You may also like

Rate Dr. Sheldon H. Marks

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's Ratings

My husband had a vasectomy about 8 years ago. We have been together for 3 years and very much want to start a family. We researched many different clinics for a vasectomy reversal in our home state of Illinois. We found many doctors willing to perform the surgery however they created a lot of doubt for us. They told us that our success rate could not exceed 30%. They had no testimonials or success stories from any of their patients and did not seem confident in the outcome. I was quickly losing faith and was heartbroken at the idea of not being able to have a child with my husband. My husband found ICVR and was shocked to find that their success rates range from 90% to 99%!

The surgery was today, September 2, 2015. Dr. Marks and the staff were absolutely amazing! They made us both feel comfortable and at ease. When my husband was taken into surgery I was left in a room equipped with drinks, snacks, magazines, tons of dvd's, TV, comfortable couches and a coffee maker! I was kept updated every 30 minutes on how the surgery was going and was also able to see slides of the specimen they had extracted. The doctor and staff took great care of not only my husband but of me too. We felt like family! I highly recommend Dr. Marks and his staff to be the ones you chose for you reversal surgery. Hundreds of pictures line the walls of their offices and hallways of people who have had children after the surgery. Some in as little as 11 months! The ICVR family is a caring and compassionate staff that truly cares about its patients. The passion they hold for this line of work is very apparent. Give them a call, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Marks, Dawn, Jenn and everyone involved in our reversal! We hope to share pregnancy news with you very soon! God bless you all!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2912976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2015

Having been ten years since my vasectomy, it seemed unlikely to have a successful reversal from reading the standard resources. ICVR and Dr. Marks came up in searches, and it seemed to good to be true. After two years of researching, several calls to them, and a trip to our local large hospital , Gundersen Lutheran, we committed to making the cross country trip. I am now sitting in the hotel one day postop. The entire experience has been the best health care I have ever experienced. Friendly thoughtful staff and a personable doctor I could put my trust in. I will know the results in a few weeks, but I have full confidence it is successful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2721163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2015

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
Thank you for your kind comments. Our goals is to provide the very best care and the highest chance for success.

Submitted July 1, 2015

After two years of research, doctor consultations and careful consideration we selected ICVR for our vasectomy reversal.

We setup consultations with doctors across the United States. Doctor after doctor indicated our chances were non existent. Each doctor we spoke with said the 14 year gap between my husbands vasectomy and the upcoming reversal would make the likelihood of success minimal. We were devastated.

But out of this devastation came a determination. We found the last vasectomy reversal website we would review, International Center for Vasectomy Reversal (ICVR). We called the very next day.

Dr. Sheldon Marks reassured us, instantly allayed our fears and dispelled the myths. His vasectomy reversal expertise gave us confidence. We knew he was the doctor for us.

The staff at IVCR was wonderful. Everyone was so knowledgeable, helpful and kind. They answered all of our questions. The whole team was super supportive and attentive to all of our needs. We were the sole focus for the day.

Dr. Marks has perfected the whole experience. His office coordinated a car service to chauffeur us from the airport to the hotel, back and forth to ICVR and back to the airport. We did not have to worry about anything. Everything was taken care of for us. Dr. Marks even followed up several times after surgery to check on us. He genuinely cares about his patients.

Dr. Marks has given us a gift we thought was not possible.

We are forever grateful.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2574811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 12, 2014

Dr. MARKS is the best doctor I've ever encountered in my entire life. I researched for a Vasectomy Reversal doctor for over a month and finally picked Dr. MARKS. Everything about him and his practice was superb. He had all the time in the world for me, and answered all my questions on the phone. I flew from Canada to see him, and his staff arranged a car from the airport, my hotel and a car to and from the center for the procedure. Upon arrival the entire staff was outside waiting for just ME and I was their sole focus for that day. All questions answered, everything explained in as much detail as I wanted and just outstanding surigical staff to assist him. He followed up in person the next day in my hotel room and again answered all my concerns and questions. About the nicest man you'll ever meet, insanely skilled, and he treats you like you're the only patient he has! He is THEE BEST reveral surgeon anywhere. Oh, and my son just turned 4 last week because of Dr. Marks!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1064167].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2013

Dr. Marks performed a vas reversal on my husband and I was pregnant in 6 months. Amazing! Very caring doctor and staff. You get what you pay for!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1064166].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

We traveled to see Dr. Marks and his team from another country. The effort put forth by Dr. Marks and his staff to ensure our comfort, health and safety went above and beyond what we expected. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Marks and his team to anyone considering a reversal. His surgical skills are excellent.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1064165].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2011

We traveled quite a great distance for Dr. Marks' expertise and do not regret one second of it. His staff is amazing. Dr. Marks is simply the best. I don't know how he makes you feel so at ease with a rather awkward surgery. Worth every penny worth every second we have invested in his office!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1064164].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2011

Dr. Marks is one of the most caring and intelligent doctors! He was incredibly helpful in explaining the process and procedures, and then was an integral part of the follow up even weeks, months after the surgery. I would highly recommend him and his office to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1064163].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2011

Awesome doctor. Very professional coupled with great energy and enthusiasm. My reversal was 100% successful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1064162].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2011

A fine caring REAL doctor - none finer. In fact he is available easily and quickly by phone. In short he is in a class by himself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1064161].votes_count ]]