Ratings for Dr. Abdollah Malek

I wish I had never allowed Dr. Malek to touch my eyes He pulled the lower lids too tightly and left me with severe dry eyes, esp. at night. My eyes are always red and often painful. I cannot function without using ointment at night and drops during the day. i get very depressed about this. Please stay away from him.

Submitted November 16, 2016

He is overpowering and will dominate the conversation. Went in for breast reduction and came out worse than before. He did an awful job with the contouring and the stiches. He will rush you out before getting a word in

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

I love this man!! Dr. Malek is a phenomenal injector, I would highly recommend fat transfer.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

LOVE this guy! I've been to several doctors for Botox and they all do the same thing - inject more than you need in the same spot over and over. Dr. Malek took his time to evaluate my face, used almost half as much Botox and injects in different places depending on my need. The results have been noticeably better than anywhere else I've been. Another bonus is that it saves me money. Thanks Dr. Malek!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Dr. Malek has done excellent job with my fillers, liposuction, breast augmentation and tummy tuck that I have had throughout the years. He is patient, and takes the time to thoughtfully and knowledgeably answer each and every one of my questions. His staff always goes above and beyond to make my experience a breeze. I highly recommend him to all of my friends and family. THANK YOU!!!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I had my procedure completed in May. Dr. Malek and his staff were kind, caring, and professional. Prior to surgery, I had to office visits. Dr. Malek spent two hours with me on the first visit. He answered all of my questions. I am thrilled with my results. I highly recommend Dr. Malek.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

I had a procedure done in April by Dr. Malek and I am still healing from the procedure but he did an awesome job. He took his time with me and he was very knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. He prides himself at being an expert in his field and I agree! He was wonderful toward me and answered all my questions and explained things I didn't understand! The staff was AWESOME! Crystal and Julie kind of held my hand through the process...LOVE THEM! I am very pleased with the results thus far and it has been 7 weeks. I can't wait to see the final results. Dr. Malek and staff made sure that I was comfortable after the surgery by checking on me and being a phone call away to answer all my questions or concerns! I originally was scheduled to have my tummy tuck by another Dr. but after I went to visit Dr. Malek I immediately switched. He was a little more but so worth it! T. Clemment

flag | Submitted June 7, 2014

I agree with most of the comments. He thinks and acts like he knows it all and does what he feels like doing to your face. When you explain what you want he doesn't listen or maybe doesn't care. Had a very bad experience with him and would not recommend him to anyone. Once he takes your money he is downright rude if you don't like the results.

Submitted April 11, 2014

I have read the numerous comments both pro/con. I speak from personal experience as a cancer survivor - that Dr. Malek has erformed surgeries to correct issues from previous surgeons, of previous corrective surgeries. Dr. Malek was not the original surgeon, however he graciously accepted the challenge of redoing the work I required. Dr. Malek's sytle is based on perfectionism, he has always been forthright as to what he can do, and always been kind, considerate and professional as his staff. I've never heard his staff complain or shown fear of Dr. Malek. The staff and Dr. Malek have a wonderful working relationship. I flew 3200 miles as that is how much I trust Dr. Malek and appreciate his staff. He is the one I go to after cancer or other necessary surgical repairs and maintenance. The results have always been and are above my expectations. Before/After pictures on his website. Pictures worth a 1000 words.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

I agree with almost everything I have read. He is an uncaring man and doesn't explain anything in detail. He pumped up my lips to take out a few wrinkles and when I asked him to remove the filler, he was very rude and told me to wait a month for swelling to go down. After a month, I went back and he refused to help me. I looked like a clown, but all the girls in his office, of course said I looked good. Do not let this man work on your face.

Submitted January 31, 2013

Dr. Abdollah Malek's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Malek grew up in Tehran, Iran. He lived as an exchange student in Wahpeton, North Dakota before returning to Iran and graduating from Tehran University School of Medicine in 1976. Dr. Malek finished his training in general surgery and became board certified as a general surgeon, and completed his training and became a board certified plastic surgeon thereafter. He subsequently completed a fellowship in head, neck, reconstructive, and cosmetic surgery at MD Anderson Hospital in Houston, Texas before returning to Wilmington in 1984. Since then, Dr. Malek has been in practice for plastic and reconstructive surgery and has changed alongside the innovative and technological growth that is forever changing within this field. A significant amount of patients are great candidates for non-invasive or minimally invasive surgeries, with smaller or no incisions, allowing short recovery times and very natural results. Many plastic surgeons market that they “specialize” in a specific surgery/area, but Dr. Malek places a strong emphasis on being a variety-skilled surgeon. He performs numerous procedures on multiple parts of the body because he understands that in order to produce natural, harmonious results, one area of the human body always compliments another. This is why being a surgeon specializing in one area, is not always the best solution, and Dr. Malek uses his multi-faceted skills to his advantage by being able to provide more natural, pleasing, and harmonious results.

• Persian