Ratings for Dr. Sheldon H. Marks

Dr Marks and his staff are top notch! Right from my first consultation with him on the phone, he was personable, answered all my questions and even gave me his own cell phone number to call again with any future questions. He did an excellent job w/ my reversal. I barely felt any pain, he followed up with me the next day right at my hotel. Just excellent care all around! I had post vasectomy pain and after 1yr since my reversal, my fertility has been fully restored and pain completely gone.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr. Marks and his ENTIRE staff were answering questions before we even asked them! They were helpful and so friendly from the moment we inquired about the reversal, to booking the appointment, to the day of surgery and even afterwards when we were home. I never expected them to calm our nerves the way they have. The whole team is incredible and I am so thankful that we chose ICVR!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

We are proud to say that we have added ICVR to our family and hope that all of you take the time to pick the best Dr. to do this procedure. ICVR is more than willing to help you make this work. It took us over a year to save for the procedure but it was worth it to us knowing not only that it was our best chance for a family, but that we were putting dh in the best hands possible. I want a baby of course, but more than that I want dh to be healthy and to have family together. His care is priceless to me.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

My husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago in a prior marriage but after we got together we decided that we wanted to have a family of our own. He was hesitant to have a reversal after having such a horrible experience with his vasectomy. In his original vasectomy he had alot of pain and an inexperienced doctor. After much thought and research we decided that the best option was Dr. Marks and ICVR for the vasectomy reversal, even thought they were not even in our state. We are really glad we went with this option! My husband had his procedure yesterday and had a wonderful experience! The procedure was completely pain free and he was cared for by a wonderful and knowledgeable physician and his staff. Everyone welcomed us with open arms and made us very comfortable along the entire journey. It was a joyous experience for me as a wife, as I was included in the process even in the beginning stages (even bringing me into the lab to see the sperm samples!). We are very blessed to have found this clinic and are very excited for the future! Flor & Robert

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

My husband and I were referred to Dr. Marks and his team this year. They had a great experience with Dr. Marks and he came highly recommended. My husband just recently had the reversal done, and the procedure went very well! Not only Dr. Marks, but his entire staff of nurses, fertility staff, and office administration are top notch professionals. We have been very impressed with the preparation months before surgery, the procedure, and post op attention we have received. Thank you so much to Dr. Marks and his great team!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Exceptional, I can't describe the doctor there just isn't a word or words to truly grasp how good he and his staff are.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Marks is by far, the BEST physcian in the field. I was over 10 years past my vasectomy and had a reversal attempt by my local urologist. After this failed attempt, I did some research, and found that Dr. Marks made a successful career out of vasectomy reversals. He also specializes in vasectomy redo's! Look no further, you have found the best! Thanks to Dr. Marks we now have a new baby girl to our family!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

My husband had a vasectomy about 8 years ago. We have been together for 3 years and very much want to start a family. We researched many different clinics for a vasectomy reversal in our home state of Illinois. We found many doctors willing to perform the surgery however they created a lot of doubt for us. They told us that our success rate could not exceed 30%. They had no testimonials or success stories from any of their patients and did not seem confident in the outcome. I was quickly losing faith and was heartbroken at the idea of not being able to have a child with my husband. My husband found ICVR and was shocked to find that their success rates range from 90% to 99%! The surgery was today, September 2, 2015. Dr. Marks and the staff were absolutely amazing! They made us both feel comfortable and at ease. When my husband was taken into surgery I was left in a room equipped with drinks, snacks, magazines, tons of dvd's, TV, comfortable couches and a coffee maker! I was kept updated every 30 minutes on how the surgery was going and was also able to see slides of the specimen they had extracted. The doctor and staff took great care of not only my husband but of me too. We felt like family! I highly recommend Dr. Marks and his staff to be the ones you chose for you reversal surgery. Hundreds of pictures line the walls of their offices and hallways of people who have had children after the surgery. Some in as little as 11 months! The ICVR family is a caring and compassionate staff that truly cares about its patients. The passion they hold for this line of work is very apparent. Give them a call, you will not regret it! Thank you Dr. Marks, Dawn, Jenn and everyone involved in our reversal! We hope to share pregnancy news with you very soon! God bless you all!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Having been ten years since my vasectomy, it seemed unlikely to have a successful reversal from reading the standard resources. ICVR and Dr. Marks came up in searches, and it seemed to good to be true. After two years of researching, several calls to them, and a trip to our local large hospital , Gundersen Lutheran, we committed to making the cross country trip. I am now sitting in the hotel one day postop. The entire experience has been the best health care I have ever experienced. Friendly thoughtful staff and a personable doctor I could put my trust in. I will know the results in a few weeks, but I have full confidence it is successful.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's response
Thank you for your kind comments. Our goals is to provide the very best care and the highest chance for success.

Submitted July 1, 2015

After two years of research, doctor consultations and careful consideration we selected ICVR for our vasectomy reversal. We setup consultations with doctors across the United States. Doctor after doctor indicated our chances were non existent. Each doctor we spoke with said the 14 year gap between my husbands vasectomy and the upcoming reversal would make the likelihood of success minimal. We were devastated. But out of this devastation came a determination. We found the last vasectomy reversal website we would review, International Center for Vasectomy Reversal (ICVR). We called the very next day. Dr. Sheldon Marks reassured us, instantly allayed our fears and dispelled the myths. His vasectomy reversal expertise gave us confidence. We knew he was the doctor for us. The staff at IVCR was wonderful. Everyone was so knowledgeable, helpful and kind. They answered all of our questions. The whole team was super supportive and attentive to all of our needs. We were the sole focus for the day. Dr. Marks has perfected the whole experience. His office coordinated a car service to chauffeur us from the airport to the hotel, back and forth to ICVR and back to the airport. We did not have to worry about anything. Everything was taken care of for us. Dr. Marks even followed up several times after surgery to check on us. He genuinely cares about his patients. Dr. Marks has given us a gift we thought was not possible. We are forever grateful.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Dr. Sheldon H. Marks's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

We are one of the top full time, vasectomy reversal only specialty centers in the world, with patients from every state and more than 77 countries. We have a proven, published success of up to 99.5% and successes as far out as 42 years from vasectomy, the world record. With 6000 patients over 3 decades, you can trust that you will receive the very best care and highest chances for making your dream come true. Why should anyone settle for less? In addition, we avoid the use of risky, deep general anesthesia by using a mild conscious sedation technique where you are pain-free during and after your reversal. Plus we do not allow doctors in training to participate in your surgery or care. Each doctor limits his practice to only one reversal a day so that you can trust that you will receive his full and undivided attention. This way we are not rushing off to do a second or third reversal nor we fatigued from earlier surgeries. Plus, here at ICVR, we offer no charge sperm banking which will save you between $3000 and $9000. Even after the surgery we are still here for you providing the doctors cell phone numbers as well as access and care for life. In addition, I am the only urologist that teaches the annual course on vasectomy reversals at the international urology Society meeting. Plus I wrote the vasectomy reversal teaching module for certification by the American Society of Reproductive Medicine. We encourage you to call us at 888-722-2929 and find out how we can help you achieve your dream with the very highest chance for success.

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1982)
  • Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Grad. 1984)
  • Tufts University (Grad. 1987)
  • Occidental College (Grad. 1978)

• Sole author of the ASRM Andrology certifcation module on vasectomy reversals
  • Only urologist in the US that teaches the Postgraduate course on vasectomy reversals, now for 7 consecutive years at the annual American Urologic Association meeting A meeting