Ratings for Dr. SHAHRAM Jay Mirmanesh

All of the staff are rude especially Dr.Jays wife !!!!!! I thought I was the only one who thought this!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Doctor sees too many patients in a day and visit is too brief. Office manager was very nasty to me when I began to question billing and refill policies.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Dr Jay is a compassionate and caring physician and we are so happy that we are taking our son to him. My husband and I interviewed Dr Jay and a few other docs when I was pregnant and were very impressed with Dr Jay. Even though he came recommended we still wanted to meet him and decide for ourselves. Our son is now almost 12 months old and we are so pleased with his medical care. Dr Jay has helped us through many issues and always put us at ease. We love that we have his cell number and can reach him after hours. He is truly the best pediatrician!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr. Jay is the best. He spent a great amount of time explaining things to me as I am a new parent (again) it seems! My other child has a chronic medical condition which was missed my previous pediatrician over and over...Dr. Jay diagnosed my child and had a plan the first day we changed to his office. Now my child is back to his normal self and I am forever thankful to have him back! I have Dr. Jays cell which not many other doctors would even think about giving out. My middle child was premature at 32 weeks and spent time in the NICU, it was also a relief to know that Dr. Jay is also a CHOP trained neonatologist, and he is really up to date and savvy with babies that were premature...its amazing how much thought is put into them, even after we "graduated" from the NICU. He really put my mind at ease often...as I am a worried mom as you can imagine. I feel blessed to have a great pediatrician for my kids. Go to Dr. Jay, you won't be dissapointed!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2010

Dr. Jay doesn't know his patients because he has too many. He is not a good communicator or parent educator. We stuck with him for 2 years, but are transferring before our next child is born. Office staff, including his wife, are rude. Furthermore, they overstep their boundries, which he denies. Once, our 8mo. child had a fever & the staff informed us on "standard" procedure. When we brought her in a day later and told him what they said, he replied, "My staff would NEVER say that." We're not liars! After requesting our records, we got a call for a H1N1 shot appt. a DAY BEFORE, they called and said Dr. Jay wouldn't give it because we weren't patients any longer (although we never got our records after a two week wait). When we pointed this out, they said the records would be ready "this afternoon". I don't trust him, his staff, or the ethics on which he bases decisions. I strongly reccommend looking to a practice with a competent staff and Dr's that are held accountable by some litmus.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2010

i was in on tuesday and his front office people were conciderably rude. If you ask a question they look at you like you have 2 heads. you ask for anything to be filled out they charge you 10$ even for a signature. i think that his office is money hungry and the worst one is the his wife.i dont understand how you can charge someone without insurace $85 obviously they cant afford health insurance.where is the compassion? i know that his wife doesnt have any at all.i though that doctors went to school to help people not make them choose medicine or food. dr. jay comes in for 2 minutes...prescribes some antibiotics and leaves(which cost more money). im surprised there isnt a fee for using their bathroom, or using a pen. I am going to leave this horrible practice for a doctor who cares about his patients, and isnt affraid to go the extra mile. i would never reccommend this place to anyone...not even for animals.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

I RECENTLY TRANSFERRED MY 2 DAUGHTERS TO DR JAY FROM A VERY LARGE PRACTICE IN THE AREA. DR JAY IS SIMPLY THE BEST PEDIATRICIAN. HE HAS SUCH A WARM AND FRIENDLY DEMEANOR. MY GIRLS WERE IN ON MONDAY TOO, IT WAS BUSY AND I WAITED BUT I DIDN'T MIND BECAUSE I CALLED FOR AN APPOINTMENT THAT AFTERNOON AND WAS ABLE TO BE SEEN THAT DAY. I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS BECAUSE WHENEVER I NEED TO BE SEEN,EVEN IF IT IS THE SAME DAY, THEY FIT ME IN. I FELT FORTUNATE THAT MY CHILDREN WERE SEEN ON SUCH SHORT NOTICE. I'M GLAD THAT I DIDN'T HAVE TO WAIT TO THE NEXT DAY WITH A SICK CHILD. I CAN'T ASK FOR ANYTHING MORE THAN THAT. I NEVER FELT RUSHED AND DR JAY ADDRESSED ALL OF MY CONCERNS. THANK YOU DR JAY FOR TAKING CARE OF MY GIRLS, I GUESS YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

dr jay is the worst. he is always rushing us in and out. i think either he needs another doctor or he needs to stop excepting patients. i was in the office on monday and you should of seen it. it was people everywhere. everyone in the waiting room was saying the same thing about how overcrowed he is. if it wasnt for the fact that he was right near my home and i could get in right away i would leave. i think that his charges for no insurance is way over rated. other doctors i been to have levels of payment. you dont just pay $85 just for a runny nose. as soon as i get new insurance i am leaving because i do not like how they handle business. they seem like all they care about is money.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

My two children have been patients at the office for over 12 years. We left a practice, which was closer to our home, because it was busy, unfriendly and unresponsive- we also had to wait over an hour for every appointment. Dr. Jay's practice is the exact opposite. He has provided superior care during weekday and weekends without fail. He is always available to listen to my concerns and reflects before giving answers. He is very knowledgeable and well-read. My kids love and trust him. His office staff is friendly, helpful and responsive. I don't understand where these negative comments are coming from? Dr. Jay - are great- don't change!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2008

I think the front office staff are very over-worked. It must be difficult to take care of 3 people at the counter and answer multiple phone lines at the same time, all while being yelled at by the office manager (who I think is the Dr.'s wife). so of course they aren't happy. But I'm most upset about the scheduling in the office. I make my appointments ahead of time and I want to get a FULL office visit in return. I don't expect to be rushed in and out within 2 minutes without any answers about my children. I also don't appreciate waiting for almost an hour after my appointment time because this office schedules tons of patients. Everyone deserves proper care and that can't be done in 30 seconds. Maybe they shouldn't scedule way too many people. (I've been in the waiting room with like 20 other people before and only one doctor working) If you have questions or want a proper visit, see the female doctor who is always very nice and actually takes a little time with you.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2008