIRE staff were answering questions before we even asked them! They were helpful and so friendly from the moment we inquired about the reversal, to booking the appointment, to the day of surgery and even afterwards when we were home. I never expected them to calm our nerves the way they have. The whole team is incredible and I am so thankful that we chose ICVR!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
Everyone here at ICVR is so appreciative that you chose us for something so important. We understand that we all need to provide a level of care and attention to detail better than anyone else. Thank you.

Submitted August 29, 2016

We are proud to say that we have added ICVR to our family and hope that all of you take the time to pick the best Dr. to do this procedure. ICVR is more than willing to help you make this work. It took us over a year to save for the procedure but it was worth it to us knowing not only that it was our best chance for a family, but that we were putting dh in the best hands possible. I want a baby of course, but more than that I want dh to be healthy and to have family together. His care is priceless to me.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
We appreciate your kind words. Thank you for giving us this feedback, as we all work to give you the very best care and the very best reversal possible. It is so nice that you took the time to share your thoughts on this forum.

Submitted December 19, 2016

My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago in a prior marriage but after we got together we decided that we wanted to have a family of our own. He was hesitant to have a reversal after having such a horrible experience with his vasectomy. In his original vasectomy he had alot of pain and an inexperienced doctor. After much thought and research we decided that the best option was Dr. Marks and ICVR for the vasectomy reversal, even thought they were not even in our state. We are really glad we went with this option! My husband had his procedure yesterday and had a wonderful experience! The procedure was completely pain free and he was cared for by a wonderful and knowledgeable physician and his staff. Everyone welcomed us with open arms and made us very comfortable along the entire journey. It was a joyous experience for me as a wife, as I was included in the process even in the beginning stages (even bringing me into the lab to see the sperm samples!). We are very blessed to have found this clinic and are very excited for the future! Flor & Robert

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
We appreciate your thoughtful comments about the care we provide. It is so important to us that we be a resource for you before, during and after your reversal. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and keep us up-to-date!

Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

We are one of the top full time, vasectomy reversal only specialty centers in the world, with patients from every state and more than 77 countries. We have a proven, published success of up to 99.5% and successes as far out as 42 years from vasectomy, the world record. With almost 6000 patients over 3 decades, you can trust that you will receive the very best care and highest chances for making your dream come true. Why should anyone settle for less? In addition, we avoid the use of risky, deep general anesthesia by using a mild conscious sedation technique where you are pain-free during and after your reversal. Plus we do not allow doctors in training to participate in your surgery or care. Each doctor limits his practice to only one reversal a day so that you can trust that you will receive his full and undivided attention. This way we are not rushing off to do a second or third reversal nor we fatigued from earlier surgeries. Plus, here at ICVR, we offer no charge sperm banking which will save you between $3000 and $9000. Even after the surgery we are still here for you providing the doctors cell phone numbers as well as access and care for life. In addition, I am the only urologist that teaches the annual course on vasectomy reversals at the international urology Society meeting. Plus I wrote the vasectomy reversal teaching module for certification by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine. We encourage you to call us at 888-722-2929 and find out how we can help you achieve your dream with the very highest chance for success.

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 1984)
  • Tufts University (Grad. 1987)
  • Occidental College (Grad. 1978)

• Vasectomy reversal

• Sole author of the ASRM Andrology certifcation module on vasectomy reversals
  • Only urologist in the US that teaches the Postgraduate course on vasectomy reversals, now for 7 consecutive years at the annual American Urologic Association meeting A meeting