Ratings for Dr. Douglas W. Puryear

I have gone to Dr Puryear for about 5 years and he is very caring and takes the time to actually listen. He is interested in you as a whole person not just your one problem. Would highly recommend him and his staff.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

My dear mother has been under Dr. Puryear's care for twelve years now. During this time, his love for her well-being shined through, not just for the first visit, but for each and every visit we have had with him. During several hospital stays(cardiac-related), Dr. Puryear would always find the time to stop by and visit mom and to 'take a listen' to her lung function, if he was aware she was on the floor. His experience and wisdom in his field of practice and attentive care of mom, have blessed us immeasurably. For anyone desiring only the best for their families, Virginia is very fortunate to have one of their own, Dr. Puryear and his staff. J Daulton-Colonial Heights

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Very rude and arrogant. Had no concern for patient's well being. Only wanted to talk about himslef and how good he was.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

Along with being a cardiology doctor, He also specializes in Sleep Disorders. I went to see Dr. Puryear for my Sleep Apnea condition and he was not very helpful, He must have told me 3-4 times, I didn't have to educate him on the subject he already knew that. I wasn't trying to educate him on any subject I was trying to find out if some medication I was taking was interering with my sleep, so I could tell the doctor who prescribed it that it in fact did interfere with my sleep. To make a long story short, I wouldn't recommed this doctor to anyone. Especially when the initial Office visit cost $400.00. If I'm paying $400.00 for a office visit the way I see it I will talk about anything related to my sleep condition if he dosent like it the subject matter then he can keep his comments to him self.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2007

Dr. Douglas W. Puryear's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1989)