Ratings for Dr. Philip R. Delio

I am sorry for the review below and the ongoing pain and frustration. I however, have had a very different experience with Dr. Delio. I was just about to finish my RN degree and had a simple injury go very wrong after a greedy doctor put a device in my body and caused permanent neurologic damage. It has disabled me and now I live with horrible physical and nerve pain daily. Doctor Delio, has gone to bat for me at every level and while some things might seem contradictory in the world of medicine, what works for one or many might not help another. Yes, we all have the same anatomy, but we all have very different responses to pain and drugs. Dr. Delio, has helped me go thru the good and bad, and pick up the messes other medical doctors have left behind. I never feel rushed or ignored. Doctors are not Gods, they are humans that get tired, hungry, sick and sometimes don't have the answers to everything, but I can say that Dr. Delio always tries.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Delio is very bright and highly regarded and I do not doubt that he has helped a lot of people. But that has not been the case for me. Granted, I have a complicated painful condition and there is no one size fits all treatment for it. Because of this he gets impatient, and will make conclusions that are hasty and not well thought out. In many cases his treatments have completely contradicted each other. It has been terribly frustrating for me. If you are a complicated case and prefer a doctor who is patient, will take the time to really analyze you, be open minded to new treatments and schools of thought, then this is not the doc for you.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I went to this Dr. Several times and had tests done by other Drs. When I went back for follow-up he reported to me things that I KNEW had not been reported by other Dr. When confronted he changed his story and abruptly walked out.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Whoa! Based on positive reviews here, I tried to make an appointment with this doctor regarding sudden unilateral deafness, vertigo, headache, and ear pain. His receptionist was perfectly friendly, set up the appointment, got my personal and insurance information--and then let me know that payment was up-front, with *possible* reimbursement by the insurance company. The 'consultation fee' would be just short of $300.00, if you please. Of course, the current economy is a train wreck, and Medicare and insurance companies in general pay doctors a fraction of what their time is worth, but I would be willing to bet that any neurologist is in better financial shape than your average Medicare patient. My symptoms probably warrant fast eval since they could point to something benign or something really nasty, like an acoustic neuroma. Nevertheless, I will have to spend more time looking for a doc who does not demand a bigger upfront fee than apparently plastic surgeons ask.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Dr. Delio is without a doubt one of the most amazing doctors I have ever come across. His compassion, concern, and intelligence is absolutely mind blowing. Honest and amazingly dedicated, I truly feel as though he has saved my life, and does so with such humility. I can't say enough positive things about him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Great neurologlist, who listens and discusses your treatment options, taking time to explain everything in detail. A very intelligent and compassionate physician.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

He is the best neurologist I have had. He is very nice and friendly. He listens and is compassionate.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2006

Best neurologist I have had in my life!!! And I have been to some renowned specialists. Delio is smarter than anyone I have encountered, void of ego, compassionate, and always available. The Best.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2006

Dr. Philip R. Delio's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1995)

Avmed