You may also like

Dr Kareemi is a wonderful doctor, who is thorough and very professional. After months of suffering, I was able to get a diagnosis, and was treated promptly. He is a kind, gentle man, that cares a lot about his patients. I am forever grateful for the care I have recieved from Dr. Kareemi!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

flag | Submitted October 30, 2015

I've seen Dr. Kareemi for years and I credit him with the quality of life that I get to have. He is on time, he communicates effectively, and he is always willing to help me. If you get referred to him, be very grateful because he will listen to you and do a thorough assessment before making a diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. After two years of him not listening to me during my regular appointments, misdiagnosing and rushing through my appointments, he was entirely comfortable with telling me that "there was nothing he could do for my condition". To clarify, I followed his every instruction for the entire course of treatment and he was comfortable with this ultimate diagnosis. Additionally, he followed up my appointments by writing highly unprofessional letters back to my family doctor. Dr. Kareemi is rude, does not listen when you speak, jumps to conclusions and is so hesitant to try anything out of his regular regime of prescriptions and tests; this is the least creative and thoughtful medical professional you will ever encounter. If you have anything that doesn't fit in the boxes he prescribes in, don't waste your time here. This doctor is closed minded and has horrible bed side manor. ( I prefer a direct approach to my medical care - but he is plain horrible) The receptionist here acts like she is doing you a favor by picking up your documents from her printer and good luck getting through to Dr. Kareemi's assistant if you need something or have a question about something serious. His one saving grace, is most of the time, he is very punctual.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I like Dr. Kareemi but his new assistant is rude, rude, rude.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I had a great experience with this Dr. Just because a doc was in and out before my scheduled appointment time. Didn't miss anything during our visit, didn't feel rushed at all. Booked follow up and I only had to wait 3 months to get in to see him as well. Very good doc and excellent bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Although I understand that Dr. Kareemi's frank approach may rub some patients the wrong way, I found his directness refreshing and definitive. He is obviously intelligent (even for a doctor) and after going through several gastro experts, I have had the best results with his treatments and diagnosis. He completely changed the diagnosis of the other specialists and it made all the difference in treating my Crohns-colitis. I have found him to be very action oriented and is always very well prepared and informed on me and my condition during our appointments.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

I have had a really bad experience with this doctor, and will not be seeing him again. Doctor is NEVER on time. Last time waited over 1 hour and walked out of there disappointed. I was "supposed" to get a gastroscopy done in January 2014, I went to rockyview with my parents, and turns out he never did it, and I found out 11 months later. He told me that they could not do it because I reacted to sedation... now isnt that something you should tell the patient the day of the procedure? And instead once I woke up from the anaethtic I was told everything was fine. That was probably my worst experience. Other things he just kept doubling and tripling my doses for the medications he precribed me. And its ALWAYS diet change. I am unsure how many more adjustments I can make with my diet, there would be nothing left to eat. You wait forever to see these specialists and it turns out to be a waste of few years.

Submitted December 9, 2014

My problem of Achalasia (difficulty swallowing food/liquid) started in December, 2014. I was referred to ENT specialist to rule out any other possibilities. I was then refereed to GI specialsit but never heard anything from DOc's office. So, I went to emergency and I saw Dr. Kareemi there. Instead of doing Gastroscopy there right way as I was in so much pain, He decided to performed the scope on me as an outpatient after 2 months. After another 1.5 months, he gave me an appointment to see him at his office to discuss about options I have. He looked very polite and nice throughout and he is intelligent for sure. But my problem worsened so much to the point that I had to go back to my country to perform the surgery right away and I informed to his office that I can't wait. After coming back here, I called Dr. Kareemi's office to scheduled an appointment to see me as he was looking after my case. But he refused to see me saying that I got the surgery done in another country. Didn't understand it completely, because what if I immigrated here right after surgery? , that means no doctor in Canada can see me and I have to go to my home country every time? It was illogical answer. My family doctor, really a gentleman, referred me to another GI specialist and talked to her about my situation and DR. Bailey agreed to see me and scheduled an appointment in a month or so. Just before a scheduled appointment with her, she called to my family doctor to inform that she can't see me as she spoke to Dr. Kareemi and he told her that I yelled at him. I don't understand why Dr. Kareemi (Medical is such noble profession and doctors are respected as life giver) tells such a white lie to other doctor to prevent her to see the patient in pain? Really frustrated. It looks like he was not happy me going to abroad for surgery as he lost referral money or something? I don't know what was his intention to speak such a blatant lies. I don't know what to do now. But planning to file complaint against both the doctors as they can't refuse to see patient as they are under oath. They can't play with lives of patients.

Submitted December 4, 2014

Dr. Munaa Kareemi's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kareemi is a wonderful doctor, who is thorough and very professional. After months of suffering, I was able to get a diagnosis, and was treated promptly. He ..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Busy clinic but Dr. Kareem's takes the time to answer your questions. Very personable and pleasant. Thorough in exam and Knowledgeable."

November 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "RUDE ASSISTANT! COMPLETELY DISRESPECTFUL AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT PATIENTS! SHE SHOULD BE FIRED!"

October 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I've seen Dr. Kareemi for years and I credit him with the quality of life that I get to have. He is on time, he communicates effectively, and he is always willi..."

October 8, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. After two years of him not listening to me during my regular appointments, misdiagnosing and rushing through my ap..."

June 24, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Kareemi but his new assistant is rude, rude, rude."

May 11, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with this Dr. Just because a doc was in and out before my scheduled appointment time. Didn't miss anything during our visit, didn't fee..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Although I understand that Dr. Kareemi's frank approach may rub some patients the wrong way, I found his directness refreshing and definitive. He is obviously i..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I have had a really bad experience with this doctor, and will not be seeing him again. Doctor is NEVER on time. Last time waited over 1 hour and walked out of ..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My problem of Achalasia (difficulty swallowing food/liquid) started in December, 2014. I was referred to ENT specialist to rule out any other possibilities. I ..."

December 4, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I feel very lucky to have Dr Kareemi as my Gastroenterologist and I know he is a very busy Dr. but he always takes the time to make sure everything is ok with ..."

September 27, 2014